Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

samira
Fan

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  00:37:23  Show Profile  Visit samira's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this song is really cool but i cant figure out what its about. is there supposed to be a man who killed his girlfriend or wife or something? cos then why does lene sound sympathetic to him sometimes in the song? i hear its used in a film, is it based on that? thanks!

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  10:38:45  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well Lene never tells what her songs are about so It's hard to know but I personally don't think it's about a guy that killed his girlfriend, but who knows?

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  11:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well personly I don't think it's about a murder, but maybe about making choises that can have horrible effects and having to live with that. I try not to over-analyce it, it's not easy to figure out the exact meaning and it's really not important. The only one who knows for sure is Lene and thats how it should be, right?

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Ive lost my mind
Fan

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2003 :  18:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always had a vision in my head, that this song is about a man who had hurt a girlfriend, by having an affair or something like that - some kind of 'unforgivable sin' , and the guilt he feels for this is driving him crazy.
Go to Top of Page

staalorm
Fan

Norway
32 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  00:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.

If we go by the original idea for the song that inspired Lene, it would seem that the story is about a young man that has an accident with his car and accidentially kills his girlfriend in the passenger-seat, later being sentenced to prison because everybody thinks he is a killer thus making him a unforgivable sinner..

Ciao
Staalorm
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  22:06:19  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No no no no no

no no nooooooooo

nooooo

I don't like that!! That's not what the song says to me at all!!

Lene would never write about such an ugly incident...

....would she??

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

samira
Fan

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2003 :  01:00:08  Show Profile  Visit samira's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ye the one about the accident does seem most likely. 'you know where youve sent her' 'now shes up there' seems she must be dead, no? thanks for clearing that one up for me!
Go to Top of Page

staalorm
Fan

Norway
32 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2003 :  02:40:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dazzy.

For your comfort (I hope) I could very well be wrong on my guessing the meaning of U.S. This is because Lene was (I think) simply inspired by a song that had a certain mood attached to it. That song deals with an accident but she might very well have visioned something very different when composing her own lyrics. She also says that the true meaning of the song is for you and everybody else to imagine, making every story as true as the other.

As for themes and painful text in her songs, since she is our Angel in proxy I personally find it natural and beautiful that she also writes about loss, life and death as a part of her and our lives.
Don't you agree?

Happy Christmas & new year
Staalorm
Go to Top of Page

samira
Fan

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2003 :  23:41:24  Show Profile  Visit samira's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's not that surprising!! She has already written a song about a (presumably) slow death (A Place Nearby) and suicide (Story). what i dont get is why she lets people think her surname is marlin. its all very confusing.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  01:47:23  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marlin is an artist name.

Much easier to remember, use, and pronounce than her whole name.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2003 :  15:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why did you post here, Tef?
Anyway, I don't think it's an artist name (the guy in chat said: "as an effective artist name"), otherwise she would have told us why she called herself just Marlin and not said things such "Marlin is a fish, the name of a hotel, a traveling agancy, and a boat I've observed"
Perhaps Marlin is a family name to distinguish Lene Pedersen from other homonymous who live in Tromso. But we still don't know the origin of "Marlin"

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

VampirePrincessJem
Fan

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  02:37:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the song is about a man who feels responsible for something that has happen in a girl very close in his life i.e: sister, cousin, friend. Hewas young at the time and she was younger than him. I'm kinda basing this on Lene's second 'Unforgivable Sinner' video. I do think it's about death in someway with the lyrics but it could be a metaphor for something.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2004 :  18:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I should have said:

Lene Marlin is an artist name, it's easier than adding "Pedersen" at the end.

No, Marlin is not the family name, Pedersen is. Marlin is just a middle name, but in choosing her "artist name", Lene chose to not use the last (family) name.

Lene Marlin Pedersen is her Christian name, making Pedersen (the surname) the family name. It's as simple as that, really :)

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  19:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But it's obvious that Lene Marlin is her artist name and Pedersen her surname or family name (Lene Marlin sounds better than Lene Pedersen to be known around the world).
What we're wondering is what Marlin is: a second name, a second surname, an invented name (don't think), a sort of family name taken from past generations.

Anyway, we should continue on the other thread, this one is for US.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 04 Jan 2004 19:07:00
Go to Top of Page

mka
Fan

Finland
10 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2004 :  22:56:45  Show Profile  Visit mka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko
What we're wondering is what Marlin is: a second name, a second surname, an invented name (don't think), a sort of family name taken from past generations.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...what is so difficult to comprehend here?? It's her name! The name her parents gave her, the name that is printed on her passport.

Just as a comparison I'll pick a name everyone recognizes: George W Bush. I don't know what the W stands for, but it's a second name just as in Lene M Pedersen. You see, not very difficult?

Thank god I'm not a pop star, I would never understand fans this obsessed. ;)

-m
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2004 :  17:05:17  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If Lene indeed is of 'Kven' heritage, it might be that 'Marlin' could come from there, but I simply don't know.

It's not "invented", in the sense that she made it up for her career, that's for sure (she was baptized Lene Marlin Pedersen = Christian name).

Ah...I agree with Mikka, this is getting a bit tiresome (and even in the wrong thread, sorry about that, Marko)

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000