Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Lene Marlin
 Lene's guitar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Meriadoc Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 09:00:15
(I fear some people will declare me crazy from now on )
On several sites is is said that Lene's first guitar was a Takamine, model EF-2SBL. Only, I can't find any information about that model anywhere. The only thing remotly close is this: http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=151&sid=352 a Takamine model EF261SBL. I know it's a smal detail .
More links I found: http://www.musiciansbuy.com/TAKAMINE_EF261SBL_GUITAR_W_FREE_OFFER.html and http://theguitarfactory.com/itempage.php?recnum=2510&title=Takamine_EF261SBL.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Meriadoc Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 18:49:29
One last thing about that guitar: when searching on http://www.sound1.no/index2.html this is the result:

Takamine EF261SBL - Lene Marlin Modell

Disse -Small Bodied- artist modellene er blitt veldig godt mottatt for sin størrelse på kroppen. En gitar det er veldig lett å komme rundt når du står på en scene og skal spille. Ikke bare størrelsen er godt mottatt. Høy kvalitet i treverket. Håndplukket heltre Gran og heltre Seder til lokket på gitarene og håndplukket Rosentre,Mahogni og Koa tre til sargene og bunn. Ikke ulikt andre Takamine gitarer, så har disse small bodied gitarene Takamines mest responsive picuper. Grapic EX eller Accuracoustic preamps..

Spesifikasjoner:

• Heltre Cederlokk

• Mahogny i Sarg & Bunn

• Rosentre gripebrett

• Graph EX Preamp med 3-bånds Eq. + en Exiter funksjon som gjør at du kan åpne opp lyden slik at den blir klarere og mer deffinert.

• Krom mekanikk.

• Cuttaway

• Sort polert finish

• Inkl. takamine koffert

--
Just the way we are
Falling down
Helios Rietberg Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 17:57:04
Yes, i've seen the black Takamine many, many times. In fact i've only seen the yellow guitar once... i'm not sure if it were really her who was in the picture, but it was labelled as a Lene picture, so i'm a little confused...

But i'm probably wrong, anyhow, since the only guitar i've ever seen her holding is the black Takamine. I remember it very strongly from European-US. Her best video ever!

Eyes that sparkle deeds in dust,
Silent leaving of love and lust.
Hope still flickering in abused feelings,
Incessant words that give few meanings...

Thoughts of melancholy quietly dwell,
Hypnotised movements under a spell.
Courteous blinking in haughty air,
Coddled warmth in gracious flair...
Meriadoc Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 14:56:03
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

I don't know much about what model her first guitar was, but i will tell you this :
1. Beware when you buy guitars. Many of them might look like Takamines but they aren't; they're given weird names like "Pyramid" or something; they are NOT Takamines.
2. I recommend you find a proper music shop, not the internet. But that's really your choice.

I wasn't planning on buying a guitar on the internet. There's a very good music shop nearby. They sell Takamine guitars but they have never heard about a model EF-2SBL. I couldn't find that model on Takamine's site either. So I thought it might have been a model EF261SBL. This model looks a lot like the one Lene's playing at the time of PMG.
quote:
I don't know where i've seen it, but i have. I've seen a photo of Lene in a bar, holding a really large yellow guitar that was way too big for her, trying to sing on stage. She was standing, and she was about the age of when she released US. The picture was taken with flash, and so you can't really see her very well... could that be her first guitar instead? I thought that this Takamine was her second, or something...

I'm not sure about the guitar. The story about the black Takamine guitar she got from her parents is one that keeps coming back and has been going around for several years now. There are a lot of photo's of her with that guitar, including singles video captures of US, SDH and WIH http://lene.futuredt.com/gallery/videocaptures.

quote:
[EDIT] By the way, Merry... looking back, i really do think that you are mad!

Poor Lene has a fan who's really mad.

--
Just the way we are
Falling down
Helios Rietberg Posted - 22 Apr 2005 : 10:40:35
I don't know much about what model her first guitar was, but i will tell you this :

1. Beware when you buy guitars. Many of them might look like Takamines but they aren't; they're given weird names like "Pyramid" or something; they are NOT Takamines.
2. I recommend you find a proper music shop, not the internet. But that's really your choice.

I don't know where i've seen it, but i have. I've seen a photo of Lene in a bar, holding a really large yellow guitar that was way too big for her, trying to sing on stage. She was standing, and she was about the age of when she released US. The picture was taken with flash, and so you can't really see her very well... could that be her first guitar instead? I thought that this Takamine was her second, or something...

[EDIT] By the way, Merry... looking back, i really do think that you are mad!

Eyes that sparkle deeds in dust,
Silent leaving of love and lust.
Hope still flickering in abused feelings,
Incessant words that give few meanings...

Thoughts of melancholy quietly dwell,
Hypnotised movements under a spell.
Courteous blinking in haughty air,
Coddled warmth in gracious flair...

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000