Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  17:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,

I am Adrianshan, ha , I mix my English name and Chinese name together. If you like you can call me Adrian or call my Chinese name Shan (¬À), or both, up to you. I came from Hong Kong. I love Lene¡¦s music since she released her first album (thanks my sis introduced her to me). This is not my first time assess this website, but just have no intention to leave any message.

In Hong Kong, there is not much people known Lene and her music. I am sick of it . I just want to find someone who can share some same interest and feeling. Anyway, here we are, in this Internet world. We know each other through computer.

Say hello again, friends, so nice to know you guys. Please don¡¦t mind me this late introduction and hope all you have nice time!

P.s. One of the amazing thing about Lene is: Her songs can be played again and again, but don't feel boring. Isn't it cool?

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  20:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME to this board, Adrian or Shan Feel at home

quote:
One of the amazing thing about Lene is: Her songs can be played again and again, but don't feel boring. Isn't it cool?

That's what all Lene fans (have to) say at least one time in life to be her fans

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  22:15:35  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello Adrian old chap!! (a very English style welcome for you there)

Yeah - I agree with that statement. I still listen to both albums regularly and never get tired of them - and I don't think I ever will.

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page

abidhaq
Fan

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  02:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree.

Welcome Adrian

Both albums are brill, but I play Another Day more so than Playing My Game because AD is recent. Although both albums are brilliant, sweet voice like an angel by Lene
Go to Top of Page

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  04:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Abidhaq, Dazzy and Marko, thanks for the welcoming, it¡¦s so nice to feel at home. Ah, Abidhaq and Dazzy, I have been UK two years beforehand for exchange in University of Leeds. It¡¦s ashamed that we didn¡¦t¡¦ know each other.

Hey, even my mum is not good at English, we also listen Lene¡¦s songs and say GOOD! Yes! Music is the universal language.
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  14:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko
quote:
One of the amazing thing about Lene is: Her songs can be played again and again, but don't feel boring. Isn't it cool?

That's what all Lene fans (have to) say at least one time in life to be her fans

Then I'd better go ahead and say it since I don't belive I have: You know, Lene Marlins music can be played over and over again, without getting old. Fantastic.

And welcome to the forum Adrianshan!

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  16:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Adrian.
I am from Hong Kong too.

You see, Marko. Lene is having her way to international!

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  18:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello Adrian.
Hong Kong's a really nice place, and Lene's a really lovely singer.

Hope you enjoy this place. It's all thanks to the biggies Marko and so on! A huge thanks to them!

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  06:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ah,

It¡¦s so nice to find friend who likes Lene, especially in Hong Kong. All of my friends do not know Lene, maybe because they just listen Cantonese songs.

Can I ask you a question, Marcustro
Are you an English speaking person?¡¥Cause I wonder is the language affects people¡¦s listening taste? But it seems no, Lene has fans all around the world. Can¡¦t figure it out?

Anyway, hope you guys are all well!

Go to Top of Page

abidhaq
Fan

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2004 :  16:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi adrain.

do u have family in the UK.

what did you think of the UK and the music.
Go to Top of Page

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2004 :  05:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi abidhaq,

I do not have family in UK, I went there two years before was an exchange programme formed by my University in HK, and the University of Leeds. Though I made friends in UK, which's a very nice experience.

Um...Uk's music, I know dance music is quite popular in UK, maybe the pub and club culture, but I don't like it very much, sometimes I am quite scar of the dance bit, it makes me headache. Pop songs are still there, just because the huge commerical market. Besides that, there are some indie or not the commerical musicans, they played quite well (I think), and also country music, I don't think in HK, it's many people know this kind of music.

In general, I would say I have more chance to know different kinds of musicians in UK than in HK, maybe the reason is Hk's market is too small, people would like to go to China, Japan, Taiwan and other South-Asian countries. And more important is that the most of HK audience they use their eyes to listen music .

It seems quite upset, but I still believe good music could survive!

How about you and the others' opinion? Feel free to share it.

Take care guys!
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  21:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a pure Hong Kong person, Adrian.
But I always listen to English music and I often say English.

The language? @3@ Hmm.. It could be. The most reason why certain amount of Hong Kong people turn to English music (probably Lene!) is the QUALITY of Music. I don't mean Hong Kong music is kind of crap, but they are relatively weak when you compare to music outside Hong Kong.

Also, Lene Marlin and Marit Larsen is both great girl. Very cute sometimes, Very hot sometimes and very rock sometimes. ^_^ So, I like Lene Marlin and Marit Larsen.

Yes, I like to share too. :))))))))))))))))))

-UK's Music.
They are good. I wait to see a longer discussion.

p.s Recently, Lene Marlin Italian forum is more popular and a lot of new visitor comes and leave messages!

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

abidhaq
Fan

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  23:37:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I tend to listen to more American Singers than the UK, due to the fact that UK music has a lot of terrible singers and pop groups which dominate the top 10, whereas I'm guessing its not the same in US.

UK - Pop!, cheeky girls, Atomic Kitten, Westlife.

Wheras US - Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Usher
Go to Top of Page

Marcustro
Fan

Hong Kong
190 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  18:43:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my God! :)))))))))))))))))))))))
Sure. UK music may not be the best, but some of them is quite nice.

------------
LENE MARLIN!
Simply the best!
Go to Top of Page

norskelgen
Fan

France
130 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  00:41:03  Show Profile  Click to see norskelgen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey!!!

you are forgetting oasis,blur,franz ferdinand,so many more f**king good bands from UK !!!
sure it's on the top10 for most of them...
but here the 1st of the top 40 is tjis romanian band(o-zone)...now you see how poor is our country for business' music ...
fortunatly there are" some bands off of that way,and i listen to them ...
well,it sucks ... i talked with a professional of music industry not that far,and i asked him why do we have only shits on the radio...and he answered me that "people want shit,so we are doing shit,and shit is working..." that's a pity ...
i hate this wold where we are living ... if only we could be few people "en marge" of this world,i could create a new world...but theer is too much sins to humanity in this world...we are infected as far as we can breath and see the blood runs in our body...i hate this world ...

I cry my tears
But they're not for you
Playing a game
I know you've done too
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2004 :  17:02:01  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, reality bites. Humans are barbarians. We talked about evolution and the humanity of mankind, when look at what happened in Iraq? That's the first sign of it. Soon the Americans might be attacked, and then World War Three might begin... we're going back to our barbaric state, where we lived like animals in caves and just hunted and preyed on others... we probably won't go back to spears and stuff, but guns and nuclear weapons are worse.

Shit, you say? Well few people appreciate "non-shitty" things. There're plenty of good bands out there that have real talent, but most people want shit. People that are good and exceptionally talented never really get extremely famous, like Lene. It doesn't seem she got as big as that silly Britney, who has no talent whatsoever except maybe copying what is "in"...

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

Comme le monde est grand.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.65 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000