Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Fans
 Question for Finnish fans...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robyf Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 10:33:10
First of all, Hello! I'm an Italian boy and it's the first time I post here in the International Forum.
In the last weekend I was in Helsinki, and I visited some record shops (looking for the last Lisa Miskovsky cd, but I didn't find it ), and I saw Lene's cds only in one of them (Free Record Shop in Mannerheimintie). There were 4 AD and 1 PMG UK edition.
Is it so difficult to find Lene's cds there? Or can't they be found 'cause they was all sold?

And, do all cds cost 21,99 euro there?? It's a very big amount!!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ola Posted - 26 Nov 2003 : 06:46:43
quote:
Originally posted by mka

For some reason Lene hasn't sold so well in Finland. Don't know why, but that's the way it is.

I have no idea how many copies she has sold of AD or her position on the charts, but her songs have been played quite frequently on the radio (or at least on one of the commercial stations I generally listen to).

- Ola-74
Robyf Posted - 25 Nov 2003 : 17:16:49
Kiitos mka!
mka Posted - 21 Nov 2003 : 18:11:42
quote:
Originally posted by Robyf
Talking seriously, do you think that an Italian boy could find a job there in Finland? I'm thinking to come living there!

Rob,

Why not, if you are good at what you do. For some jobs the language barrier can be a problem, but with the field you're working at (it-stuff) it is not that bad. For example Nokia employs a lot of foreign people.

Here's a link that you might want to check out: http://www.aarresaari.net/english/index.htm

Good luck with your search! And if you eventually manage to find a job, remember to bring some warm clothes with you. ;)

-m

[edit] I took a quick glance at the jobs offered and already in the second ad there was a job for a native Italian speaker! http://www.minedu.fi/rekrytointi/jobboard/messages/9224.html
Robyf Posted - 21 Nov 2003 : 15:12:16
quote:
Originally posted by mka

Ciao Robyf,

Moi mka!
quote:

due to my ISP not being able to fix a faulty router!

Well... I worked as network technician time ago, perhaps I can come there and be employed by your ISP
quote:

But the weather. ;( I'd love to have long summers like you have in Italy!

You should have tries the last summer... It was hot, hot and hot... and humid, humid and humid
For me it was quite impossible to live without air conditioner turned on all days and nights!

Talking seriously, do you think that an Italian boy could find a job there in Finland? I'm thinking to come living there!

Bye,
Rob
mka Posted - 20 Nov 2003 : 21:16:57
quote:
Originally posted by Robyf
Have I understood correctly?? Do public libraries use to have also music cds there in Finland??

Ciao Robyf,

Sorry for my late reply, but my broadband internet was down for 9 days due to my ISP not being able to fix a faulty router! I think the last time I had a 9 day break from the net was when I was in the army back in -91. ;)

Yes, you understood right. In Finland the public libraries do not only have books, but also c-cassettes, vhs-tapes, cds, dvds and cd-roms for free loans. And you can search the library database from home with your netbrowser, make a reservation and receive an email or a SMS-message to your GSM when the material can be fetched from your nearest library. Very convenient this technology nowadays.

quote:

Another good reasons for come living there

But the weather. ;( I'd love to have long summers like you have in Italy!

-m
Robyf Posted - 15 Nov 2003 : 16:30:02
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

Robyf, Feltrinelli is the greatest library chain in Italy and some of them sell also music. Do you forgot Milan 19/9? In Naples for ex. there's a great Feltrinelli on 3 levels and one of those levels sells only cds, dvds and also tickets for concerts.

Marko, please don't remember me that day, it was too sad for me
I know Feltrinelli, but I was talking about public libraries (biblioteche), not book shops
Marko Posted - 14 Nov 2003 : 20:04:20
Robyf, Feltrinelli is the greatest library chain in Italy and some of them sell also music. Do you forgot Milan 19/9? In Naples for ex. there's a great Feltrinelli on 3 levels and one of those levels sells only cds, dvds and also tickets for concerts.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Robyf Posted - 13 Nov 2003 : 16:26:27
quote:
Originally posted by mka

So that's one good reason to use public libraries and loan cds from there and burn them. In Finland that's even legal, you can make a copy for your own use.

Hi mka and thanks for the answer.
Have I understood correctly?? Do public libraries use to have also music cds there in Finland??
I'm a bit shocked.. Here in Italy there are no public libraries with cds, only books!
And I'm also shocked 'cause there it's legal to burn a cd for your own use (here you can also burn a backup copy but you've to be the owner of the original one).

Another good reasons for come living there

For Tarnim: I've listened some songs of the new Lisa's cd, and I think they're very very nice... But here in Italy the album can't be found
Tarnim Posted - 12 Nov 2003 : 09:59:35
Hi Robyf and welcome to the international forum. Hope you find the Lisa Miskovsky album, it's realy good (much better than her first if you ask me)
To bad that there are so little intreset in Finland, but there hasn't been that much sight of AD here in Sweden either, but atleast more than that. I've got the felling that there where actually more interest to PMG than AD. I think I've always been able to find PMG from the day it was realesed in most record stores.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
mka Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 22:47:36
Hi Robyf,

For some reason Lene hasn't sold so well in Finland. Don't know why, but that's the way it is. I bought PMG in -99 after hearing Sitting Down Here repeatedly on a three week business trip in Toulouse/France. At the time, PMG was easy to locate on most of the local shops because of the chart success of the albums hits. It is still one of my favorite albums of all time.

With AD I called several stores a few days before the release and while most stores hadn't even heard about the album(!), some that were going to order it said that they would only order one or two copies of it! So the record stores obviously don't believe Lene has any potential in here ;(. I managed to get my copy however before it was even supposed to be released, on 19/9. It was the only copy of the store, btw...

The DVD I bought from Oslo, when I went to see Lene perform live. I haven't seen the DVD in local shops. And yes, cds are pricy here. Normal price is between 20-25e, some special offers might be just under 20e for new releases. Best price cds for about 12e. So that's one good reason to use public libraries and loan cds from there and burn them. In Finland that's even legal, you can make a copy for your own use.

-m
Darksky Posted - 11 Nov 2003 : 21:54:50
Hey Robyf! well..I'm not finnish..But I just wanted to say..That in France, cds costs 20€ and sometimes more! So..I'm not surprised that cs cost 21€ there..

**gjorde det vondt da du falt ned fra himmelen?**

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000