New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

suthernbuck82
Fan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2004 :  21:05:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone. I have just heard this great young singer/songwriter by the name of Holly Williams. Shes Hank Jrs girl and has just released her debut CD "The Ones We Never Knew" on Universal South. It is a melodic folk/pop record similar to Bob Dylan but those of you who loved Lenes debut "Playing The Game" won`t be dissapointed. I am a big Lene Marlin fan myself but have always been interested in the acoustic singer/songwriter genre. Lyrically "The Ones" is a very intimate and personal record. Holly tackles issues of love, loss, heartbreak, hope and fear and has a beautiful voice that cannot fail to touch you. Her ear for melody shines brightly throughout the 12 songs, be it if she is playing the guitar or sat at a piano and the stripped down production makes the record even more poignant. As an intern at Universal I highly recommend it to everybody. Check out www.hollywilliams.com for info and links to songs and see for yourself. Cheers guys and enjoy.

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2004 :  19:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, WELCOME suthernbuck82!!!
It's always a joy when some USA fan writes.

Thank you for this hint, Holly has a vigorous voice, more "american style" and there are some beautiful songs. What I like most is the use of only a guitar (and sometimes piano) to accompany the voice, yes like Bob Dylan and many folksingers there.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

suthernbuck82
Fan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2004 :  05:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A quick update on Holly: She will be talking about her new CD via live chat at this site tomorrow: http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20041123001/tscript.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000