Lene Marlin in the UK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antony James
Fan

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  10:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Antony James's Homepage  Send Antony James an AOL message  Click to see Antony James's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As one of Lene's biggest fans here in the UK, I was really disappointed at the lack of effort her record company made in promoting the album/single over here.

"You Weren't There" was true in many ways, as I couldn't find the single at all on the week it was supposedly released. Not in any of the major record shops. I only managed to find it in a small little shop a week after its release (a bargain 99p though!). No sign of the DVD single. :o(

The album was a "little" easier to track down, but still wasn't stocked in quite a few shops. And no sign what-so-ever of the DVD album (which is simply incredible btw). I had to buy that, as well as the DVD single, from Amazon.

It's no surprise to me at all that the single and album are nowhere to be seen in the charts here. There has been no promotion, they're not available in many places, and it's such a shame. After such a great selling first album, I can't believe they didn't put more effort into its release here. It's such an amazing album, and it's been treated with little respect it would seem.

Oh well, at least I managed to get hold of them all.

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  11:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right and you're a good fan having done everything to buy her material in other ways.
We all hope that Lene and her management will spend more time in Uk in the next months. It's a fundamental market.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene!
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  22:48:12  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, another UK fan. Thats 4 of us who've bought the album.

We're all a bit peed off at the lack of promotion my friend. I have to say though, unlike you - I did find both the CD and DVD versions of You Weren't There in both HMV and Virgin on it's day of release.

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

Pellissier
Fan

Italy
55 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  11:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really sad what you british guys are reporting hopely situation will get an improve in a short period. In the meanwhile congrats for having been able to manage a way to get Lene's stuff despite the adversities. Never give up!

Another day goes by - Will never know just wonder why
You made me feel good - Made me smile
Go to Top of Page

jebskulker
Fan

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  16:21:36  Show Profile  Send jebskulker an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
It's actually the same thing here in Australia.

I went searching around to several music shops in my area, and only one place said that they were stocking You Weren't There (which they said would be on sale this Monday) and knew nothing about whether the album would be on sale or not.

I gave up waiting long ago and ordered the album from the UK on the net.
Go to Top of Page

adamqaisar
Fan

United Kingdom
42 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  23:22:03  Show Profile  Visit adamqaisar's Homepage  Click to see adamqaisar's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's a same that other people here and in other places aren't able to hear Lene's simply gorgeous and stunning music, but if it's any conselation I've managed to convince a friend to get the Album. He got it today and is now buying PMG!

Edited by - adamqaisar on 12 Oct 2003 09:55:11
Go to Top of Page

Pellissier
Fan

Italy
55 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  11:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adamqaisar
but if it's any conselation I've managed to convince a friend to get the Album. He got it today and is now buying PMG!

Good, and I did manage a way to have an american friend buying Playing My Game as well That's it, let's spam Lene Marlin's art all around the world !!

Another day goes by - Will never know just wonder why
You made me feel good - Made me smile

Edited by - Pellissier on 12 Oct 2003 11:40:09
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  23:08:38  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats great work! What annoyed me when I got Playing My Game is that I let a few people listen to it, they all said "oh yeah - thats great - I'm gonna buy that!"

And buy it they did - off a guy who downloaded it off the internet!!

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000