Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  09:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=75983
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=75982
The second is not such good news imho.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  10:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Abstracts in English from both the VG and Dagbladet's full reviews of the album today have been posted at www.lene-marlin.no

We are still working on our own review, it will be a lot more comprehensive that the daily press reviews. It won't be until sometime late this evening though. We're not going to waste this album by rushing our review. It's more worth than that.

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Go to Top of Page

artic
Fan

Norway
42 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  10:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/09/12/378300.html
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/09/12/378289.html
http://www.nordlys.no/kultur/article744697.ece
http://www.nordlys.no/kultur/article744712.ece

And here are some more.. The first link is about the fact that Another Day is available on the internet, number 2 is dagbladet's press review, the third is Nordlys' press review, and the 4th is Nordlys "explaining" Another Day, track by track.

VG also offers the readers to listen to a 30 seconds sample of every song, they will "release" one track each day. For those who wants to listen the link can be found under the header "Hør Lene-låter lovlig på VG Nett" at www.vg.no

I want to encourage people to NOT download the album from the internet. If you can't wait any longer, and just have to download it, please DO NOT spread it further!!! And you should also BUY the album when it's released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK???
Go to Top of Page

boyblue
Fan

France
17 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  11:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what's the problem with downloading the album? We've been waiting for it for 4 years, i think we (real fans) can take advantage of this privilege! I'll sure buy the cd and dvd, but i'm so glad to be able to listen to it right now! i think it's a great thing! And for those who don't know, the album is really really good and i bet it will be a great success for lene, so don't worry, she'll sell it!!!

I'd rather sleep alone
Than feel that there's no one home
You tell me that I'm the best
But your heart beats with someone else
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  12:25:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats so annoying saying don't download it. Its unfair that some fans are able to go out and buy the album sooner than others. So its only fair that we have the same access to it even if it is through downloading it. And if we didn't go out and buy the album once we've downloaded it, does it really matter? You're implying that its all about the money, its not, its about the music, whether its paid for or not, Lene wrote those songs for people to hear them. Lene has made her millions already.

Hayley
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  13:28:21  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by artic

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/09/12/378300.html
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/09/12/378289.html
http://www.nordlys.no/kultur/article744697.ece
http://www.nordlys.no/kultur/article744712.ece

And here are some more.. The first link is about the fact that Another Day is available on the internet, number 2 is dagbladet's press review, the third is Nordlys' press review, and the 4th is Nordlys "explaining" Another Day, track by track.

VG also offers the readers to listen to a 30 seconds sample of every song, they will "release" one track each day. For those who wants to listen the link can be found under the header "Hør Lene-låter lovlig på VG Nett" at www.vg.no

www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=76017" target="_blank">http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=76017
Some people won't be able to listen, because it's not accesible for Mac-users

quote:
I want to encourage people to NOT download the album from the internet. If you can't wait any longer, and just have to download it, please DO NOT spread it further!!! And you should also BUY the album when it's released!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK???

I've got the impression that most people who visit forums like this one will actually buy the CD when it's available. Those who don't are sad people.

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  13:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and those people who judge people because of whether or not they buy a cd are pathetic.

Hayley
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  14:01:10  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hayley, you're missing the point!

Downloading complete CD's without paying, either in front or buying it afterwards, is plain and simple stealing the artist's work.

At least when the only purpose is to "get it sooner, so I can spread it to all my friends". People who only download music and *never* pay for the CD are pathetic. In the extreme end, they will ruin any artist's wish to release new material.

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  14:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I can't believe Nordlys have actually listened to the same album as me...

They're claiming the album is "too static and low-voiced"...

There are lots of catchy melodic songs, beautiful variations, and still they get to this conclusion? I couldn't disagree more! :(

Edited by - Tef Johs on 12 Sep 2003 14:09:50
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  15:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm concerned, music is there to be listened to. Whether people make money from it or not doesn't come into it. My mates all make their own music and copy it onto other cds because they want people to hear what they have to say. Would you go up to someone and say, "I have an opinion, give me £10 and I'll tell you it."

Lene Marlin has earned so much from her first album that she can live comfortably for the rest of her life. Whether she makes any money from this new album shouldn't really matter.

