Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Off Topic
 Guitar

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lene-Robyn Posted - 04 Apr 2005 : 16:51:13
Hi, i just bought a guitar... Have no idea how it works But i heard it's very difficult. Oh dear, i have to practise a lot i think, but i hope that i can play lene's songs once...
Does anybody play guitar?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Helios Rietberg Posted - 08 Apr 2005 : 10:33:59
It'll certainly be playable as long as it's not warped or severely dented and out of shape. Only thing is that the strings might a little harder than usual. If you play it really often, the strings will slowly grow softer. Don't worry.

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
Lene-Robyn Posted - 07 Apr 2005 : 21:40:05
ow, i didn't know that, but then it's a western guitar. Is that possible? But i think it's not a good one, because he was very cheap (i don't say how much), and i don't know a lot about guitars. But i hope i can play a little bit on it.
Helios Rietberg Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 17:14:32
Lene-Robyn, a folk guitar is a different name for an acoustic guitar. Lene's songs, no problem. You really shouldn't worry about what guitar you bought, because even if you got an electric guitar, it could still work on Lene's songs... just it'd sound a bit loud, but otherwise, if the playing is clean and the notes are right, there'll be no problem to it.

Lene-Robyn Posted - 05 Apr 2005 : 22:01:02
I had no idea what kind of guitar i had bought, but now i know: it's a folk guitar. (First i thought it was a Spanish guitar, but he's got steel strings). does anybody know what kind of guitar lene has, and if a folk guitar is okay? Because i don't know if i can play her songs with this guitar...
Lene-Robyn Posted - 04 Apr 2005 : 21:03:48
thnx for the help! Yes, i've got an acoustic guitar... Well, i searched allready for things on the internet for beginners, but excualy, i didn't understand it.
I never played an instrument before... I thought guitar is very difficult. But i'll see. Tomorrow i'm going to the library, and got some books about it for beginners, maybe that'll help
Helios Rietberg Posted - 04 Apr 2005 : 18:11:05
A guitar is fairly easy to play, but you have to say which type you got first.

1. Acoustic (strumming, the kind that pop artists usually use... the strings are made of metal, and rather hard at first. They're normally six stringed, and are hard things!)
2. Classical (plucking, and generally quite a bit harder than the acoustic, although it's said that Lene uses it for her pop songs too... the strings are nylon. They generally look more feminine, and are mostly hand made. In PMG, it's heard very well)
3. Electric (you have to have an amplifier, and it's very heavy since it's a whole block of wood... moreover it's quite noisy, but heavenly if played well... the strings are the softest by far, and they have many different notches and configurations both on the guitar and the amplifier.)
4. Bass (it's only four stringed, and is very easy to play... you also need an amplifier, and the strings are soft, too)
5. And a couple of others, but i think that you'd probably have gotten either an acoustic or classical...

Actually, guitars are easy things once you've learnt the basics. If you're picking it up as a serious hobby, then i suggest you start learning notes (they're about the same for quite a few instruments, like the piano and the violin; have you learnt any instruments before this?). If it's only to play pop songs and look up tabs on the internet, you don't really need to learn the notes. Of course, the basic notes from Middle C to Higher C won't hurt.

I love music, and Lene's songs were the first songs i ever figured out on my piano. Her tabs, however, are pretty easy to get. I guess you know how to read tabs? If you don't, don't hesitate to ask : heliosleonidrietberg@gmail.com

There's a few very good guitar sites out there. My favourite is http://www.ultimate-guitar.com .
Lene's songs are simple to play, but lovely to hear. I'm sure you'll find it great when you start playing them well! Good luck!

AnanasTyrker Posted - 04 Apr 2005 : 17:44:44
I have a guitar, actually I got several
Im not very good at it though, I havent practised very much. I'll start play again so I can learn to play Lene's songs, and play them for friends and family

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000