Spyware
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2005 :  12:31:29  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have any of you tried the new anti-spyware Software from Microsoft?

if not then goto (BTW its Beta) http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2005 :  14:45:42  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well i've kind of lost faith in anti-spywares, so tell me, what's the special features for this anti-spyware this time? It seems you've tried it, so is it any good?

Windows users can never be safe, since there're so many and most spywares and adwares are designed for Windows.

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2005 :  18:02:11  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

Well i've kind of lost faith in anti-spywares, so tell me, what's the special features for this anti-spyware this time? It seems you've tried it, so is it any good?

Windows users can never be safe, since there're so many and most spywares and adwares are designed for Windows.

It was really made by Giant so there is a plus there

also look at this page http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/about.mspx for info on how good it is

and if you need to report an issue then log it on here
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2005 :  00:48:43  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hmm well i'll try it onyl because its from MS...(I'll stick with MS as long as i can)
but i've been safe from Spyware, Ad Ware & Cookies + reg Keys ever since I've been Using Pest patrol Corp (I've been using it from version 4.0.0.0 and now I've updated it to 5.1)

and the only reason Windows users aint safe is because everyone uses Windows (Not everyone but most of PC Users)
also MS made it easy to make destructive programs like the Macros in Office, VB & Much more...MS makes stuff for our lifes to be easier people...they use to destroy themnself, (for an example: Nuclear power...It was made to SAVE mankind but look what its used for today...)

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2005 :  21:56:37  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superfan

hmm well i'll try it onyl because its from MS...(I'll stick with MS as long as i can)
but i've been safe from Spyware, Ad Ware & Cookies + reg Keys ever since I've been Using Pest patrol Corp (I've been using it from version 4.0.0.0 and now I've updated it to 5.1)

and the only reason Windows users aint safe is because everyone uses Windows (Not everyone but most of PC Users)
also MS made it easy to make destructive programs like the Macros in Office, VB & Much more...MS makes stuff for our lifes to be easier people...they use to destroy themnself, (for an example: Nuclear power...It was made to SAVE mankind but look what its used for today...)

I could go on about if Microsoft locked down from the beginning all the things which some virus took advance, then the open source card would have been played even more, but I won’t.
Just to let you know, Microsoft has bought an anti virus company, maybe something in the pipeline,…

Edited by - custard555 on 30 Jan 2005 22:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  21:25:01  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Microsoft had/has plans on creating an AV for some time now...all I officially know about it, is that it wont be released along with Longhorn or other windows versions it'll be a seperated pack...

and about viruses and windows...Believe me if 90% of pc users had Unix or... instead of MS windows we wouldn't have the results for MS as we have now...(Strait example: Firefox...Wasn't it supposed to be bulletproof? well i've d/led 4 Security updates for it...so I switched right back to IE)

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  17:08:54  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well i'm not counting on Microsoft's Antivirus. Somehow Microsoft doesn't strike me as very safe anymore. It's convenient, yes, in terms of all the software that'll match your operating system, but it's also pretty unsafe. Of course what i'm saying in this paragraph totally contradicts with my statement below, but i don't like the security features on Microsoft. I just don't trust myself to depend solely on Microsoft; i feel safer using extra AntiViruses and Anti-Spyware or things of the same sort.

As for Firefox being bullet-proof, well, that's preposterous. Nothing can be totally "proof" of anything. Ever heard of bullet-proof vests and cars and stuff? They're not really bullet-proof; they're VERY bullet resistant. And the Titanic was supposed to be "unsinkable". Well look what God gave it as a punishment for being so larger-than-life.

Firefox can't exactly be security proof. Sooner or later you're going to have to download an update for it because new viruses and spyware, and all kinds of hazardous stuff keep popping up on the internet. IE is good too, but somehow Firefox (at least to me) seems far stabler. IE used to crash on me, and i didn't like the way IE programmed my downloads to function and displayed unable-to-display pages. I honestly prefer Firefox, but it's personal choice, i guess.

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 02 Feb 2005 17:11:08
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2005 :  22:40:44  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well i know that nothing can be bullet proof...it was just a name they put on firefox but 3 updates in the first months...(I dunno about now) well that didn't sound 2 goos for me, and also IE is much faster and it reads HTML codes a lot better (When I test my web pages) so when I write web pages I wish everyone would use IE...

Also my score for IE was a personal thought,
Ive used a lot of browsers like Opera, Netscape, Mozilla (Itself), Firefox & ... but none of them give me the feeling i have with IE

and about d/l's I suggest a d/l menager (I use flashget &/or reget Deluxe) for either browser

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2005 :  04:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I used a download manager the other time. But since i was already using Firefox then, i didn't find much use for it. Perhaps when i use IE again i'll try it. I suppose it's personal taste, but i prefer Firefox somehow... IE gives me an unnerving feeling of unsafeness...

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2005 :  23:35:55  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and another good spy sweeper that I tried is Ad-Aware SE...less option than Pest Patrol but better preformance...

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2005 :  07:00:16  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's a neat software. Registry Mechanic is quite good as a problem solver, but the free version doesn't let you correct many problems. Spyware Doctor isn't too bad, but i still prefer Spybot - Search & Destroy. Spy Sweeper used to be good, until they changed the policies and made it compulsory for you to buy it instead. I have Bazooka, Spyware Blaster, WinPatrol, AntiVir Personal Edition XP and Norton Systemworks 2005 too, among those said above. All are good, but i have to say, my most frequented ones would be Spybot and Ad-Aware, and ones that i have on all the time are WinPatrol, AntiVir Personal Edition XP and Norton Systemworks.

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 17 Feb 2005 07:01:00
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2005 :  00:27:20  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
woah...you've got a LOT loaded up Helios...
all I have (for security) Is:
Zone Alarm Pro 5.0 (Usually off)
McAfee Virus Scan 9.0 (Updates & Scans 1 time per month other than that off)
either Pest Patrol Corp or Ad-Aware depending on how I feel

and I dont have security problems...
(I have a problem with Symantec overall and stopped buying thier software ever since Norton 2003, and out of all the other Security stuff I have [about 48 CD's] I prefer what I listed above)

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2005 :  20:51:59  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you didn't like the above products then why not try Norton Internet Security™ 2005 AntiSpyware (beta). You can try it @ https://www-secure.symantec.com/public_beta/index.html

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2005 :  23:39:53  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No WAY I'ma install one more Symantec program on my PC!

the only program worth my 2 cents fromthat company was NC_5.0,
I didn't even care to buy their new Partion Magic program...

-|Still working on it|-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000