And you reckon that because some people want to download her album so they can at least listen to what others are listening to, you think that that is stealing. What about when you're listening to songs on the radio? Isn't that stealing too, you're not paying for it are you.

I would love to be able to have a computer that I could download loads of music onto, and I'm happy for people who can. Why do you have such a problem with it?

If people want to download songs from the Internet that is entirely up to them. And you call them "pathetic". Well sorry but THAT is pathetic.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  21:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the law says that downloading "songs from the internet" is not legal. Period.

Today, Virgin stopped a server in Norway having illegal copies of Lenes songs on it for distribution. They will now sue with a high amount of money. So *they* have a saying in it.

And, Lene's personal fortune has nothing to do with it. You're mixing things up. Lene herself doesn't pay Virgin's bills for recording an album that takes weeks, perhaps months in the studio.

So, who do you think ought to pay the bill for the recordings? Lene?

Yeah, right.

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  22:13:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is that the music industry is alienating it's own coustomers. The prices are simply too high for many people too accept. This is to me quite understandable. If you've ever seen one of those shows where they visit artists at there homes this overpricing becomes clear. They don't just make money, they make a hell lot of money. And not to mention the owners of the music companys. And they do this not just by selling their products, but also by overcarhing for them. What has happend in resent years is that the consumers are getting tierd of being used in this greedly way.
To get to the bottom with downloading the concept of copy controling CD:s came. This must be the stuipidest stunt ever pulled by the owners of music companys. This will not solve any of their problems. Hackers and others with techincal knowledge will always be able to get around these barriers, and it's enough that one persons succedes.
When that happens the songs will be out on the net and the damage is done. But the rest of us who dosen't have this knowledge are the ones getting the damage. When I buy a copy controled CD this usualy means that I can't copy it to MD, I can't make a copy for my own use, I can't storage it on my computer and use it to make own mixed CD:s etc.
All of this is things I have the right to do when I've buy a CD, but thesedays the music industry is ingoring my rights, the customers rights.
So downloading may cause the companys problems, but remember that the companys themeselves created the market for downloading by time after time spitting their loyal customers right in their faces.
If they want to get ride of this problem they should offer us a product that is as good as it possibly could be. That means no copy controls and stop vaiolaiting our rights as costomers and stop raising the prices more and more. The downloaders didn't start this problems, the greedy owners did.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  22:40:38  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, this is the classic problem, then: What came first, the egg or the hen?

You think downloading from the net came because of the copy control put on the CD. History shows that this isn't correct. They put copy control on CD's *because* people started to rip the CD's and put everything on the net for free downloading. The copy control wasn't there before, but came as a result of everybody downloading stuff.

However, the reasons for this may be discussed. Is it the prices? Well, yes, maybe. But stealing is still stealing, no matter how you put it.

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  23:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well of course the copy control came after downloading started. If I gave another impression let me correct that. The first problem was overcharhing. Copy controlling have howerver escelated the situation, in my opinion.

I agree that downloading is stealing, but I can still understand those who does it. The industry dosen't care about the consumers rights by for example copy controling CD:s. And this will not solve their problems, it will only effect the people that are still buying CD:s. Maybe downloading is wrong but the music companies have only themself to blame!
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  12:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PLEASE
DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO TALK ABOUT DOWNLOADING THE ALBUM OF LENE OR TO DO COMMENTS ABOUT HER SONGS WHICH OTHER PEOPLE WON'T HEAR BEFORE BUYING THE CD. IT'S NOT CORRECT. AND IT'S NOT RESPECTFUL TOWARDS LENE'S WORK.

I can understand many of your opinions, they are more or less right (surely not the argument of Hayley about Lene: I don't think that it's your affair how much she earns or what she does with her money, or are you just envious of her?) but I repeat: please don't mention mp3 and downloading in this forum or I will have to close or cancel the topics.

“I'll be right there, if you ask me to
If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you
And if you're scared, I'll hold your hand
Like I know you'd do for me too"
Lene Marlin Faces-AD

Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  12:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm with you on that one, Marko :)

At least I called it stealing. Which it is.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000