Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Stepsister of wonderland
Fan

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  13:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listen to voice of america :

I'll go through it point by point shredding it for you if you want, but for now i'll just point out a couple of things...
Blair is friend of Bush. They're always working together. Blair does what Bush tells and always agrees with his ideas and do you think they are the best thing that happened to our countries(I mean world)in 8 years ?In the two years since certain terrorists attacked the US (which was a surprise, US intelligence knew to a certain degree it would happen) Bush has invaded two sovereign countries without legitimate justification to remove two dictatorships the US established just a few years ago. There is still fighting in Afghanistan, it is not liberated. We haven't to cacth Osama, we haven't to crip al-quaida, but we have : alienated the middle-east even furthur, caused international uproar for invading iraq based on false intelligence (i dare say US government LIED to you), created a civil war in iraq and furthur stirred up anti-western islamic feeling, sanctioned abuse of iraqi, broken the Geneva convention on human rights on numerous accounts, caused both the British and US public to lose even more faith in the established order, failed to find weapons of mass destruction, failed to gain a shred of support in the international community, bombed a few weddings, spent billions of dollars on an illegitamate war, left the middle-east in even more of a mess than it was before, and set a DANGEROUS precident of pre-emptive, unilateral attack. and then what Blair and Bush gave to us after this all ?successful foreign policy?! nope. popularity in the US? economic policy!? hell no. what have they done that's so good? or does it just come down to the fact that they're fundamentalist christians. (thats a valid reason aswell i guess...) because from my perspective.. (and no offence meant).. he S(tut!)CK.

----------
O'ye, my infidels who's closed to new ideas. If you don't believe somebody could get miracle for self-defence, come to my place or training center, I'll show you so you can take an ass-kicking like a man instead of being a little puss or chikenhearted guy with ***. You must be a *** idiot when you say it's not possible. If you think so why do you say have a little faith ? Don't you know it's against yourself ? also I hate the way you underestimate my miracle by saying it's morbid, nonsense or doesn't make any sense! Anyway, prepare to fight and see you in the battle arena. You can bring as much friends as you like. I'm not afraid at all. It'd be cool to watch, me against you and your friends. Have a nice traffic accident.!

Edited by - Marko on 17 Nov 2004 17:55:12
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  14:04:04  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
First of all, hello, Stepsister of Wonderland. Innovative name you have there.

I totally agree with your opinions. Blair just sticks behind Bush's anus and is just Bush's cat's paw. And Bush? A terrorist within America. Pity the citizens don't understand that they're just promoting terrorism. What a failure.

By the way, i suggest you screen your signature... i don't think that the moderator will be very pleased with some of the words used in there.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  18:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi stepsister.
First of all you wrote in the wrong topic. You had to go here
Second point: why don't people understand there are things they can't write in a forum, especially if it's an official one and more especially if it's a Lene Marlin forum!!
I say it again for everyone: it means desrespect to the other guys who take part in the forum and don't use such terms (if everyone should use them this would be a piggery) and also to the work of a moderator.

After this, Welcome to these Forums, and please read carefully the Rules.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  18:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
In the two years since certain terrorists attacked the US Bush has invaded two sovereign countries without legitimate justification...

True. Of course, one might add that Afghanistan was a fascist theocracy where one half of the population (the women) had as much worth as cattle, and that Saddam used his "sovereignity" to use poison gas and commit genocide against his own people, but why bother with details?

quote:
...to remove two dictatorships the US established just a few years ago.

Could you explain to me when and how the US "established" dictatorship in Iraq?

quote:
There is still fighting in Afghanistan, it is not liberated.

