Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  15:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now there's no more time for doubts.

The beautiful voice of our sweet angel will soon play again through the radios of all the world, this time.

Are you all ready for this? Are you ready for supporting her again and more that in the past, in every way?
I, we are!!!

Lene, we'll always love you

"I wait, I'm not tired of waiting
Weak but I'm not sick...

Imaginary friends, they might flow down deep
Storm ahead, we'll ride it through...
"

I know - Lene Marlin

Edited by - Marko on 09 Jun 2003 15:25:02

remind_me
Fan

Norway
8 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2003 :  16:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason, I couldn't log on to the international forum as undertheweather. not that it matters...

I am a bit concerned that you've raised your expectations slightly too high for Lene's come back. We all know Lene's potential as an artist, but she's after all just a human being, and she's under all kinds of pressure. My concern is that this album might not be Lene's album in the way that PMG was. They (ie Virgin) would not hire hot shot producers like Glenn Ballard and leave him with no influence over the final result. I think it was Darklaus who in another thread said that one of the things that makes PMG so special, is that it is all about Lene, it is her album and nobody else's. This time around, a lot more people seem to be involved, and they will all leave their fingerprints of the final work. First of all, I think they want a song to break the American market. But you know, there is a price to everything. Can Lene really maintain her own musical identity, surrounded by people who all have their own agendas? I will never doubt Lene's unique talent, but I doubt if she's strong enough - at this stage, remember she's still only 22 - to resist all the pressures from the music industry. To be honest, I do not want Lene to be a superstar like Shakira or "J.Lo". I wish they would just give up all this talk about conquering America, and let Lene get on with making music, HER music.

In other words, it wouldn't surprise me if this album turns out to be a disappointment. But I know that sooner or later Lene will release an album that fully realises her potential - and she will do that without help from Glenn Ballard or anybody else. I hope I'm wrong, of course, but we should all be aware of the POSSIBILITY that maybe this album might not turn out to be what we want it to be. That doesn't mean we should give up on Lene, because she is a young artist with many great songs to write still.
Go to Top of Page

Darksky
Fan

France
156 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2003 :  18:49:16  Show Profile  Click to see Darksky's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to admit..When the talks about conquering the American marquet started, I got a bit "disapointed"...I don't know why, but I got the feeling that if she'd got to be famous around America, she wouldn't be the same anymore..Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I kinda wanted to keep Lene as our European talented singer that writes her songs and makes her music by her own, and doesnt get influenced by other people who only have one and only idea: making money and conquering America...(bet some might think i sound selfish! hehe!)

Well, let's hope I'm wrong! and that Lene won't let them influence on her music!

**gjorde det vondt da du falt ned fra himmelen?**
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2003 :  09:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm no more worried about these problems. Since I knew the reasons of Lene's continuous postponements - I think you all read about it: article in Vg - I'm more convinced than before (but I always was and fans of the Italian forum know it) that Lene knows how to impose herself and her work. She's only 22 (nearly 23) but she has surely learned many things in the last years. Yes, a collaboration with an american artist could be something more "commercial", but the rest of the album is how Lene would it. Otherwise, she wouldn't have waited so long to the expiration of her contract and changed her manager.

Well, welcome back undertheweather.
Hope that you'll be our correspondant from Norway in the next months (possible that there aren't at least rumours about the new single at this moment?), as Darksky from France For every important news you can contact the webmaster or someone of the staff. Thank you a lot in advance

"I wait, I'm not tired of waiting
Weak but I'm not sick...

Imaginary friends, they might flow down deep
Storm ahead, we'll ride it through...
"

I know - Lene Marlin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page