Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Fans
 Hello from Ireland!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
adam Posted - 09 Nov 2003 : 20:35:19
Hello everyone,
I'm Adam, a 22 year old political science graduate from Ireland, and a new Lene Marlin fan! I guess I first became aware of Lene back in 1999 when she won the MTV award in Dublin, but it was only with the release of the new album that I made the commitment to listen to her work (stupid, I know). I was immediately struck by the songwriting ability of this Norwegian artist who had slipped out of the public sphere (where I live at least). I tried to find her official site, only to discover that none existed! Thankfully, I was able to rely on lene.it and lene-marlin.no for news and background information. It's amazing how you guys have managed to support Lene, when her own record company has been less than forthcoming. She is that rare thing: an intelligent, graceful, beautiful artist, who writes her own material and cares more about substance than bland stylistic gestures. She deserves all the support she is offered.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pellissier Posted - 21 Nov 2003 : 12:28:15
Welcome!
You know, I sort of envy your irishness, Ireland is on my top list of nations I'd like to see one day
And quoting the others: "Viva U2, The Corrs, and Enya too!"

Another day goes by - Will never know just wonder why
You made me feel good - Made me smile
Dazzy Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 22:19:03
Hi adam - sorry I'm late, I haven't been around for a bit, I've been in the beautiful city of Barcelona for a bit of a break. It's great that you've discovered Lene and her music.

Keep posting!

My loss, here we go again...
Len Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 18:07:53
quote:
Originally posted by Tarnim

And viva the Corrs!

yeah!!!

Len
Who r u Lene??a fair..of course!!
Tarnim Posted - 17 Nov 2003 : 15:10:56
And viva the Corrs!

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Marko Posted - 14 Nov 2003 : 20:16:05
Welcome Adam, you're the first fan from Ireland Viva U2!!!
Very interesting your "different" opinion about PMG and AD.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Filly Posted - 13 Nov 2003 : 13:53:20
Hello fans I have a notice:
Lene appeared in TV in Spain last Sunday. In a tv program called
"Musica sí". She asked to questions and she song "You weren´t there".
It´s was incredible!!
Thanks Lene for coming to Spain.
Filly Posted - 13 Nov 2003 : 13:43:28
Hello Adam, and wellcome!!!
you have just discovered one of the most amazing artist of last years. Congratulations. I hope we become fan-friends.
adam Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 22:23:40
I guess that I would have to come down on the side of Another Day. The melodies seem more developed to me, and the production has a much more considered feel. This is especially true on songs like From This Day and Fight Against the Hours. Obviously, few of the songs have the same immediacy as say, Unforgivable Sinner or Sitting Down Here. But, I think AD has more depth to it as a whole, and should reveal itself over time, as Lene has said in some of the interviews. That being said, I can understand why a lot of the fans identify with Playing My Game so much. I mean, to sustain an interest for four years requires something pretty special.
Geno Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 13:56:10
Welcome, Adam.

Which album do you prefer, PMG or AD? For most of us here who have been listening to PMG for ages, it's a bit difficult to compare the two albums. But since you seem to be new to both of them, what is your impression?
Tarnim Posted - 10 Nov 2003 : 22:22:41
Hi adam and welcome. Fun that brand new fans are finding Lenes music thesedays. You've might have missed some years of lissening to Lene but look at it from the bright side; you've just discovered two great albums at the same time, PMG and AD!

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000