Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  08:38:38  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome, The Girl Next Door.

You made a short but brilliant essay. I'm stumped. Simply brilliant.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Go to Top of Page

the girl next door
Fan

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  12:44:28  Show Profile  Send the girl next door a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome, Pegasus and Helios

To Pegasus: I know what you mean when you say that we have to keep dealing with it. Like many fans, I'm sure, I was really frustrated by the lack of news about Lene during the time when she was nowhere to be found. Moreover, I wasn't aware of the existence of great sites like these where her fans could commiserate with each other. If she were to disappear for another four years, it would still be just as hard, I'm sure.

Edited by - the girl next door on 10 Nov 2004 13:18:48
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  21:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome girl next door!!
Do you know Australian fans were the first to subscribe this International board 1 1/2 years ago?

What you said, in particular: "I think she's the kind of person who might find talking to her 'fans' very difficult because it just seems ridiculous to her that she could be somebody's 'idol'. [...] Lene doesn't owe us anything personally, even if we do buy her albums and go to her performances. She's just doing her job. She never asked for attention, dedication or gifts from her fans" that's what me and other fans tried to explain many times to those who were unhappy about Lene's behaviour (and a lot of fans went away or didn't show a long time because they didn't understand it)
But in one thing you're not completely right or at least I think Lene herself understands it would be not "fair", I mean when you say "she really doesn't have to dedicate time to them (the fans)". In fact, whether she wants or not we're here, she has to accept it She had to accept her fame, the fact that people stop her for an autograph. And some fans, creating and taking care of this site, continued spreading news about her and didn't lower the attention on her. She knows it and reciprocated our affection, that's why she came 3 times to Italy and there will be something more in the next months, I think.
Anyway, Lene is much more interested in her fans than one could believe. I'm persuaded from the moment I read in an interview that one of the thing she really cares is not to disappoint her fans.
And after the first mini-concert in Oslo she said: "It was great to meet the fans. It's been a long road. I get incredibly proud about that so many came."

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 10 Nov 2004 21:10:18
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  21:10:47  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm it’s hard now to reply to this thread, every time I go to type something I forget what other people have already said, but the time I read everyone’s post I have forgotten what I was going to say,, but hey I already know I have a crap short term memory.

Here goes..

The best I can pick out from the best ever posts I have ever seen is…

quote:
some of us who can't see from her point of view, would pester her to make another album, to come out and promote herself and stuff, when she just wasn't in the right state.

Ok I can understand that, but I’m sure if she had said something on the lines of…. there will be a new album and I’m happy what I’m doing now; it would have released more pressure to pester her for a new album then keeping (even the record company) in the dark.

and....
quote:
she was actually beginning work on Another Day already in 2002, just 2 years after her last public appearance in Feb 2000.

Ok, now this is where is changes, if she was “working” then why not say something then ...

The only person can anwser this is Lene, and I hope one interviewer asks her, I think I would be a good question.

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

We all live in a beautiful world

Edited by - custard555 on 10 Nov 2004 21:12:21
Go to Top of Page

the girl next door
Fan

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2004 :  05:41:11  Show Profile  Send the girl next door a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Marko! Thanks for the welcome. I didn't know that Australian fans were the first to join this international board. Lene's not well-known here, although I reckon she should be.

With regards to what you said about Lene dedicating time to her fans, I think we are in agreement here, but perhaps I didn't put it properly. I agree that fans should be given the highest priorities by any artist, because they're the ones who buy and appreciate the artist's work in the first place. I also agree that she has to accept her fame and the fact that fans may stop her for an autograph even when she is not working. That comes with success, and anybody who goes into the music industry as an artist should be willing to accept that even if they don't like it, otherwise they will be very miserable!

And of course, it's better still if the artist reciprocates the attention of the fans who don't give up and who continue waiting patiently for her and promoting her. Certainly I think that this is the best attitude for the artist to take. What I was trying to say, but perhaps didn't explain properly, is that it's wonderful if Lene wants to do all of this. It's certainly the best relationship there could be between an artist and her fans, and to some degree it's her responsibility. It's expected of her. However, as Helios Rietberg so eloquently put it, 'making people happy is one thing, but making people happy at the expense of your own happiness is not a good thing'. It's not the most important thing in Lene's life, do you know what I mean? I mean, when AD finally came out, it was obvious that she had had other problems to deal with. With regards to her music, I do think, as you said, that she's incredibly proud of her fans in a quiet kind of way. She's just not showy about it like other artists. In fact, I think she's far more dedicated to her fans than someone like Britney Spears, for example, who tours with every album that she puts out but only does it for the money.

So, yeah. Perhaps what I said came out wrong. Certainly an artist owes the success of her career to her fans, and should therefore give them great consideration in all professional matters. What I meant to say was that just because that's so, doesn't mean we should have the right to dictate Lene's life. She should still be free to make the decisions that she wants to make, and to live her life the way she wants to live it. But I really respect the affection and dedication that went into the making of this site, and I think that fans like you guys, who run this site, are especially deserving of Lene's attention.

Anyway, you Italian fans are very lucky! I doubt that she will ever come to Australia...
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  01:25:04  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
late like hell but...

being shy isnt/shouldn't really be the key...I mean hell shes just posting on her own site...

quote:
Many of us (the older fans)

...i thought u said u cant judge fans by thier age of being a fan...(it was on Lene zone or little lene's topic on these very forums...)
oh well...

Q: When Is your computer obselete?
A: The day after you learn to use it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000