Lene.it International Forum
Lene.it International Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Forums
 Off Topic
 Lene fans are gonna like this

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
suthernbuck82 Posted - 19 Nov 2004 : 21:05:56
Hey everyone. I have just heard this great young singer/songwriter by the name of Holly Williams. Shes Hank Jrs girl and has just released her debut CD "The Ones We Never Knew" on Universal South. It is a melodic folk/pop record similar to Bob Dylan but those of you who loved Lenes debut "Playing The Game" won`t be dissapointed. I am a big Lene Marlin fan myself but have always been interested in the acoustic singer/songwriter genre. Lyrically "The Ones" is a very intimate and personal record. Holly tackles issues of love, loss, heartbreak, hope and fear and has a beautiful voice that cannot fail to touch you. Her ear for melody shines brightly throughout the 12 songs, be it if she is playing the guitar or sat at a piano and the stripped down production makes the record even more poignant. As an intern at Universal I highly recommend it to everybody. Check out www.hollywilliams.com for info and links to songs and see for yourself. Cheers guys and enjoy.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
suthernbuck82 Posted - 23 Nov 2004 : 05:57:57
A quick update on Holly: She will be talking about her new CD via live chat at this site tomorrow: http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20041123001/tscript.htm
Marko Posted - 21 Nov 2004 : 19:22:37
First of all, WELCOME suthernbuck82!!!
It's always a joy when some USA fan writes.

Thank you for this hint, Holly has a vigorous voice, more "american style" and there are some beautiful songs. What I like most is the use of only a guitar (and sometimes piano) to accompany the voice, yes like Bob Dylan and many folksingers there.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000