New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  16:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would try to understand more about that day. And... someone knows if we can hear the show throught Internet? (not necessarily trhough Nrk1.no)
http://www.nrk.no/programoversikt/p.sg?p_otr_prog_id=OBUB12003603&p_otr_sendedato=20030905&p_otr_anntid=16.01&p_otr_kanal=NRK1&p_knapp=Omtale&p_artikkel_id=0

“I’m here again because I’ve got my passion back. I’ve never thought about writing a song that will sell because I don't approach music like that. If I thought in that manufactured way, I know I wouldn’t be able to do it” Lene Marlin 2003

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  17:56:47  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, here it is:
------------------
Nicholas E. Carlie gets a celebrity visit in tonight's "VG list Top 20": Lene Marlin is coming in the studio and we get to see her new video.

One of the big questions in the norwegian music world this fall is whether Lene Marlin can manage to deal with the Idol guys. And it's rare how her new album is yearned for. The expectations are sky high, and on the 22th of September these may be fulfilled by the album "Another Day".

Tonight "VG list Top 20" shortens the wait. Lene Marlin comes for a visit in the studio to talk to Nicholas, and we will of course get to see the video for the single "You Weren't There".
-------------------

The rest is just general info about the show, nothing important. Remember "tonight" means September 5th, not tonight :)

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.

Edited by - Tef Johs on 26 Aug 2003 17:57:43
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  18:38:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tef Johs!!
We thought it was a live performance. So she just talks. She does not perform her song, right?
Good that I asked the translation. I think we'll have to correct the news.

“I’m here again because I’ve got my passion back. I’ve never thought about writing a song that will sell because I don't approach music like that. If I thought in that manufactured way, I know I wouldn’t be able to do it” Lene Marlin 2003
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  18:49:30  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, it doesn't seem she's going to perform anything. I did find it strange when I heard she would "appear on VG top 20", because that list is a *sales* list, and seeing her single isn't even out yet, she can't possibly be in any spot :)

But she will...soon....

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Go to Top of Page

memo
Fan

Norway
77 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  19:17:26  Show Profile  Visit memo's Homepage  Click to see memo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Marko: true, she wont be performing...news is updated at lene-marlin.no too...but she will be attending an interview on the same show :)

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  19:37:29  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't see that Dagbladet's review of YWT single has been translated; so here it is courtesy of myself :)
------------------------------------------------------------
A thrilling taste.
-----------------

After the incredible success of "Playing My Game" in 1999 the height of fall is great when Lene Marlin at last breaks the silence.

You Weren't There, single review. (4/6 points on the "dice")
Source: Dagbladet (19.07.03)

By ØYVIND RØNNING

SINGLE: "You Weren't There" is the first taste of the long-awaited sequel. And - nobody is going to claim that she is surfing on the recipe from the international success. Because it's a totally different Lene Marlin we can hear on the first single - which we at the moment only have gotten access to by way of an italian radio station. Not until today will you be able to hear it on Norwegian radio.

Gone is the girlish voice, on the single Lene projects as a grown and matured artist with a soft and pleasent voice. However, the first sample does not imply that we might expect another pop sensation.

Immediately, the style of the four minute long single is reminiscent of overriped american college pop, with guitar and keyboards well advanced in a more well-rounded and heavier sound picture than we know from the debut. The track has a catchy refrain and will most surely be played to pieces on the radio the days and weeks ahead. And I should think so too, with a view on the huge interest in advance of the new album. The drawback of the song is that it sounds a bit over-produced and overloaded with instruments and sound, at the sacrifice of her voice.

However, it is only when the album is released in September that we'll get the answer if "You Weren't There" is representative of the "new Lene Marlin". The expectations are almost inhumanly great. There is a lot that points to that this is one of the reasons it has taken her three years to return.

----------------------------

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  20:16:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, I thought we had that article.

Very kind from you. Thank you again!!

Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  20:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Found out about the track list of Lene's maxi single; please go to

www.lene-marlin.no

Thanks to the Germans! (virgin.de)

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  20:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ehm... I just found that another article was not completely translated. Here are the parts:

Den voldsomme interessen rundt Lene Marlins comeback har fremskyndet den nye single-
premièren med en uke.

En låt som ligger på a-listen i NRK Petre, spilles 2-3 ganger hver dag.

Piratkopier

Norskansvarlig Hans Olav Grøttheim var ikke umiddelbart begeistret over tanken på at en piratkopi skulle lekke ut på luften.

Thank you in advance!!!

Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2003 :  20:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Den voldsomme interessen rundt Lene Marlins comeback har fremskyndet den nye single-
premièren med en uke.

Translates to:

The huge interest surrounding the come-back of Lene Marlin has promoted the first performance of the new single with a week.
---
En låt som ligger på a-listen i NRK Petre, spilles 2-3 ganger hver dag.

Translates to:

A song that is placed on the a-list on NRK P3 will be played 2-3 times a day.
---
Piratkopier

Norskansvarlig Hans Olav Grøttheim var ikke umiddelbart begeistret over tanken på at en piratkopi skulle lekke ut på luften.

Translates to:

Pirate copies.

Norwegian accountable Hans Olav Grøttheim was not immediately enthusiastic about the thought of a pirate copy leaking out and getting aired.

-----

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000