Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2004 :  19:09:03  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://beta.search.msn.com/ lene-marlin.no is higher then lenemarlin.com LOL they must know something

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2004 :  01:43:52  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
on many other search engines .no is higher it all depends on the search engine's score's and depends on how it reads the Meta tag used in each page(s)

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2004 :  22:44:08  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superfan

on many other search engines .no is higher it all depends on the search engine's score's and depends on how it reads the Meta tag used in each page(s)

Mmmm Meta tags are SLOWLY dieing, well most commands of meta e.g. “name="Division" or “name="Microsoft Theme" (data within data crazy, stuff!) as far as I can remember I think http://beta.search.msn.com/ uses hits and also when the index was last updated, and someone told me it uses meta tags last.

Still quicker then google.com…

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  13:57:02  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I haven't used that...
Is it the same search engine MS spent 20000000$ in the first week?
(Also the one that will be used in Longhorn)?

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2004 :  15:27:12  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I haven't used that...
Is it the same search engine MS spent 20000000$ in the first week?
(Also the one that will be used in Longhorn)?

Not sure on the money side of things but I know Longhorn has almost the same search technology as xp now windows FS has been striped out of Longhorn!! (Why Jim Allchin Why did you take out Windows Future Storage (WinFS), that’s what EVERYONE was waiting for Grrr Grrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, and it was going to sell Longhorn, why did you let HP and some others change your minde!!)

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  14:07:40  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WinFS is taken out!!!
man if thats true then 75% of my attracts to Longhorn gets blown out....
and about the search technology MS promised a new search engine for longhorn!
things are getting bad for Longhorn
I guess I'll just keep sticking on to Win2000

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  15:07:59  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WINFS is differently out of the first release of Longhorn Clicky -"Microsoft will deliver a Windows storage subsystem, code-named "WinFS," after the "Longhorn" release."
Also Avalon 2 looks like for the chop but you never know what’s going to be in service packs or we just might have to wait for Blackcomb, but at lest we still have Indigo in Longhorn; also I just want Longhorn to render using the video card just like Free BSD!!

Also don’t forget features like; new web services and NGSCB are still In Longhorn

Edited by - custard555 on 24 Nov 2004 01:22:18
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  01:22:53  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
anyone looking forward to Whidbey ?

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  15:04:17  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Eh... Whidbey? Please explain... i've come to the conclusion that things introduced by you are pretty reliable.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  20:32:35  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

Eh... Whidbey? Please explain... i've come to the conclusion that things introduced by you are pretty reliable.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

next version of Visual Studio, code-named Whidbey. Going to be very easy for beginners, drag and drop programming for thing's like web applications (similar to Java but better). I also hope this will open peoples eyes to looking at .Net code seriously.

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  02:21:00  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
2005 Longhorn schedule

Longhorn Beta 1 code complete
March 16, 2005

Longhorn Beta 1 internal release and domain rollout
April 2005

Longhorn Beta 2 (and product) code complete
July 1, 2005

Longhorn Beta 2 internal release
Q3 2005

Longhorn Beta 2 public release
September 2005 (PDC 2005)

Longhorn Release Candidate 0 (RC0) internal release
Q4 2005

Longhorn Release Candidate 1 (RC1) internal release
March 2006

Longhorn release to manufacturing (RTM)
May 2006

New product names

Longhorn Starter Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Starter Edition.

Longhorn Home Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Home Edition.

Longhorn Premium/Media Center Edition
A premium superset of Home Edition that includes the Media Center functionality.

Longhorn Professional Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Longhorn Small Business Edition
A new product edition aimed at the small business market. Currently very similar to Professional Edition.

Longhorn Mobility/Tablet PC Edition
Analogous to Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.

Longhorn "Uber" Edition
A new product edition that bridges the consumer and business versions and includes all of the features from the Home, Premium, Pro, Small Business, and Tablet PC Editions (but not Starter Edition).

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  21:54:39  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Want to play with Avalon?
Take a sneak preview on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C8F904E1-B4CA-402B-ACCF-AAA2BD60DA74&displaylang=en

(Its a BIG one, the file is 261.4 MB)

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  00:34:00  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
and i'm lookin forward to whidbey...(Since I've been using Visual Syudio 2000 for such a looong time [Didn't like .net one bit])
But what i want the most is a new IE WITHOUT the need of Security Updates, I've installed Firefox...and uh, I'm back on IE I just wish that IE wouldn't have so many problems and would have good updates for win2K!

by the has anyone tried LinSpire (the new version of Lindows)?
It ain't to bad...

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  00:48:16  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

and i'm lookin forward to whidbey...(Since I've been using Visual Syudio 2000 for such a looong time [Didn't like .net one bit])
But what i want the most is a new IE WITHOUT the need of Security Updates, I've installed Firefox...and uh, I'm back on IE I just wish that IE wouldn't have so many problems and would have good updates for win2K!

It ain't to bad...

I’m looking forward to the next SQL Server (code-named Yukon) when combined with the next version of Visual Studio (Whidbey) should really show the power of SQL (CLR here we come! ¬)

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  23:02:04  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
by the way does anyone have an idea about all these codenames from MS?
I mean its pretty odd...

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2005 :  13:36:25  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

It ain't to bad...

took your advice on Linspire, and not 2 sure on it,

Dug out my old HP minobookXE3 and installed it and found

what I didn't like;

mono sound on a very common sound card
really slow loading times (XP was faster)
didn't like samba version
Seen better free E-mail clients with Linux
not 2 sure on the “CNR”

What I did like;

very easy to setup from CD
good range of driver support
think the next couple of releases are going to be really good

Well there you go, I did try out Lindows and this is a bit better, really feel this company is going to be a really good source of good software (so far it hasn't crash) and I hope they continue improve there product because I think it has some space for improvement.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000