Interview with Lene on NRK 1 August 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coffee
Fan

Norway
66 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  19:52:22  Show Profile  Visit coffee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here you go Zuzzy... =)

I'll just go straight ahead to "Forfulgt av jounalist I tromsø" - "stalked by jounalist in tromsø"...

-------------------------------------------------------

Transcript TV interview with ”Lørdagsrevyen” (NRK 1)– August 2. 2003

Direct link: http://www.nrk.no/dynasx?p_lenke_id=441128&p_artikkel_id=&mswmext=.asx

After over three years in hibernation, Lene Marlin is back, and never before has the interest around her person been larger. Many have pointed out that she is surprisingly happy this time around.

“It sounds like I haven’t been smiling before! I have been having a laugh about it – people are calling me saying like ‘I see you haven’t been out for three years...’ I haven’t been sitting in a small nook, just hiding away!”

(clip from “You weren’t there)

“Everything you do, it’s like, everything is from that time you’re in and what you have been going through, and obviously that will reflect what you do. My lyrics are sort of...Yeah, some are about me, and some are about others.”

(clip from “You weren’t there”)

One of the reasons why Lene retreated was the intense pressure from the media, something she pointed out in her ’thank you speech’ under ”Spellemannsprisen” 2000.

(clip from ”Spellemannprisen)

”…unfortunately there have been some stuff that hasn’t been as good, and this is something my family has experienced. There are parts of the media that just won’t leave them in peace, and I am incredibly sorry that I have put them in this situation.”

”Now I have this naïv thought. Kind of – stupid, but it’s like... it’s like one has to be able to just say ’no.’!”

These last two days, Lene has made over 30 interviews with Norwegian media, but that is obviously not enough:

”When I had finished the day yesterday, and came home, I had been thinking that ’ok, at least I’m going home now, and just relax some’, but then I came home and there were some reporters outside in a car."

(clip from “You weren’t there”)

It seems like Lene is having success musically this time too. Yesterday MTV decided that they were putting “you weren’t there” on full rotation – that’s 65 times played a week!

”I had been hoping that it was possible to find back to that joy I got when I entered Hit 40 for the first time. A sort of tingling sensation through my body.

(clip from ”You weren’t there”)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000