Got bored, thought of this.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  21:44:15  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, just a simple question about Lene and yourself.

If Lene ever announces that, most of her songs are all made up and that’s the reason why she ever told the story behind the words;

Would you stay a fan of Lene?

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

Remember kids, CHIPS ARE VEGETABLES

northside66
Fan

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  01:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All lyrics are madeup. They always relate to someone's life. I don't think anything could keep me from being a Lene fan.
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  12:10:55  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Whether her lyrics are of her experience, in her imagination, or just plain junk, i'll always be, up till my 80th birthday (if i survive that long) a Lene Marlin fan.

So fragile, just you and me,
Barely staying afloat in this blood red sea.
The eyes i looked at as jewels of hope,
Now hold just despair, how shall we cope?

Your feelings crushed, easy to break,
A protective shield of love we make.
When we realise we shall be free,
To entwine in the hands of you and me...
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by custard555

If Lene ever announces that, most of her songs are all made up and that’s the reason why she ever told the story behind the words;

There's no doubt at least some of her songs are made up: she told this several times. I don't think there an songwriter on earth who writes only songs about what his/her own life.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2005 :  22:43:42  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I Like Lene mostly because of her voice...not lyrics,

and not even Eminem's (Which I found some of his lyrics extremely close to reality and are about his life (most of them)) are all made that way so...

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2005 :  15:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do you mena by "made up"? I don't really get the question. Is it that it's not selfexperienced? If so haven't Lene said that not all her songs are that? I don't see why that should matter.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Fan

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2005 :  16:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe she has said some of the songs are about her/her experiences but not all. I think she has also said she doesnt reveal any meaning of the song because she personally hates it when she listens to a song and thinks it means one thing, only to find out that she was wrong. So basically she doesnt reveal the meaning, so everyone can attach their own personal meaning to it, hope that gets the point across
Go to Top of Page

ERVI
Fan

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  21:34:19  Show Profile  Send ERVI an ICQ Message  Click to see ERVI's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by custard555

Fortunally it's one thing she'll never tell
I believe that Lene is honest when she writes songs and she has an unique way of expressing herself, nobody else in the world of music can express like her. The feelings she makes me feel when i listen to her music are something tha nobody has made me feel before. So i think that her songs are fantastic both musically and emotionally a rare art masterpiece and that's because of her honesty and passion in writin music.

18 is a nice number...
Go to Top of Page

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  20:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Writing needs imagination, yup some topics come from our life, but not from our own life only, we read the news, we watch a drama/film, we chat with our friends, bah...bah... all of them are from our surroundings, writer just uses them to creat a story. It can base on a true event with some imagination.

I think Lene's songs are both, some of them are from her own experience, some of them are from her friends, family & all the things happen in the world.

Even though I can't figure out what's Lene's songs talking about sometimes, but I still like her songs (both music & lyrics), 'cause it's great, 'casue it can be played over and over, and I would be bored, 'cause...

sometimes you just like something, theu seem have some magically power to attract you, and you don't need any more explanation, just like it. If you understand that, that's good, if not, sorry, can't help.
Go to Top of Page

Lene-Robyn
Fan

Netherlands
64 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  20:35:34  Show Profile  Visit Lene-Robyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what does it matter? I don't care... She writes the songs, and i love the lyrics, i don't care where she gets the inspiration, it's just how she write it. And i don't only love her lyrics, but her voice too!!
So i'll always be a fan of lene!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000