Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Off Topic
 Windows Service Pack 2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Helios Rietberg Posted - 04 Sep 2004 : 10:47:18
Has anyone using Windows XP have trouble downloading this update? I've tried many times, but it's always unsuccessful. The reason? There's no reason!!! It's so annoying. They've told us to check for spyware and adware and stuff, and i've run my SpySweeper and AVG Antivirus and stuff, but it's still unable to download. Miserable!

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

The path of access leads to the Tower of Wisdom.

I just want you to know who i am...

Comme le monde est grand.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Superfan Posted - 02 Feb 2005 : 22:54:34
I highly agree with the 6800 Ultra now that I can play MGS2 with my PC with all the cool stuff and not one bit of a slowdown,
and Intel Pentium has been alover ever since those 486's but Helios you should really try out an AMD for your next PC

and about processor both intel & AMD will have a little stop after they give out 5.0ghz processor and work out the bugs & other stuff to make a more stable preformance

Helios Rietberg Posted - 31 Jan 2005 : 04:30:19
I'm running on GeForce 6800 too, and it's brilliant. Don't know much about processors though. Been a Pentium user ever since i started using computers. In fact i think most people in Malaysia use Pentiums. Perhaps i'll try to spot the price of an AMD here, but fat chance -- the computer shops here are all stocked with Pentiums, and anyway i'm not getting a new computer or laptop anytime soon.

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
custard555 Posted - 30 Jan 2005 : 22:35:44
Can’t really comment on this one, not really a gamer, but my laptop has a ati 9600 with 128mb and seems to run ok with DVD’s

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Superfan Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 00:24:47
EDIT

I must add: that the only reason Pentium is/was more known was because of those 486 chipsets and Intel took AMD on the court...although Intel didn't win directly but beated AMD badly (sorry had 2 cut the details...I can tell you more about what i know about this in the future if u want)

New question:

nVidia Geforce VS. ATI

I'd go with nVidia (I've got a Geforce 6800 Ultra and I have no problems with games or anything else...but on the other side ATI Raedon 8000 was the best graphic Card at pcworld in year 2k3...

Superfan Posted - 28 Jan 2005 : 00:19:53
thanks custard and i say AMD all the way...(I have 100% tried that and its been proven 2 me)

AMD works better in 3Ds MAX 6.0 & recently 7.0
AMD Works better when I encode Videos (I've encoded 3 Videos at same time from Mpg -> WMV) using an AMD 3.2

and also AMD is cheaper!

Overall I dont think I'd be wasting extra money Intel anymore (Only processors that is)

custard555 Posted - 23 Dec 2004 : 01:15:30
Superfan - check out the new Internet Explorer Developer Centre @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/

Helios Rietberg - I like to look at AMD and Pentium as Pepsi and coke cola, both do they same but most people will always be Pepsi fans and never change.

I like AMD because you get more for your money, I have in my laptop the AMD 64 bit 3000 chip and it runs really nice.

Next time you buy a new computer, check out the price difference!

Helios Rietberg Posted - 20 Dec 2004 : 12:31:48
AMD? I've never tried it... all the computers that ever existed in my house were Pentiums. So what's so great about AMD?

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
custard555 Posted - 19 Dec 2004 : 19:47:17
I think it’s safe to say, what ever you feel more comfortable go for, but I must say, Keep your firewalls rules up to date, anti-virus and Windows update 2.

Also don’t for get to run Utilities like ad aware for nasty things like spy ware!

Back onto XP Superfan, also I think hardware plays an issue, some stuff just works better on 2000 then xp and some other things works better on XP, so it’s always going to hard to suggest which is better.

Now the question is AMD or Pentium ? (I Say AMD)

Helios Rietberg Posted - 17 Dec 2004 : 14:45:26
You both have a point. Still staying neutral, i'll have to think about this.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Superfan Posted - 17 Dec 2004 : 00:17:09
Well I (Just my opinion) wouldn't say go for SP2, if u want security then go for critical updates for IE,
I think SP2 was acctually made for Internet and it sounds more like an update for IE then Windows, Microsoft should work on those svchost processes if you'd ask me

but overall I think Win2000 SP4 eats XPSP 1 or 2
I've tested almost everything you'd think of, Rendering (Using 3Ds MAX 6.0sp1 & 7.0) and 2000 went better in both memory and speed,
CD Burning (Well XP acctually won this one by speed) Using both Nero 6.6 & Win On CD PW
booting up (No suprise,huh?)
CD Ripping (Using Winamp5.05 Pro)
Running Games (Try MGS2 it'll really show how much better 2000 is)

the only thing that really beats 2000 right now is WMP 10, and Office schemes
and at last I must add
Windows XP = Windows 2000 + Themes and extra uneeded (Some of it) junk

Did I mention how much better 2000 divides CPU usage (Try installing Office 2003 And watching a movie with XP And you'll know what I mean)
-----
All test were with a:
AMD 2.0 ghz Barton CPU
MSI geforce fx5200 128mb graphic card
256 Kingstone DDR RAM
Burner: 56x 24x 56x MSI Burner
DirectX: 9.0b

custard555 Posted - 16 Dec 2004 : 23:45:37
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

Weird.

Right, first, i have a legal version of WinXP. Secondly, i can't change it to Mac, cause i don't earn my own money yet.

I think i'll take your advice : No SP2 for me!

I’m sorry but I’m going to say, GO FOR SP2!
80 per cent of SP2 is security-related so if you’re a internet user then its a must.

memory leaks, TIS TASH TOSH, one thing you have to look at is, if SP2 was out then no one would have heard of W32/MyDoom. Things like improve buffer overflow protection improve firewall, more stable platform; pop up protection, attachment protection, patched critical vulnerabilities, improved wireless networking, and many more

If you can’t download from windows update then you could try downloading the whole file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

I hope you install SP2 and if you do then I would retry windows update again.

Isn’t it strange that Windows Users demand patches then don’t download them

Helios Rietberg Posted - 05 Sep 2004 : 13:04:01
Weird.

Right, first, i have a legal version of WinXP. Secondly, i can't change it to Mac, cause i don't earn my own money yet.

I think i'll take your advice : No SP2 for me!

Superfan Posted - 05 Sep 2004 : 12:23:08
Acctually I think PC > MAC
I mean PC has more programs & Variety...
and Windows 2000 is a very good version of Windows...Use that its great

I won't say anything...Judge this urself...
-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)
Meriadoc Posted - 05 Sep 2004 : 12:19:20
I can say one thing: get rid of that Microsoft thing an get a Mac. Much less trouble.
And yes: SP2 is not good. Don't bother downloading it.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Superfan Posted - 05 Sep 2004 : 12:08:57
First of all I'd recommend u NOT using SP2,
why, because there are soooo many memory leaks and ONLY internet explorer hgas been updated in a good way,
but anyways,
First of all the SP2 is only for users with a legal version of winXP (Microsoft had this sudden change before releasing SP2)

Anyways if U can't d/l it 100% then yea it may be spyware (Use Pestpatrol Its the best)

and if U get an error post it...then I'll research a bit,

And at last even if U dont get it dont think your missin somethin big....

---

I won't say anything...Judge this urself...
-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000