Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  14:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marko from the lene.it staff- you say it is not my right to discuss what i want to discuss, thats outrageous. Have you never heard of freedom of speech?

This is a forum for fans of Lene's work to discuss Lene. That is what we did.

I think this is so pathetic that you have to threaten to close a topic for the simple fact that, oh my god, we're debating a current issue. We are not comitting an illegal act by talking about illegal things.

And Marko, Tefjons and Meriadoc, don't you dare tell me what I am. You don't have the first clue.
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  14:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're facing the same problem with some so called "fans" of Lene in the Italian forum and in the chat.
If you don't like these rules, you can go as one of them did.

I repeat it only one time again: no discussions on downloading Lene songs. And if someone has heard to the album, we don't want to know: therefore no comments on the songs before the release, please (a part from the 30 sec of the official site).
Whether you buy the album or not, it doesn't matter to us. But here, in this place, we don't want that Lene's interests are offended in every way.

And, by the way: first, how you can see, I didn't close the topic, I gave only a warning; second, I didn't mean you in particular, but all the people here. I attached you only for what you said about Lene, which wasn't really fair.

“I'll be right there, if you ask me to
If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you
And if you're scared, I'll hold your hand
Like I know you'd do for me too"
Lene Marlin Faces-AD

Edited by - Marko on 13 Sep 2003 14:46:05
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  15:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hayley

Marko from the lene.it staff- you say it is not my right to discuss what i want to discuss, thats outrageous. Have you never heard of freedom of speech?

You're not locked out from this forum, are you? Go ahead, and speak freely, but don't expect other people to accept your point of view. That's another freedom people sometimes have: the freedom to have another opinion.

quote:
This is a forum for fans of Lene's work to discuss Lene. That is what we did.

I think this is so pathetic that you have to threaten to close a topic for the simple fact that, oh my god, we're debating a current issue. We are not comitting an illegal act by talking about illegal things.

And Marko, Tefjons and Meriadoc, don't you dare tell me what I am. You don't have the first clue.

You take this much to personal. Indeed, we don't have a clue who you really are or in what situation you life. We just stated an opinion, which happen to be in conflict with yours. It won't stop me from expressing me opinion in the future. Otherwise this (and other) forums have no use.
Freedom of speech indeed, but not exclusive for you.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  16:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Meriadoc.

I can't remember stating *anything* about Hayley in particular. If he choses to take it personally, it's his prerogative. Perhaps he should relinquish posting on a *fan* forum (not a general debate forum) until he has understood some basic principles about such a forum.

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Go to Top of Page

memo
Fan

Norway
77 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  18:08:34  Show Profile  Visit memo's Homepage  Click to see memo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ehem...

quote:
As far as I'm concerned, music is there to be listened to. Whether people make money from it or not doesn't come into it.

You have no idea what you're talking about..this isn't about the artist not making money, it's about the record company loosing money they earlier made. That means they have to compensate, and only promote artists they KNOW they can make more money on...which means the world will be full of Britney Spears'.

quote:
My mates all make their own music and copy it onto other cds because they want people to hear what they have to say. Would you go up to someone and say, "I have an opinion, give me £10 and I'll tell you it."

Well, no offense, but your mates aren't worldwide known, and your mates doesnt require promotion for millions of dollars.
And if you dont want to hear someones oppinion, i suggsest you just dont listen, and dont pay the massive amount of 10 punds it costs you. And just the fact that you draw paralells to "expressing oppinions" and "creating music", show that you're really not a person who should express YOUR oppinions (not music) on this subject.

quote:
Lene Marlin has earned so much from her first album that she can live comfortably for the rest of her life. Whether she makes any money from this new album shouldn't really matter.
So the case is your jealous..ok..that's all you had to say. you're jealous..

And who are you to say "you have lots of money, it shouldnt matter if you make more. so i'll just download the album instead."
You need more experience in the real-world, dude. Just because people make much money, doesnt mean they dont deserve them, or that you can steal stuff from them.

quote:
And you reckon that because some people want to download her album so they can at least listen to what others are listening to, you think that that is stealing. What about when you're listening to songs on the radio? Isn't that stealing too, you're not paying for it are you.

- So, if you see a person owning two sportcars, you think it's in your right to take one of them? just because he has two?
And if you had any idea on what you're talking about, you'd know that the radio's pay massive amounts of money to be able to play their songs on the air. And the radio-stations gets money depending on how many listeners they have.
They are all dependant on eachother.

quote:
I would love to be able to have a computer that I could download loads of music onto, and I'm happy for people who can. Why do you have such a problem with it?

- Because it's stealing other peoples work. That's why.

quote:
If people want to download songs from the Internet that is entirely up to them. And you call them "pathetic". Well sorry but THAT is pathetic.

- If the case is that you cant afford 10 pounds for an excellent album, then i suggest you go get a job and make some money. it wouldnt ruin you then.

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!

Edited by - memo on 13 Sep 2003 18:13:01
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  23:07:56  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I kind of agree, although I have been known to download certain unavailable rare & live songs.

I mean - it's ok to say "Lene's already made her money", but that doesn't really make it right to download her new album. Would anybody here go to work for free, no matter how rich you were?

I'll continue to download stuff that I can't buy - but if anything I really want is avaulable in the shops or off the internet - I'll buy it and support the artist. Otherwise we'll be overcome by all these awful untalented popstars that are produced by record companies just to make a fast buck!

Thats just my opinion anyway.

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  10:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wan't to make it clear I was NOT suggesting that everyone should start downloading instead of buying records. I was simply trying to point out the fact that is not a good vs. evil kind of situation. With this said I'll respect the lene.it-staff wishes and stop talking about the subject.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000