You cannot establish a flourishing democracy in a country like Afghanistan overnight.The question to ask is: are Afghans better or worse off without the Taliban regime? What do you think?

quote:
i dare say US government LIED to you

Really? This must be the 1st time in human history that a government lies to its people! I'm shocked.

quote:
we have created a civil war in iraq

Yes, because before the evil Americans came, Iraq was a haven of peace where children spent all day playing with kites (Thanks Michael Moore for giving us the true story about Iraq under Saddam.)

quote:
caused both the British and US public to lose even more faith in the established order

Indeed, but I rather thought people of your political persuasion would consider that a good thing?

quote:
and then what Blair and Bush gave to us after this all ?successful foreign policy?!

1 million Iraqis have been able to return to their homeland after the fall of Saddam. But of course you're right, it would be pointless to use that as a measure of success. The point of any sensible foreign policy (like that of Spain post Madrid) is to get the terrorists to like you. In that we have failed. However, I see some reason for hope here. Remember that Yasser Arafat too was considered a terrorist some 30-40 years ago, but he went on to shake hands with American presidents and he is now hailed as a great champion of peace and justice and his funeral is attended by European heads of state. Maybe we will eventually realise what splendid chaps Osama and Saddam are too. Then this stupid idea about fighting terrorism will be consigned to be dustbin of history.
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  20:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ask again to go to the appropriate topic, otherwise I'll have to close this one (and it would be very sad)
And please respect always point 2 of the Rules in your posts:
2. Respect other members, tastes, ideas, races and religions. Avoid personal discussion, brawls ("flame") and opinion wars. If you have any problem with anyone tell about it to moderators or solve it in a private way. Direct or indirect insults are not allowed in any way

Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  16:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you're right it's OT, I just couldnt help myself.
Btw Marko, where in the post above do I offend anyone's race or religion or sexuality or shoe size? I thought one of the points of a discussion on politics is to bring out different points of view (and I think mine are fairly moderate).

As for the concert in Tromsų: do you know for sure that Bono has met Lene? I mean, he's been in the business for 25 years and has been to hundreds of events like that, we cant expect him to remember Lene just because they attended the same event.

No I have no idea how to contact him. Like you said Mike Hedges is the only link I can think of.
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  22:37:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Btw Marko, where in the post above do I offend anyone's race or religion or sexuality or shoe size?

I reportend the whole point 2. Obviously the part referring to you, Stepsister and others was only "Avoid personal discussion, brawls ("flame") and opinion wars." I said it only preliminarily. You have full right to answer expressing your point of view, but you know how easy brokes out a war of opinion on such arguments.

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  20:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's another article about the concert in Tromso? What does it say, please? --> http://www.nordlys.no/kultur/article1384278.ece

Will the concert still be held? I've known that there will be another one in South Africa in March, so the one in Tromso in summer would be too close, I think.

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  17:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, someone who translates this? I'm very happy about this news and hope Lene will follow soon

http://www.bladet-tromso.no/kultur/musikk/article19022.ece

Between this world and eternity
There is a face you hope to see...
What if all I want is you?

Go to Top of Page

Daniel
Fan

Germany
103 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  19:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Report Bono Tromsų-ready
by Per-Christian Johansen

American media report that Bono and Will Smith were ready for the Mandela concert in Tromsų on June 11th.

VG Nett caught the following announcement about this topic:

"Nelson Mandela, along with Bono and Will Smith will be present at the concert for the benefit of the AIDS issue in Norway on June 11th, the World Entertainment News Network (WENN) is writing, according to the website SouthForida.com.

The irish rocker Bono has been a supporter for Mandela's HIV work during many years. So has Will Smith, an american Hollywood hero and musician.

However, so far nothing has been confirmed.

- "Where did you hear they were coming?", Magne Amundsen, manager of the Mandela concert, asks VG Nett.

- I cannot confirm the statements, but not deny them either, he adds."

[Picture]
"Bono ought to be ready for a Tromsų tour on June 11th, between two U2 concerts."
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  10:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, on June 11th they don't have any tour date

Thank you very much, Daniel!

Between this world and eternity
There is a face you hope to see...
What if all I want is you?

Go to Top of Page