Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John P.
Fan

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  19:38:04  Show Profile  Visit John P.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
-When something happens in the world now, where do you go to find out?

Probably the web, right?

If you want to check out this new movie that's coming up, or the new album by an artist, or what ever it is - you will probably be going to the web to find the website of said artist/movie/whatever.

Lene's album has been out a while already, plus she's had Playing My Game out for ages, and they still haven't managed to put together an official site??

To me it doesn't seem like she has the backing she deserves, or that she had last time.

Even I could have made a site for her - I mean, professionals should be able to make a great site within a week!

So what's the delay?

I've been searching the web myself, and of the few living websites I found, this one is the most visited it seems.

That's why I chose to register here.

But I'm sure there are some potential customers/fans out there who have visited the official site, seen that it hasn't opened, and decided to put Lene on hold.

In my opinion - in this day and age, when people's attention span is that of a goldfish, you need to hit them right away, and hit them hard, with media coverage and promotion I mean - as soon as you have the product ready for sale.

-And that includes an official site...

Or else people will just forget.

Let's hope things will pick up for Lene. But to be honest I have my doubts - at least at this rate of promotion.

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  22:45:34  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The official site will, most probably, be up sometime soon, but it's hard to tell when.

In the meantime, there's this place (lene.it), and lene-marlin.no (see below), and also LeneZone (search for it on this forum), these sites assembled should give you everything you'd possibly want about Lene, and then some.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no

Edited by - Tef Johs on 21 Oct 2003 22:46:18
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  13:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, John, but this site is official since 19.09.03
So, even if it's not the official site from Norway or UK, it gives you many news perhaps the other official site wouldn't give you. And we're daily update.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

fantaman
Fan

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2003 :  22:03:28  Show Profile  Visit fantaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frequent updates at the Lene Marlin Fanbase too!

Lene Marlin Fanbase http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lenemarlinfanbase
Go to Top of Page

Violet sky
Fan

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  13:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are the official site... at least until lenemarlin.com takes over, or something...

_________

In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  16:15:55  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lene.it is the offical *Italian* site...right?

The EMI Virgin controlled lenemarlin.com will surely be the worldwide official site.

Let's hope they'll be up and running soon, because they would probably have a lot of unreleased Lene material to offer, that none of us have any chance obtaining otherwise (other than perhaps to bug the record company for weeks :)).

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  17:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope it'll be better this time. In my opinion lenemarlin.com was one of the lamest lene-sites. The never uptadet it and the things that was already on it wasn't that great either. But they'll hopefully improve now when she's back.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Violet sky
Fan

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  22:34:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tef: we are the official italian site, but unless something better comes up I think we probably are the international Lene site, too... I've seen many times the sentence "Taken from lene.it", so I assume even people from other countries look at us for news.
The only real contender is lene-marlin.no...

_________

In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2003 :  23:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right, lots of websites "steal" not only the news from lene.it, but they do it word-by-word, which I find strange sometimes... :)

But, hey, I've seen lene-marlin.no's words and pictures scattered about as well, usually without mentioning of the original source. Hmmmm....

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2003 :  10:02:57  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and I've seen Lene Zone stuff without orginal source....

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

fantaman
Fan

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2003 :  13:09:10  Show Profile  Visit fantaman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ditto for Lene Marlin Fanbase...

Lene Marlin Fanbase http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lenemarlinfanbase
Go to Top of Page

Jude
Fan

China
8 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2003 :  16:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is the lene's chinese websitehttp://www.pilotvalley.org/pocketpc/lene/
Go to Top of Page

John P.
Fan

Norway
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2003 :  21:55:31  Show Profile  Visit John P.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes by saying there wasn't an official website yet; I didn't know this one had the official stamp on it.

But my point was that lenemarlin.com would be run by/supported by the record company(or am I wrong in thinking this?).
And when the official site by the record company isn't up several weeks after the release of the artist's album, that shows a lack of faith/belief in the artist, and lack of promotion IMO.

Personally I would of course, in case I found some artist I hadn't heard about, search for the name of the artist on the web, and I would check out all sites, official or not. But I would find it a bit strange that the artist's official worldwide site wasn't even open for 'business'.

Not that that would change my mind about the artist if I liked the music of course.

But it would feel a bit weird and unprofessional.
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  12:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right John, but we all hope things will soon change and Lene will promote her album (perhaps this month or next?) also in Uk as it should be done.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  15:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we will see some changes when AD is realesed as a single. I think it will have bigger sucsess than YWT, and I think the idea has been to slow-start her omeback a bit. I alwasy belived that YWT haven't had that much hit-potential (even though it's a great song!), especily compared to AD. I think that the idea was to kinda test the response for Lene on the market before they released her "secret wepon"- the single AD. But that's just be speculating...
But I agree that the (other) official site should be running by now.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"

Edited by - Tarnim on 08 Nov 2003 15:27:11
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2003 :  17:01:22  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Take the time to view the single cover images on lene-marlin.no today :)

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000