Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  19:34:34  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, maybe this "considering" is really just guessing. I don't think she'd just stop promoting AD like that... how many times has she played live since AD? Not many, i should think.

I'm not sure about this, but i don't think she's exactly promoted much in Europe? Europe's probably her target, so if she's hardly even spent any time on promoting there, how can she end it? Unless, of course, she has no intentions of promoting her CD whatsoever.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  20:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what Virgin Italy told the Italian fan club, that the promotion of AD was finished.

quote:
I'm not sure about this, but i don't think she's exactly promoted much in Europe? Europe's probably her target, so if she's hardly even spent any time on promoting there, how can she end it?

Apart from Norway and Italy, she's done a little promotion in France and the odd appearance in other European countries like Sweden and Germany. As far I know, she hasn't done any promotion in the UK, where she sold 250 000 albums last time around.

quote:
Unless, of course, she has no intentions of promoting her CD whatsoever

Maybe they were disappointed by the sales (About 300 000, compared to PMG's 1.8 million) and decided to just write this album off.
Or maybe Lene just doesn't care. She doesn't exactly seem to be craving for a celebrity status, which I'm sure is fine for her, and for her fans too, but maybe her record company would like it otherwise.

Whatever, most important thing is that she's happy, and to continues to make fantastic music.
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  07:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geno

Whatever, most important thing is that she's happy, and to continues to make fantastic music.

My sentiments, exactly. Lene Marlin, forever.

Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  10:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geno, I think that news is exact 'cos her third single was released in June and she's on holiday now. Then she did promotion in Germany (we have 2 wonderful live-videos from that country and I thank once again German fans who did share them with us).
Only from UK we didn't receive concrete news; that's why I asked more than 1 time English fans to help us. But we can't exclude that she did a live also there. She was in Tv also in other countries like Spain and Switzerland (if I remember well) where she was some time in charts. And who knows in which other countries... Even from the times of PMG we don't know everything: if fans from "minor" countries don't tell us, we will never know about some appearances.
Last but not least, there's still a great regarding promotion in China. She must have been there.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 14 Aug 2004 10:59:08
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  11:56:31  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

Last but not least, there's still a great regarding promotion in China.

Maybe the members from China in this forum could speak up? They must at least know of her promotion there, if not having gone to her concert, being her fans.

Go to Top of Page

Ive lost my mind
Fan

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  20:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She did not do any promotion in the UK at all.

There was only a little tv ad where it had a bit of an interview of her, and some dvd clips, and that was about a year ago exactly.

The AD single was scheduled for release here, but has seemed to have never materialised. Amazon.co.uk have it on their list, but it says it has not yet been released.
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  20:37:50  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She did some promotion in Spain too (if I'm not mistaken). Here in Belgium, she was only one day and she didn't do a lot of promotion (according to the little information I have).
I have tried to get her more on the radio (still trying) , but I didn't really succeed.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright

Edited by - Meriadoc on 14 Aug 2004 20:39:57
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  06:54:42  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
According to one of my friends in China, she hasn't done any promotion there. I'm not too sure about Korea and Japan, but she definitely hasn't come to South-East Asia. That'll really be the day...

Yes, i support your efforts, Meriadoc! Perhaps i should try calling my radio station in to play her songs too...

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  14:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you people.
Only Lene's management or Virgin Norway could give us more infos, but it's useless ask them now.

Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2004 :  20:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

Thank you people.
Only Lene's management or Virgin Norway could give us more infos, but it's useless ask them now.

I've been considering to constact Virgin Belgium as a representative of this fan-club, but I'm not sure if I have the right to do so.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  11:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could, sure, why not?
Who knows if they know something more, but I have little hopes.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000