Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Lene Marlin
 Lene's Make Up

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helios Rietberg Posted - 30 Dec 2004 : 15:08:40
First, to all Lene's hardcore fans, like Marko, Tef Johs, Staalorm, Memo and so forth, i'm not trying to bash Lene. I know you all love her, and i love her and her songs too. I know that Lene doesn't like us talking about her appearance, so i'll try to make it as subtle as possible.

But, lately i've realised that Lene's make up is... eh, a tad bit too heavy. I've seen the posts in the shoutbox in lene-marlin.no, and, well, partly i agree. Not about the goth monster or vampire or whatever those two blokes called her, but about where they said that her make-up artist was really bad. I mean, how did they change her from a lovely, sweet Lene to a Lene who looks made-up for Hollywood?

Lene looked really lovely in her newest videos - AD and YWT. But you know, where lene-marlin.no had coverage over her meetings with Bertine Zelitz and Morten Abel, and where there were also plenty of pictures, she looked a little too white. Too much powder was put on her face, and her make-up was too orange. Maybe it was partly because of the lighting, but the lighting can't really be that much of a factor.

What happened? Did she change a make-up artist, or did she herself want to try out a new style? Her make-up was fine, just fine in AD and YWT, but in her more recent pictures...

When she was photographed at the Ari Behn fashion show in Norway before the 2004 Christmas tour, her make-up was really nice. She looked really elegant, really pretty. I saw the photos from the concert too, and there she looked simply stunning. But there were some photos where her face just looked too orange (one of the possible factors - the lighting). There were also others where her face is too white, and her lipstick too red.

During the tour, her make-up was done up really really well. I just hope she keeps it that way. Sometimes, when i read the interviews translated over at lene-marlin.no and i see those pictures where she's done up heavily, i really miss the Lene that we see in AD.

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Helios Rietberg Posted - 30 Mar 2005 : 07:48:38
Well, i didn't mean for Lene's eyes to be like that green rock.

As rhyolites, i meant (as they explain in encyclopedias) glittering, shining things that are amazingly beautiful (i think i've seen a few in caves in China), and (from my point of view) bring out hope even in the darkest moments... notice "jewels of hope" in the poem below?

custard555 Posted - 30 Mar 2005 : 01:14:10
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel

quote:
Originally posted by Marko

quote:
rhyolites

What does it mean?

Rhyolite is a green lava originated mineral (stone).

Google found this:

I love google.com, but i hate (the evil) http://www.google.com.cn/

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Daniel Posted - 29 Mar 2005 : 21:30:37
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

quote:
rhyolites

What does it mean?

Rhyolite is a green lava originated mineral (stone).

Google found this:

Marko Posted - 29 Mar 2005 : 10:13:51
quote:
rhyolites

What does it mean?

Looking again at that pic, I see all her face so peaceful and lit up with happiness when she's singing. Sometimes I think she could really be a singing angel on Earth

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Helios Rietberg Posted - 27 Mar 2005 : 04:18:36
I'm silenced. Her eyes are lovely, like rhyolites...

Marko Posted - 26 Mar 2005 : 14:34:16
Thank you northside
Such an image expresses better than any word we might use who Lene is.
We cannot do it, but in my opinion it would be great just to put it in homepage and nothing else

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
northside66 Posted - 22 Mar 2005 : 03:20:35
Pegasus_TDCi Posted - 14 Feb 2005 : 17:46:18
Mr. "I Prefer etc.", I can't see the point of the harsh in your post. I hope you were not referring to anyone of us when you talked about your reminds of Lene-haters, because there was just a tranquil topic going on where we are discussing about Lene's make-up, and her fashion style in general. We all agree that Lene has a real nice and sober taste for fashion, and, as northside66 has remarked, we have seen her as a cute teenager, and then becoming a gorgeous young woman. Here nobody is struggling for her to keep a style rather than changing to another, and nobody is judging her becuse of this. I'm sorry that you had to deal with the people you've told of, because I think they have a poor understanding of what counts, anyway I'd like to tell you that I hope we'll be able to discuss keeping tones a bit lower, since I haven't seen anyone in this topic trying to raise them excessively but you so far.

Hey what do you think of me now?
Am I not like I once
were
Still if you don't
know me,
what's the
story of this pen
I guess you're not a
stranger
and I can tell you're not a
friend
It might take a
while but I guess
I'll manage
waiting 'till then...

Then...
when you
confront me with your thoughts.
northside66 Posted - 12 Feb 2005 : 01:08:11
I've never seen Lene in person and from viewing all the videos that I can find I can see that Lene has many different looks over the years. Basicly she's changed from a cute teenager into a gorgeous young woman. Maybe her makeup hasn't been perfect, but I'd be willing to bet she looks very, very good without any makeup. I liked her makeup on the nobel awards concert the best, but I can't say she ever looked bad.
Helios Rietberg Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 15:56:58
Hello I Prefer Terrorists. I suppose i rubbed someone down the wrong way.

