Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  09:40:32  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lene is on 39th on the swedish chart this week. BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  12:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God thats horrible! Almost makes me ashamed of being swedish. Hope she'll do better in other places.

-----
I see all the faces, tears and embraces. Wish you could be here to see it too.
Go to Top of Page

fantaman
Fan

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2003 :  12:59:48  Show Profile  Visit fantaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
'You Weren't There' is at number 59 in the UK this week, but number 40 in the Scottish Chart!:) http://www.forthone.co.uk/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=ForthOne/Page/ScottishChart

Lene Marlin Fanbase http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lenemarlinfanbase
Go to Top of Page

Anders
Fan

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  19:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antoher Day is on the 26th place now on the top 40 sales list in Sweden!
Go to Top of Page

Freek
Fan

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  19:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the problem?
The value of her music is not determined by the number of sold records, isn't it?

For YOU and ME it is number one and nothing else should matter!

-Freek

Edited by - Freek on 03 Oct 2003 20:14:19
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  21:38:46  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It shouldn't matter. But what if she decides not to release any more material because of poor record sales, or if her record comapany think that having her on it's books isn't cost effective? These people can be very ruthless.

Record sales COULD mean everything.

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  22:04:26  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, you're right about that, Dazzy....

I'm thinking about you, Wondering about you
Do I really know you, Have I ever known you - Lene Marlin, "Fight Against The Hours"
Go to Top of Page

Freek
Fan

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  22:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
But what if she decides not to release any more material because of poor record sales

I don't think so. She didn't expect such a high number of sold records at the release of her first album and although it was such a success she took a break of four years. Virgin didn't fire her and Lene returned.
(Would she have returned, if she only sold 20'000 records? Well I guess..)
quote:
or if her record comapany think that having her on it's books isn't cost effective? These people can be very ruthless.

I think, Virgin knows very well, that Lene with her extraordinary pop style is not like Britney etc.
But with her voice, she will always find somebody to produce her songs. As long as she avoids to sing at a "superstars" casting show... ;)

Last but not least I read something about a song she sang that is supposed to be on the next album.
So I hope this wasn't a joke. ;)

P.S. I didn't see ANY advertisement for her new album yet. It seems to me that Virgin knows exactly that she is no mainstream star to earn a huge amount of cash.

Edited by - Freek on 03 Oct 2003 22:36:49
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  23:42:27  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't mis-understand me, I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway - Lene's single and album seem to be doing OK in many parts of Europe. I don't think Playing My Game really took off in the UK straight away either. Sitting Down Here was her 1st chart success, with Unforgivable Sinner being re-released a few months after it was 1st released. And everyone here bought the album after I told them how great it was! ;-)

Go to Top of Page

burney
Fan

Norway
11 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  20:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it's part of the plan to be a slow chartbreaker, I think I read about that in an interview with Norwegian Virgin director.

I also read that the French journalists thought her new album might be a bigger "hit" than her previous. She did very well in France last time. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Freek
Fan

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2003 :  23:33:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't you think that the release of "Maybe I'll Go" from her first album at christmas time would have been a big success? That's the most depressed song of her I think and people like such ballads at christmas. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  01:57:35  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It may have been a success. I don't think it's her most deperessing song though, I think tracks 4 and 10 of that album are sadder.

Maybe I'll Go is quite a sad song, but probably my 3rd favourite track off that album.

Just thought I'd mention that:-)

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2003 :  16:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though many of her songs are sad I don't think that they are depressing. They always seem hopeful somehow, which I like alot. When I fell sad I can always find comfort in Lenes music.

-----
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  12:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be very surprised if this album achieves the sales of PMG. Not because it's not a good album, but it's very difficult to sell an album without at least one big hit (PMG had two), and I don't hear any potential candidates on this album. "Another day" (the song) comes closest, but it's not the kind of song that gets you immediately hooked the way "Unforgivable sinner" did (with its extremely catchy guitar intro, for instance).

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  13:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geno

I will be very surprised if this album achieves the sales of PMG. Not because it's not a good album, but it's very difficult to sell an album without at least one big hit (PMG had two), and I don't hear any potential candidates on this album. "Another day" (the song) comes closest, but it's not the kind of song that gets you immediately hooked the way "Unforgivable sinner" did (with its extremely catchy guitar intro, for instance).

I don't agree! I think there are some songs with great hit-potential. I think Another Day would do very good, and I hope I'll be proven right. (my guess is that that will be her next single realese) Whatever It Takes and Sorry could also do very well I think.

And this time many already recognise her and she has a good base of loyal faans that weren't there when PMG was realesed.And she has more experience dealing with the media this time so she's better prepearded for the promotion.

Last but not least it is an incredible album ( O.K. that goes for PMG too) but I think this one has potential to reach a broader audince. Don't really know why, it's just a gut-fellning.

So just wait and see. It'l do great. I know I'm doing my best spreading the word of her talent anyway.

-----

Edited by - Tarnim on 06 Oct 2003 13:13:16
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2003 :  13:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think Another Day would do very good, and I hope I'll be proven right. (my guess is that that will be her next single realese)

It is likely to be the next single. From what I've heard, Virgin even considered AD as the first single, although they eventually landed on YWT (not sure if that was a good choice, because I think AD is a better song and also more representative of the album).

quote:
I know I'm doing my best spreading the word of her talent anyway

So am I, so am I...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000