Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  00:15:31  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm seeing this thing at lene-marlin.no
That says "Where Are U Lene"
Its been some time now...Whats going on?
Does anyone have any news about this?
---

The understandable beauty of all elements gatherd in one...Lene Marlin

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  00:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, there's this short piece of news over at lene-marlin.no, taken from Norw. newspaper VG, where Gyro Leira at EMI Virgin Norway is asked about Lene's whereabouts. She says she doesn't know.

I don't like this.
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  00:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or she, don't know what gender Gyro is. Weird name.

Btw, welcome to you Superfan, good to have some iranians here.
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  07:40:51  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This doesn't sound like very good news to me. We'd better cross our fingers and pray that she decides to return -- and soon.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 23 Jul 2004 07:45:12
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  09:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a story in today's VG, the paper edition, about Lene's fans missing her, in her apparent newly chosen absence, taking lene-marlin.no's question of Where are you Lene? as the basis for the article! More important than the reference to our humble site, the article confirms that Gyro Leira of EMI Virgin Norway really does not know about any plans of neither recordings nor promotion for Lene this upcoming autumn. This is another sign that we really need to be crossing our fingers.

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

Little Lene
Fan

Norway
159 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  09:34:52  Show Profile  Visit Little Lene's Homepage  Click to see Little Lene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi....yeah..okey I know you're all is worried....but...I saw a place that Lene possibly doing some thoughts with her turne...because you all know that the tuurne has not been cancelled but postponed..
And Lene has just released the single sorry...
She said in interviews that she knows more about the job now, and that she doesen't will be ready 24 hours...in the ( døgnet..dere norske kan forklare hva det er på engelsk fikk hjerneteppe:P]...and is therfore normal that she can be on a holiday or write songs or....she can do things [selvom] the press not know actually what she does in every time...I don't think this is something to be worried about...[selvom igjen..] I'm little worried inside...maybe it comes some news when she has her 24th birthday,...

well..i hope you all undersdand...but then have a good day..
Everything will be okay

All the; Nice, mystic, beauty, lovely, happy, good, great, best....is connected..all at once..in only one's brain, spirit, person....and this person is.......Lene Marlin!
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  17:42:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe she need some rest again for the later album...

Or

she want to study or do something she want for a while, like Marit larsen.

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  21:44:44  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She'll be ok. She seems a bit reclusive anyway. Not the kind of popstar who's photographed coming out of nightclubs - and she's never in the papers bad mouthing other artist or in glossy mens magazines wearing hardly any clothes.

She makes an album - sells it - then tries to get on with her life as best she can without media attention.

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  23:20:57  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dazzy: I know that...I think we all know...but this is getting to far...
I hope Marcustro is right...[His 2nd Post]
But I just have this bad feeling...I hope she starts again
Lets cross our fingers anyway...

---

The understandable beauty of all elements gatherd in one...Lene Marlin
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  06:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But she need some rest for making another great album in the future.

Don't be so pessimistic!

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  09:19:16  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah, i suppose we should be more optimistic. Perhaps she went for a holiday with her family! Just like some of the members too. I really hope she's fine.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  12:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A colleague of mine who's a musican claims to have seen Lene some time ago in London entering a recordstudio. But I'm not convinced that the person he saw was in fact Lene.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright

Edited by - Meriadoc on 24 Jul 2004 12:42:44
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2004 :  22:56:55  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guees everything will be fine,
Now that I really think of it...this is probably because of Lene personality,
Like Dazzy Says:
She'll be ok. She seems a bit reclusive anyway. Not the kind of popstar who's photographed coming out of nightclubs - and she's never in the papers bad mouthing other artist or in glossy mens magazines wearing hardly any clothes.

---

[marquee]The understandable beauty of all elements gatherd in one...Lene Marlin[/marquee]
Go to Top of Page

Luke
Fan

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  18:31:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand this kind of mood, but I'm still optimistic and I think we don't have to be too much worried. After all, we waited for more than three years for this second album, so I guess this some-months absence is a little thing compared to the past.
I quote these Lene's words from an interview released in early August 2003 that, according to me, explain the kind of work she's doing with AD in a perfect way and maybe they can shed some light on the situation we're living:

About her come back to the scenes:
Still, you jumped into all of this again?
"Maybe it’s naive to think, but I think about the joy in music, and I want so bad to make it. And maybe it’s naive to think that “ok, I can do this again, and I’ll just go for it in a bit different way this time. Abit more fun, a little more careful with the tempo, and not from place to place all the time. That I can do things in a longer period of time"

And referred to AD promotion:
"This time – independent of what’s happening, if I flop, whatever – I’m going to try to have fun with it all. And take breaks now and then."

This is the way she likes to manage her whole life and she's doing it exactly that way. I think she's rightly taking her time. So, let's hope for the best, to have some news very soon and keep our fingers crossed!

And about Lene's personality, I agree with Dazzy, yeah, Lene is really that way!

Luke

"I should have seen it would be this way
I should have known from the start what she's up to
when you've loved and you've lost someone
you know what it feels like to lose"

Edited by - Luke on 25 Jul 2004 18:38:41
Go to Top of Page

Ive lost my mind
Fan

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  19:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the main thing is that she's ok. I don't mind gaps like this so much if she's taking a break for the good of herself etc.

Although - it would be nice to know a little more of whats going on. I'm quite appaled at the state of the offical information side of things. Surely it's not much trouble for Virgin/EMI to put *something* on the offical website, or contact fan sites, just to let us know?

Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  20:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know we never going to hear anything from Lene's private life and there's no need for that. But a little news now and than would be good. Things that concern her carreer like when she's promoting her CD and where, or when she's on a (short) holiday or something. Letting us in the dark isn't good. It gives room for speculation and gossip. Apparently it's not something she learned from her previous CD.
Some people have given up on Lene just because she seems to ignore most of her fans. Her only real appearences were in Italy and a short concert in Norway.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: