Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Lene Marlin
 new articles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Meriadoc Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 09:32:24
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=75983
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=75982
The second is not such good news imho.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tarnim Posted - 14 Sep 2003 : 10:26:46
I just wan't to make it clear I was NOT suggesting that everyone should start downloading instead of buying records. I was simply trying to point out the fact that is not a good vs. evil kind of situation. With this said I'll respect the lene.it-staff wishes and stop talking about the subject.
Dazzy Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 23:07:56
I kind of agree, although I have been known to download certain unavailable rare & live songs.

I mean - it's ok to say "Lene's already made her money", but that doesn't really make it right to download her new album. Would anybody here go to work for free, no matter how rich you were?

I'll continue to download stuff that I can't buy - but if anything I really want is avaulable in the shops or off the internet - I'll buy it and support the artist. Otherwise we'll be overcome by all these awful untalented popstars that are produced by record companies just to make a fast buck!

Thats just my opinion anyway.

My loss, here we go again...
memo Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 18:08:34
ehem...

quote:
As far as I'm concerned, music is there to be listened to. Whether people make money from it or not doesn't come into it.

You have no idea what you're talking about..this isn't about the artist not making money, it's about the record company loosing money they earlier made. That means they have to compensate, and only promote artists they KNOW they can make more money on...which means the world will be full of Britney Spears'.

quote:
My mates all make their own music and copy it onto other cds because they want people to hear what they have to say. Would you go up to someone and say, "I have an opinion, give me £10 and I'll tell you it."

Well, no offense, but your mates aren't worldwide known, and your mates doesnt require promotion for millions of dollars.
And if you dont want to hear someones oppinion, i suggsest you just dont listen, and dont pay the massive amount of 10 punds it costs you. And just the fact that you draw paralells to "expressing oppinions" and "creating music", show that you're really not a person who should express YOUR oppinions (not music) on this subject.

quote:
Lene Marlin has earned so much from her first album that she can live comfortably for the rest of her life. Whether she makes any money from this new album shouldn't really matter.
So the case is your jealous..ok..that's all you had to say. you're jealous..

And who are you to say "you have lots of money, it shouldnt matter if you make more. so i'll just download the album instead."
You need more experience in the real-world, dude. Just because people make much money, doesnt mean they dont deserve them, or that you can steal stuff from them.

quote:
And you reckon that because some people want to download her album so they can at least listen to what others are listening to, you think that that is stealing. What about when you're listening to songs on the radio? Isn't that stealing too, you're not paying for it are you.

- So, if you see a person owning two sportcars, you think it's in your right to take one of them? just because he has two?
And if you had any idea on what you're talking about, you'd know that the radio's pay massive amounts of money to be able to play their songs on the air. And the radio-stations gets money depending on how many listeners they have.
They are all dependant on eachother.

quote:
I would love to be able to have a computer that I could download loads of music onto, and I'm happy for people who can. Why do you have such a problem with it?

- Because it's stealing other peoples work. That's why.

quote:
If people want to download songs from the Internet that is entirely up to them. And you call them "pathetic". Well sorry but THAT is pathetic.

- If the case is that you cant afford 10 pounds for an excellent album, then i suggest you go get a job and make some money. it wouldnt ruin you then.

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!
Tef Johs Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 16:00:56
I agree with Meriadoc.

I can't remember stating *anything* about Hayley in particular. If he choses to take it personally, it's his prerogative. Perhaps he should relinquish posting on a *fan* forum (not a general debate forum) until he has understood some basic principles about such a forum.

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Meriadoc Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 15:01:11
quote:
Originally posted by Hayley

Marko from the lene.it staff- you say it is not my right to discuss what i want to discuss, thats outrageous. Have you never heard of freedom of speech?

You're not locked out from this forum, are you? Go ahead, and speak freely, but don't expect other people to accept your point of view. That's another freedom people sometimes have: the freedom to have another opinion.

quote:
This is a forum for fans of Lene's work to discuss Lene. That is what we did.

I think this is so pathetic that you have to threaten to close a topic for the simple fact that, oh my god, we're debating a current issue. We are not comitting an illegal act by talking about illegal things.

And Marko, Tefjons and Meriadoc, don't you dare tell me what I am. You don't have the first clue.

You take this much to personal. Indeed, we don't have a clue who you really are or in what situation you life. We just stated an opinion, which happen to be in conflict with yours. It won't stop me from expressing me opinion in the future. Otherwise this (and other) forums have no use.
Freedom of speech indeed, but not exclusive for you.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Marko Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 14:39:08
We're facing the same problem with some so called "fans" of Lene in the Italian forum and in the chat.
If you don't like these rules, you can go as one of them did.

I repeat it only one time again: no discussions on downloading Lene songs. And if someone has heard to the album, we don't want to know: therefore no comments on the songs before the release, please (a part from the 30 sec of the official site).
Whether you buy the album or not, it doesn't matter to us. But here, in this place, we don't want that Lene's interests are offended in every way.

And, by the way: first, how you can see, I didn't close the topic, I gave only a warning; second, I didn't mean you in particular, but all the people here. I attached you only for what you said about Lene, which wasn't really fair.

“I'll be right there, if you ask me to
If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you
And if you're scared, I'll hold your hand
Like I know you'd do for me too"
Lene Marlin Faces-AD

Hayley Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 14:15:36
Marko from the lene.it staff- you say it is not my right to discuss what i want to discuss, thats outrageous. Have you never heard of freedom of speech?

This is a forum for fans of Lene's work to discuss Lene. That is what we did.

I think this is so pathetic that you have to threaten to close a topic for the simple fact that, oh my god, we're debating a current issue. We are not comitting an illegal act by talking about illegal things.

And Marko, Tefjons and Meriadoc, don't you dare tell me what I am. You don't have the first clue.
Tef Johs Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 12:48:52
I'm with you on that one, Marko :)

At least I called it stealing. Which it is.

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Marko Posted - 13 Sep 2003 : 12:23:14
PLEASE
DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT DOWNLOADING THE ALBUM OF LENE OR TO DO COMMENTS ABOUT HER SONGS WHICH OTHER PEOPLE WON'T HEAR BEFORE BUYING THE CD. IT'S NOT CORRECT. AND IT'S NOT RESPECTFUL TOWARDS LENE'S WORK.

I can understand many of your opinions, they are more or less right (surely not the argument of Hayley about Lene: I don't think that it's your affair how much she earns or what she does with her money, or are you just envious of her?) but I repeat: please don't mention mp3 and downloading in this forum or I will have to close or cancel the topics.

“I'll be right there, if you ask me to
If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you
And if you're scared, I'll hold your hand
Like I know you'd do for me too"
Lene Marlin Faces-AD

Tarnim Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 23:05:12
Well of course the copy control came after downloading started. If I gave another impression let me correct that. The first problem was overcharhing. Copy controlling have howerver escelated the situation, in my opinion.

I agree that downloading is stealing, but I can still understand those who does it. The industry dosen't care about the consumers rights by for example copy controling CD:s. And this will not solve their problems, it will only effect the people that are still buying CD:s. Maybe downloading is wrong but the music companies have only themself to blame!
Tef Johs Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 22:40:38
Well, this is the classic problem, then: What came first, the egg or the hen?

You think downloading from the net came because of the copy control put on the CD. History shows that this isn't correct. They put copy control on CD's *because* people started to rip the CD's and put everything on the net for free downloading. The copy control wasn't there before, but came as a result of everybody downloading stuff.

However, the reasons for this may be discussed. Is it the prices? Well, yes, maybe. But stealing is still stealing, no matter how you put it.

Tarnim Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 22:13:18
The problem is that the music industry is alienating it's own coustomers. The prices are simply too high for many people too accept. This is to me quite understandable. If you've ever seen one of those shows where they visit artists at there homes this overpricing becomes clear. They don't just make money, they make a hell lot of money. And not to mention the owners of the music companys. And they do this not just by selling their products, but also by overcarhing for them. What has happend in resent years is that the consumers are getting tierd of being used in this greedly way.
To get to the bottom with downloading the concept of copy controling CD:s came. This must be the stuipidest stunt ever pulled by the owners of music companys. This will not solve any of their problems. Hackers and others with techincal knowledge will always be able to get around these barriers, and it's enough that one persons succedes.
When that happens the songs will be out on the net and the damage is done. But the rest of us who dosen't have this knowledge are the ones getting the damage. When I buy a copy controled CD this usualy means that I can't copy it to MD, I can't make a copy for my own use, I can't storage it on my computer and use it to make own mixed CD:s etc.
All of this is things I have the right to do when I've buy a CD, but thesedays the music industry is ingoring my rights, the customers rights.
So downloading may cause the companys problems, but remember that the companys themeselves created the market for downloading by time after time spitting their loyal customers right in their faces.
If they want to get ride of this problem they should offer us a product that is as good as it possibly could be. That means no copy controls and stop vaiolaiting our rights as costomers and stop raising the prices more and more. The downloaders didn't start this problems, the greedy owners did.
Tef Johs Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 21:33:10
Well, the law says that downloading "songs from the internet" is not legal. Period.

Today, Virgin stopped a server in Norway having illegal copies of Lenes songs on it for distribution. They will now sue with a high amount of money. So *they* have a saying in it.

And, Lene's personal fortune has nothing to do with it. You're mixing things up. Lene herself doesn't pay Virgin's bills for recording an album that takes weeks, perhaps months in the studio.

So, who do you think ought to pay the bill for the recordings? Lene?

Yeah, right.

Hayley Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 15:21:00
As far as I'm concerned, music is there to be listened to. Whether people make money from it or not doesn't come into it. My mates all make their own music and copy it onto other cds because they want people to hear what they have to say. Would you go up to someone and say, "I have an opinion, give me £10 and I'll tell you it."

Lene Marlin has earned so much from her first album that she can live comfortably for the rest of her life. Whether she makes any money from this new album shouldn't really matter.

And you reckon that because some people want to download her album so they can at least listen to what others are listening to, you think that that is stealing. What about when you're listening to songs on the radio? Isn't that stealing too, you're not paying for it are you.

I would love to be able to have a computer that I could download loads of music onto, and I'm happy for people who can. Why do you have such a problem with it?

If people want to download songs from the Internet that is entirely up to them. And you call them "pathetic". Well sorry but THAT is pathetic.
Tef Johs Posted - 12 Sep 2003 : 14:09:23
Oh, I can't believe Nordlys have actually listened to the same album as me...

They're claiming the album is "too static and low-voiced"...

There are lots of catchy melodic songs, beautiful variations, and still they get to this conclusion? I couldn't disagree more! :(

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000