I am not a Lene-hater. I love Lene's music and her pride, her attitude and her confidence. I have been a devoted Lene fan for 6 years now; i visit this site six times a day, and i care much about her welfare.

All that i stated above was just an opinion, not a desparate chance to demote or slander Lene. I wouldn't do that; even if i wanted to, i wouldn't be as stupid as to do it on an official site. I just feel that, personally, her make-up doesn't suit her. If you don't accept my opinion, fine by me, but please, don't call me a Lene-hater. I'm sure every devoted fan would feel horribly insulted to be accused as a Lene-hater after so many years of patient waiting and frenzied grappling at Lene's CDs. (You could note that her CDs are extremely hard to find here in Malaysia; and if you don't know where Malaysia is, it's a little bit above Singapore; you know, that "puny" peninsula that tries to put itself on the map by building the tallest building in the world.)

I don't care whether or not Lene looks like a punk or a clown. I'm just making a comment. If you tend to take other people's comments the wrong way around and try to shut them up like your rant above, then life will be extremely hard for you. Accept my opinion, and if you don't agree with it, place your opinion up on board nicely and politely. You sound like you're ready to murder me.

By the way, just for your information, i don't like whatever Britney or Jessica or Ashlee. The artists on the top of my frequented list are:

1. Lene Marlin.
2. Kyo.
3. Enigma.
4. Classical Music (particularly of the piano and classical guitar; Beethoven and John Williams respectively).
5. Sarah Brightman.

Well anyhow, welcome to the forum. If my posts are unbearable to you, i'm sorry; just don't read them.

Tef Johs Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 12:06:06
Hey...wow, that's quite a rant, Mr. "I prefer terrorists"

"Lene haters"?

I don't think you have the right targets, my friend. Please read up more on who you are actually accusing before making such horrible claims.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
IPreferTerroristsToHeroes Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 10:32:09
this conversation remains me about Lene haters (some of my schoolmates who know Lene) that have given stupid comments about her, her music, her songs, her videos and her makeup...and i thought “whats up with all these people insulting her for no reason...those stupid Lenehaters have the dumbest reasons : they said : *look at her face! She looks like a clown....she is a prep....she gets on her nerves well screw you no one asked for your opinion anyway you dont even know her so why are you judging her anyway she has so many good points*”....she is only 24 and she has been in numerous TV-shows and has 2 succesful records. id like to see any of you (they) do all that. she is a strong person and yes she did write some of her music mabee not all but who does anyway ?! you cant say Britney or Ashlee or Jessica did...as far as being a sell out who cares wouldnt you like to be payed millions of dollars or grands or jennies or euros for your talent....as far as her being a prep and a poser. how could she be a prep ???!!!she dosent go to a real college and is very smart and very kind to others. she cares about more than her makeup like a prep. she indources products like makeup and clothing what you wear dosent make who you are or what you believe in...and how could she be a poser ???!!!she listens who all types of music and dosent claim to be a rocker or a punk or a P.I.M.P or a prep or an avrilhearted woman or anything like that. she is just trying to be herself and have her own type of music she isnt trying to be a certain group she just wants to inspire people in her music to be more positive and give up your dreams and thats the best thing you can do for someone....she inspired me to have dreams and to chase those dreams and one day if my dream of playing music becomes a reality id like to meet her and tell her how she inspired me to keep trying and not give up...im not a very big fan of her music but i think she is very talented and has a good heart and is a very wonderful person and her makeup and clothes are nice she doesnt like punk-style she doesn’t look like a clown she doesn’t like to be naked in front of camera and all her nude pics on internet are fake!!!!!. if she wants to change her makeup i honestly don’t care that much. (we cant tell her what to do) i dont care who she is..a blonde or brunette with green or brown eyes i won’t forget her....(and i do like the song where i’m headed ) LENE ROCKS!
Superfan Posted - 11 Feb 2005 : 01:51:49
well then good luck on it!

dont give up...
they say what you want is what you get (or somethin like that)

custard555 Posted - 30 Jan 2005 : 21:50:50
Already have 2 notebooks (one nice IBM and one AMD 64) but the thing is… tablet pc’s are way easier to take notes, with the handwriting recognition and they look way cooler.. plus at night they make a nice “picture frame”.

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Superfan Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 01:32:48
I uh kinda agree with helios and wanted to make such a topic 2...but you know me...and how
%great% i am when it comes to creating sensitive topics like this...
Helios you were/will always be the best in words!

and Custard why do you want a tablet PC so much?
I'd stick with a good Compaq Notebook!

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000