Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Lene Marlin
 For everyone who hasn't heard Another Day yet...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
f1list Posted - 17 Sep 2003 : 13:13:04
I have :-)
You won't be disappointed. It was worth waiting all this time. As an album I think it is even better than PMG, and the single will be good too. You already know You Weren't There, and my favorite songs except for it are Sorry and Whatever It Takes.

Whatever It Takes is the most amazing track. I've been playing it looped since yesterday.

And Yes, of course I , and i think everyone who downloaded it have also preordered it in a record store. It goes without saying.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tarnim Posted - 04 Oct 2003 : 13:08:06
Thanx for the tip Anders! I bought it yesterday, and boy was it great. A very nice and interesting DVD. Those bonus live tracks were simply FANTASTIC.

-----
I see all the faces, tears and embraces. Wish you could be here to see it too.
Anders Posted - 02 Oct 2003 : 13:28:36
Tarnim, I bought the DVD on Åhléns City in Stockholm the 24th. You can also order it from cdon.se or ginza.se

adamqaisar Posted - 30 Sep 2003 : 22:52:02
I just got the CD... is was delivered a day late! Anyway... it's been worth the wait... it is definatley one of the best CDs i've ever heard! Seriously, if this is what we get after almost 4 years of waiting, I'll gladly wait another 4 for a 3rd album

Dazzy Posted - 29 Sep 2003 : 18:29:36
Well adamqaisar, as you probably know by now - the DVD version of the single has "Enough" on it - and what a cracking little song it is too!

Right, back to the subject in hand...

Another Day was released here in the U.K. today! Yay!! I got my copy as soon as teh shops opened, ran home and listened to it. To be honest - I was disapointed, it's not a great "first listen" album as Playing My Game was, but I was patient with it - after all, most of my fave albums haven't been great first listens.I'm glad I did. Music wise and lyric wise - it's a lot stronger than Playing My Game, my favourite songs so far are You Weren't There, Whatever It Takes, Disguise and Story. My only critizism is that I don't think the album has enough poppy sounding songs on it that it'll need if it's gonna be as succesful as Playing My Game.

But well done Lene, beautiful strong album that I love, and I'm sure it's gonna really grow and grow on me.

My loss, here we go again...
adamqaisar Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 11:03:12
does anyone know if the UK single is going to have "enough" on it? I really want to hear it!

Tarnim Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 10:36:37
P.S.
Does any1 know realese dates for the DVD in Sweden. Haven't seen it here or heard anything about when it's comming out!

"We have been called naive as if it were a dirty word
We have been called innocent as though with shame our cheeks should burn"
- Jewel Kilcher, "We Have Been Called"
Tarnim Posted - 28 Sep 2003 : 10:34:59
I just wanted to say this:

THE NEW ALBUM IS INCREDIBLE!!!
Wow!! Sure was worth waiting for! It's the most beutiful thing I've ever heard! All the songs are just marvellos! Thank you Lene for this wonderful pice of genuine art you have presented to us!

"We have been called naive as if it were a dirty word
We have been called innocent as though with shame our cheeks should burn"
- Jewel Kilcher, "We Have Been Called"
Meriadoc Posted - 24 Sep 2003 : 20:00:16
quote:
Originally posted by Violet sky

Still, "Fight against the hours" was made at the time of the first album, so it feels a little out of place to me...
I can't help but wonder why only 10 songs were chosen for each cd, when there are many more...
Who knows how many Lene songs we'll never hear :(

It's one of my favorite songs on the CD.
BTW, we have 11 at the moment. Don't forget 'Enough' which is imho a jewel. Perhaps, when other singles are choosen, we'll get more bonus-songs.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Tef Johs Posted - 24 Sep 2003 : 09:18:00
Get the DVD, then you'll get TWO entirely new songs, "Hope you're happy" and "it's all good"....both of them are classic Lene pearls. Unmissable.

And, there's lots more on there, among other things an *live* acoustic version of "My Love" (fantastic) and "Sorry" (beautiful, even without the strings).

I'm thinking about you, Wondering about you
Do I really know you, Have I ever known you - Lene Marlin, "Fight Against The Hours"
f1list Posted - 24 Sep 2003 : 09:09:28
I think the reason for the outtakes is an attempt to make something that sounds like an album and not just a collection of songs. this is really an album you can play beginning to end without the finger eaching to skip any.
Violet sky Posted - 23 Sep 2003 : 16:04:55
Still, "Fight against the hours" was made at the time of the first album, so it feels a little out of place to me...
I can't help but wonder why only 10 songs were chosen for each cd, when there are many more...
Who knows how many Lene songs we'll never hear :(

_________

In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here
nightsh Posted - 23 Sep 2003 : 05:54:31
my favorite:
disguise
faces

Heaven is a place nearby.
Marini Posted - 21 Sep 2003 : 12:40:21
I agree with f1list,this album is better than PMG.Listning to it right now I just love it!! " figth against the hours" is defenetly my favourite track. So to all of you who havent heard it yet, you wont be disaponted at all. Lene delivers it all over againt,trust me!
Violet sky Posted - 20 Sep 2003 : 16:12:39
I haven't listened to all the songs yet (my way of listening to new albums is quite weird), but of the ones I have my favorite is "Fight against the hours"...

_________

In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000