A Queer Discovery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  11:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have been surfing around this wonderful site in search of some amusement, and i've made quite a few discoveries :

1. There are more males than female members.

2. Most of the members come from Europe, particularly Scandinavia (though i suppose this is quite understandable).

3. Most of the old members, like those who joined earlier, don't post anymore (very queer, don't you think? I believe this is a wonderful forum).

4. The forum is much more active now, and much more coordinated.

I suppose Discovery 1 is understandable because Lene is female, and naturally opposites attract.

Discovery 2 is also quite realistic, since Lene comes from Scandinavia and has little publicity in other countries.

Discovery 3 baffles me. Some forum members can go on posting on and on, like Tarnim and Tef Johs, even though they are not responsible for the forum in any way whatsoever. However there are also many people who hardly post, or don't post at all! Do they even check back to the forum, or just have it as another site in their lists of fan-clubs' diary?

Discovery 4 is natural, i suppose. I remember when i first joined; there was a time when no one posted in the forum for weeks! I was wondering whether everyone had gone for a holiday... fortunately now the situation has changed. Congratulations to you early members who have helped make the forum active and give it publicity!

As for the forum being coordinated, i suppose this is due to the new rules. Before, i have seen some members having extremely large pictures in their signatures (like how i used to have one ) and eye-hurting font colour. It was really quite a headache. I'm glad that now we have such reasonable rules.

Oh yes, and let me congratulate those people going for Lene's Christmas Tour. I suppose this isn't the correct forum, but i shouldn't be posting too much either. So... happy enjoying Lene's angelic voice and wonderful music! Have a great time. See you when you get back.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Ive lost my mind
Fan

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  01:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I soppse I;m a fairly old member, and its true that I don;t post often. I have not had internet access at home for some time due to computer problems, yet I am generally quiet on message boards anyway, but I do read all the posts as often as I can! :)
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  18:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
interesting report. does Lene.it have any statistics on the members mayby? Could be fun to see.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2004 :  01:23:05  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I agree about the rules...even though 20kb...forget it,(my pic is 19.76)
keeping control of rules are really hard...

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  07:43:34  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You know, just like to ask, how did the fan-club evolve? I know a guy called Patrick Felder founded it, but how did you guys all arrange the moderators, the webmaster, the collaborators and stuff? Was it over time or was it done in a jiffy?

And is the Italian fan-club really old or is it just as old as the International one? I'd just like to know.

Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  11:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this kind of topics

quote:
does Lene.it have any statistics on the members mayby

You have to look above in this page, under the voice Members

quote:
You know, just like to ask, how did the fan-club evolve? I know a guy called Patrick Felder founded it, but how did you guys all arrange the moderators, the webmaster, the collaborators and stuff? Was it over time or was it done in a jiffy?

And is the Italian fan-club really old or is it just as old as the International one? I'd just like to know.

So Helios, the story of Lene.it and the Lene Marlin Italian fan-club (it had another link and another name before) begins on the site of this swiss guy, Patrick Felder (lenemarlin.ch) about 4 1/2 years ago now.
After a while, the webmaster of Lene.it (Alessandro Guerra-Zuzzy) who was active on Patrick's site, asked him the permission to collect subscriptions on his site to found an Italian fan-club. And so, after not many days he could open (19-08-2000, 2 days after Lene's 20th birthday) the new site and fan-club, which had a primitive forum.
Almost all the moderators were there from the beginning.
We still have to translate it, but you can find all the Story here
The English homepage was opened only on May the 22nd of last year, after a long work of graphical and structural renewal of the whole site (we hoped and then knew Lene was coming back).

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

Daniel
Fan

Germany
103 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  13:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, when I visited this site for the first time it looked kind of like this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020803173148/www . lene . it/eng-index.asp

It was early spring 2002 and I had "discovered" Lene just a few days before (yeah, I know, 2002, but that's another story...). So there was an english section with a few news items already then. The italian section wasn't of much use to me but I learned Lene was somehow a star down there. ;) I remember this because I felt disappointed after I read she was "gone" for already like 2 years, but also a bit relieved because I saw she still had active fans (I had come across many abandoned "fan" sites before). And somehow I knew she should return one day. :) So I've hung on ever since.

PS: I'm sorry, you have to copy the link to the address box of your browser by hand as the forum screws it up. And remove the spaces!

Edited by - Daniel on 15 Dec 2004 13:47:38
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2004 :  19:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeeess!! The dear old version with the old pic
Clearly I made confusion: an English homepage existed (don't remember now if from the beginning or not) but not an English forum.

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2004 :  16:44:26  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, really cool! Thanks people. I like the old homepage... somehow it seems more... homely, you could say. Maybe it's the background colour. Have you guys ever considered a make-over? Sometimes when i check on the site during my serious-lack-of-sleep period, it really hurts the eyes cause it's all white... perhaps you could add a little of some other subtle colour, just so it looks more welcoming? Just an idea.

Oh, and by the way, does it take any expenses to upkeep this site?

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2004 :  21:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's a bit white the background, but we added pink, red, violet and other gradations of colour.
Expenses? Not much, and only one time in a year

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000