Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Lene Marlin
 Happiness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Måns Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 11:19:11
Happiness lasts for 4 minutes and two seconds. it's name: Unforgivable sinner.

I cannot put words on the feelings that song gives me in all its greatness and wonder, but I can tell you that it makes me remember, it makes me feel things I thought lost, and yet it seems to me ever new, when I hear it. The acoustic guitar, Lene's strong voice, to me, those tiny four minutes of sound are the most meaningful there is. I think it highly unlikely that this song will ever be surpassed in it's splendour and beauty, but I know not whether this is good or bad. Lene's new album, "Another day" does not live up to the standard of it's predecessor, though this was not excpected. I did not want a "Playing my game 2", as Lene said, it is a new style. Despite it being superior to all mortal music, this album does not stand comparison to Playing my game. What I miss in it is much, but I will contend with naming a few things. The solitude in Lene's voice, the reliance on it as the main "instrument", she has the most beautiful voice but in Another day, it kind of disappears behind all the electric music sounds. The acoustic guitar, no matter how much I love the song Another Day, I must say that it would have been so much better with simpler instruments. Somewhat of the ambiugity, the deepness has been lost too, whcih i feel very sorry for. The best song on this album is easily Sorry, and it includes many of the features above mentioned.

Måns

Som ett fjärran berg
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tarnim Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 17:04:19
It truley is amazing. Unfigivable Sinner will always have a special place in my heart. The first Lene song I ever heard. And it sure is one of her best. An amazing song no doubt about it. The instuments, the rythm, the lyrics, the vocie, it's all good.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
HeartaBetta Posted - 27 Oct 2003 : 15:34:11
quote:
Originally posted by Måns

Happiness lasts for 4 minutes and two seconds. it's name: Unforgivable sinner.

I definitely agree with you....Unforgivable Sinner is a song of extreme and extraordinary beauty and meaning. I have always liked it and I guess I won't ever stop loving it, though there are also other songs ( not by Lene Marlin) that make me feel very strong emotions and move me.
It's because of "Unforgivable Sinner" that I started loving Lene's music and I decided to buy the album "Playing My Game" ( I don't regret at all for having done it...). I think "Playing My Game" is the best album, although there's also "Another Day" nowadays. It is really fastened in my heart and actually "Another Day" isn't able to make me feel as "Playing My Game" does. I don't really know the reason why it happens...
And "Unforgivable Sinner" is still a song of huge and very high level that's really...amazing!!!!!

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000