Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Fans
 Why

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
northside66 Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 04:05:19
I'm a relatively new fan from USA. I live in Columbia, South Carolina. I found Lene from mentions on other messageboards. My question is why hasn't Lene's record company promoted her in the US. I've downloaded all the videos I can find. Not only is Lene one of the most beautiful persons I've ever seen, but her singing and song writing are fantastic. So why?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ive lost my mind Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 22:21:47
quote:
Originally posted by custard555
I think Lene did CD-UK, not 100% sure.

I'm sure she did, yeah. I think there are screenshots lurking somewhere on the internet.
Superfan Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 01:02:15
Talking about Lene's music Problems...whooo I've had that!

I dont [i]think[/] anyone of you would complain about the price or anything else if you've been in my shoes for 1 week...I'd thank god if I was in your shoes!

and by the way...does anyone have a good theor about:
WHY Dido sold well?
I have 2 of her albums (life 4 Rent & No Angel and out of those two albums I found only 4~5 song worth listening...while I have an at least 19/20 from Lene's)

and I think not promoting in U.S had a LOT of good reasons which i am not willing to type in these forums....

custard555 Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 16:34:02
I think Lene did CD-UK, not 100% sure.

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Geno Posted - 17 Jan 2005 : 14:06:01
Yeah, she performed SDH on Top of the Pops, maybe her last appearance before her "break".
custard555 Posted - 13 Jan 2005 : 19:59:18
Why, Why, Why!

Why> is Lene’s web site still behind the times (don’t care what people say, there must be a reason why and I fear it’s not a going to be good news)

Why> is it the fans are last to know any news (this is kind of links into the 1st why, if there was a official web site then news would hit the fans the same-ish as the media)

Why>wasn’t the album push has hard as it could of gone?

Anyone answering these questions shouldn’t reply what actually happened but the reason why it didn’t

Fact, not fiction please.

MarkO, there was a little promo for the UK; her SDH video was played loads and she did some shows! (if you blinked then you would have missed her!)

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Marko Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 21:10:01
Ive lost my mind, you're right, but also for PMG Lene did no promotion in UK and she had the same an impressive success.
I'm really sorry for all you guys around the world, but only Lene decides what she wants to do now.
The only suggestion I can give you is to try to open a (polite, I don't have to say it..) request thread on these forum. Perhaps she will at least read or know about your wishes.
We're official after all, so you can try it. If you were many people from one country requesting for ex. a live show in a town (Istanbul, for ex) she could perhaps think of a special initiative or do a concert more on her next tour.
But sadly until now you're a few fans from many different countries. More realistically English fans could join, you're still a lot after all (you could call your friends and put up placards like: Come and vote for a concert in London in the Lene Marlin request thread on Lene.it ). Lene has been in London several times, she shot a video and recorded an album there. She loves the place, and we cannot forget that you're "heavy" in music business, even if I think she doesn't care.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Helios Rietberg Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 07:39:30
Well, northside, as you can see i love Lene too, and i'm from Malaysia... halfway round the world! We all share the same problem as you do, for probably not ever being able to see her in concert. Don't fret, you're not alone... Lene's albums are also a problem here; i had to wait a month or two before i got AD, and it was by chance that i got PMG as the last copy in my local CD shop (Tower Records) a year after the release. And even then, i had to pay $10 for one CD (it may not be very expensive for you, but here where we all earn in ringgit, it's very unreasonable. That's why the piracy rate is so high here, and then they don't really burn CDs of less renowned or less appreciated artists... the ones they really burn are Britney Spears, Hoobastank and stuff like that...) We (at least the ones that live in Asia) share your misery...

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
northside66 Posted - 12 Jan 2005 : 00:21:15
I understand, but one of my other favorite artist, Kasey Chambers, comes to the US and plays small venues. She's from Australia and I've gotten to see her twice. And that was in a venue that holds about 1000 people. You have to pitty me in that I'll probably never get to see a Lene concert (unless I win the lotto). Besides I'd like to buy several copies of each of her albums, but I'm not going to pay $40 each for them. It's a matter of principal. I was finally able to download the nobel appearance by Lene and I've watched it at least 50 times. I love the closeups. She is just so gorgeous. I am a big fan now, if you haven't noticed.
Ive lost my mind Posted - 11 Jan 2005 : 20:50:58
Hi northside! Nice to meet you

I was just pondering a bit, marko, on the UK situation.

The reason why Another Day was perhaps a 'failure' in the UK was only because of a lack of airplay/publicity really. While the singles didn't seem (where I live at least) to be hugely available, the album sure was/is. The songs never got played on radio though, and there was only a sort of advert thing that Lene did on music channels, where she chatted a little.

I'm still confused about all that - was she supposed to come to the UK at all, or was it just rumour? I did see the videos for YWT/AD on tv (only once though).
Marko Posted - 11 Jan 2005 : 11:53:19
Welcome northside!!
I'm always so happy when I see a USA fan You're the 6th on this board until today: that shows a good interest for Lene overseas too.
The reason why Lene did no promotion in USA is simple: it's a too great and difficult market and the plans of the record company and of Lene herself have never been like conquering the world. Not with Playing My Game (which was thought only for Norway, then Virgin dragged Lene around the world -not USA- for over one year, to the detriment of her's health) and not at all with Another Day, because now Lene does everything following her rhythms, and she's really doing a lot, even if we have always to be patient. The plans for the new album were just not to do too much promotion, from the beginning the record company and Lene didn't expect to sell much, and it went according to the previsions.
Perhaps she would have a relative success in USA, who knows, but if we think that Another Day was a failure in UK compared to Dido's new album (their style is "similar") and that in USA there's a different music trend in many ways, I'm very doubtful about that possibility.
Then going to USA would just mean doing a lot of promotion and goind headlong into that circus she doesn't like very much.
So "I'm sorry" but I don't think Lene will ever try to land overseas. But remember she shot in New York the 3rd beautiful version of Unforgivable Sinner (the one with dark hair; it was about one year before the 9/11 )
Then, at the beginning of 2002, while there was full silence, come out THIS important article (sorry I found only the Italian translation, hope Tef will recover the English one) but it was all not true.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
northside66 Posted - 11 Jan 2005 : 00:35:12
But she is so good and her CDs cost $40 as imports. The normal price over here is $13 to $16. I'm not saying she's not worth it, but not many will be sold over here for that price.
Helios Rietberg Posted - 10 Jan 2005 : 05:28:06
Hello northside. Welcome on board.

Lene has said so herself that she has no plans to promote herself in the US. She and her record company agreed that they find no need in focusing on the US market. How respectable!

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000