Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  17:08:50  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can live with rules and only one looks a bit odd to me. Wich doesn't mean I want trie to break this rule asap. I'm talking about this:
"Avoid to post the same topic in more forums (crossposting). Avoid to report about the opening of one topic in the other forums."
Why can't a topic not be repaeted in other Lene forums? There will always be somebody who doesn't visit all Lene forums and who can have an insight in the topic that's unique and diferent from the opinions the visitors here have. Imho off course.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  18:00:15  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think, Meriadoc, that sentence means that, for example :

I opened a topic in the "Off Topic" forum called "Other Artists".

I think this rule means that i shouldn't open another topic called "Other Artists" in the "Fans", "Lene Marlin" or "Test Forum", not that i shouldn't post the same topic "Other Artists" in other Lene forums like mbuzz.com or something.

Do you get it? We can't post the same topic in a different forum on the same fan-club, but you can post the same topic in a different fan-club. Hope you get my point.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

The path of access leads to the Tower of Wisdom.

I just want you to know who i am...

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  18:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new rule topic is the first locked I've seen on these forums I think. That must be a pretty good sign of our capability to follow normal internet etiquet.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

DarKlaus

Italy
42 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  19:36:58  Show Profile  Visit DarKlaus's Homepage  Click to see DarKlaus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Of course Helios Rietberg said right.
I'm sorry if something will change for you, expecially about your signatures, but we have these rules in our italian forum and we thought it was right to have them here too to give the same clear aspect to the international forum. I hope everyone will follow these rules without any problem.

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
But now I have some clarity
to show you what I mean
I don't know how I got this way
I'll never be alright
So, I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit
I’m breaking the habit tonight

Linkin park - Breaking the habit
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  02:42:29  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
We can't post the same topic in a different forum on the same fan-club, but you can post the same topic in a different fan-club. Hope you get my point.

In that case Zuzzy broke the rule right
(Its just a little joke don't take it hard...)

I won't say anything...Judge this urself...
-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  07:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

I think, Meriadoc, that sentence means that, for example :

I opened a topic in the "Off Topic" forum called "Other Artists".

I think this rule means that i shouldn't open another topic called "Other Artists" in the "Fans", "Lene Marlin" or "Test Forum", not that i shouldn't post the same topic "Other Artists" in other Lene forums like mbuzz.com or something.

Do you get it? We can't post the same topic in a different forum on the same fan-club, but you can post the same topic in a different fan-club. Hope you get my point.

Yes, I understand. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  12:07:57  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So, staff of Lene.it International Forum, is my signature alright?

The path of access leads to the Tower of Wisdom.

I just want you to know who i am...

Go to Top of Page

DarKlaus

Italy
42 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  16:27:05  Show Profile  Visit DarKlaus's Homepage  Click to see DarKlaus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We'll control all of your signatures in these days and we'll tell you if they're right or not.
Give us just some time (we're all back now from our holidays).
Anyway Helios I can tell you that your sign is ok about width but not about weight (and I think not even in height but I have to discuss something with Zuzzy about it and Ill let you know). We added physical restrictions to signature dimensions yesterday.

13. Users' signatures cannot be too large. The maximum width and weight for the whole signature (it can be composed by both images and text) is: 650x200 pixels. Maximum weight for images is 20kb.

Your sign is a lot over 20 kb and you should compress it.
I invite all of you to check soon by yourself if your sign is ok to help us in our "job".
Thank you for your understanding and sorry for this little but necessary changes (and their temporary problems).

Or why I have to scream
to show you what I mean
I'll never be alright
I'm breaking the habit

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  17:47:34  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right. For the moment i've scrapped it. I look better now?

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  00:04:39  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Helios your pic is 5008200...and about 75kb...

and for the lene.it staff:
I was wondering how can a pic with 650*200 be 20kb without losing major quality?
I mean JPEG standard is the smallest format right?
if there's a specific standard please let me know about it.
thanx

-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)
Go to Top of Page

DarKlaus

Italy
42 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  18:42:38  Show Profile  Visit DarKlaus's Homepage  Click to see DarKlaus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well... I try to explain.

Italian forum:13. Evitate signature troppo ingombranti. I limiti sono:
- Una o più immagini ( lunghezza max 500 pixel - altezza max 200 pixel - dimensione max 20kb) + 2 righe di testo grandezza standard OPPURE
- 5 righe di testo senza immagini grandezza standard
Lo staff vi avvertirà se la vostra signature non rientra nei limiti, chiedendovi di modificarla.

International forum:13. Users' signatures cannot be too large. The maximum width and weight for the whole signature (it can be composed by both images and text) is: 650x200 pixels. Maximum weight for images is 20kb.

As you can see from numbers, rules are a little different. We have a maximum of 500 pixel instead of your 650. But our restriction on pixels is only about pictures, while yours is iclusive of text too. Then in Italian forum, signatures are allowed only of 2 text lines under our picture (if we put our text to the left or to the right, we can't exceed that limit of 2 lines anyway). As I said 650x200x20kb is inclusive of everything. For example Helios Rietberg's sign exceeded in height as he had 2 text line above his picture already 200 pixels high. But in this way I've got some problems to control your signatures here so I should ask Zuzzy to separate pictures and text restrictions in this forum too.
So about superfan, I can tell yout that about our italian rules, 20kb for 500x200 allow a good quality anyway in jpeg's files. If you enlarge your picture to 650, quality should get worse, but of course quality compression depends not only on dimensions but on colors in the image too. So you could have good or bad pictures with the same size and compression. Then, as I said before, your 650 pixels should be inclusive of lateral text too. That doesn't mean that you can't have a 650 pixels large picture but think that 650x200 is a very large ratio and I usually don't see images like that on the web. In our forum people even said that 200 pixel high is too short for a 500 pixels picture. It means that image is too large for them and for you it should bee larger too.
I hope I made myself understood but if I didn't, let me know (I'll look for some help in translation). If you have other questions or proposals, please tell.

Or why I have to scream
to show you what I mean
I'll never be alright
I'm breaking the habit

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  01:06:03  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes you've explaind it very clear,
I understand now, thanks

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  07:49:23  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right... so i'll just screw my pics, at least for a couple of days.

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  08:20:33  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right now, i'm back. Thanks Superfan .

Is this alright?

Go to Top of Page

DarKlaus

Italy
42 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  12:20:47  Show Profile  Visit DarKlaus's Homepage  Click to see DarKlaus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's Perfect!!!
Anyway I think 13th rule will be changed to have it as in italian forum (but don't worry Helios Rietberg, you'll be ok and you'll be able to have your old text too like before).
Sorry again for this little problems and misunderstadings.

Or why I have to scream
to show you what I mean
I'll never be alright
I'm breaking the habit

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  16:50:31  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh thanks a bunch, DarKlaus! (and of course Superfan) I was actually going to ask you earlier whether i could add more words, but my DSL line was down. So... i'm zooming off!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000