Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  17:47:52  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So... i compose my own e-mail? I'll try, but it might come out weird, since i'm only used to writing formal letters. It'll come out like i'm trying to ask them to let me host a party on their land or something...

[Edit] I sent something like this... (forgot to save it; hope i can remember it)

The Staff of 4FM,

It would be a great pleasure for me if you could play Lene Marlin's "Unforgivable Sinner". It's a really, really nice song, and it's even more delightful to be heard on the radio! Your radio station is very pleasurable, with lovely DJs and wonderfully coordinated airplays. May you just grant my one request? It would be so very kind of you to play Lene Marlin's songs, preferrably "Unforgivable Sinner", more often. Thanks. :)

Sincerely,
Helios.
Malaysia.

That's it. I think it varies a little but it's pretty much the same. You think i left anything out? After i sent it i came back here, and then i realised i'd forgotten to put that US was number one in Japan! Do you think it'll affect their decision? I hope not...

Anyway, hope that helped. I'll plead my sister to send one too. She's a fan of Lene... she got me into adoring Lene, actually.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol.

The path of access leads to the Tower of Wisdom.

I just want you to know who i am...

Comme le monde est grand.

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 07 Sep 2004 18:07:03
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  00:32:07  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So... i compose my own e-mail?

I'm sure i'm not good at that at all...
I once sent ACD Systems a request...it didn't turn out good,

Although I'll try.....(Anyone know where I can find some sample's? )

I won't say anything...Judge this urself...
-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  10:35:02  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Eh... you can copy mine up there ^|^ if it's good enough, that is. Just make sure to stuff some praise in there about their radio or something... they're sure to be really pleased. Maybe that'll help increase the chances of them playing Lene's songs.

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 08 Sep 2004 10:36:13
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2004 :  19:39:58  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about this:

Dear Wim Weetjes,

I've been listining to your excellent radioprogram on saterday en sunday morning ('De Nummer 1 show', using the internet off course). If I understood you correctly, I think people can do suggest what songs they like to hear. I have a suggestion for your show:
Lene Marlin - You Weren't There.
This song was as well in Norway as in Italy on Number 1.
Other songs that became number 1: Unforgivable Sinner (Norway and Japan), Where I' m Headed (Norway and France), Another Day (Norway and Italy) and naturally also Sitting Down Here (only that song you already play enough imho) and we fans really want to hear some other song of Lene Marlin. As a member of her fan-club, we try to get Lene as much on the radio as possible. Hoping you honor my request,

with kind greetings
(your name)

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2004 :  09:24:30  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's pretty good. I'll try it. Tell us whether the e-mails take effect!

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2004 :  13:12:39  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to copy one of yours and edit it...
orelse I'll send one of those "street style" e-mails of mine...which i dont think will work really well

I won't say anything...Judge this urself...
-I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and that we should just support him (From a Gum chewing Britney Spears)
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  18:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meriadoc

that makes somebody happy toke place twice this week: I went to my local supermarket. They play music, but it's not a radiostation but a selection of songs somebody choose. Twice this week I heard YWT. Apparently, the person(s) who select the music, have very good taste.
Some people who saw me, wandered why I had such a big smile.

I don't listen to radio, but I have it as wake-up signal on my alarm clock. A couple of times there has been Lene songs on it when it goes of. And there's no better way to wake up than by suprise to a Lene song.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Darksky
Fan

France
156 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  21:44:39  Show Profile  Click to see Darksky's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I went to Norway, when the plane landed, they played "another day" in the plane..And when I came back, they played "unforgivable sinner"!

**gjorde det vondt da du falt ned fra himmelen?**
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2004 :  10:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

That's pretty good. I'll try it. Tell us whether the e-mails take effect!

The good news: they played Lene yesterday.
The sad news: it was once again SDH. They refuse to play another song of her, making her look like a one hit wonder
I'm getting so mad if they do that. Lene is so much more than SDH!

--
Just the way we are
Falling down

Edited by - Meriadoc on 19 Sep 2004 10:13:14
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2004 :  13:45:31  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So on our mails we should focus on her other songs right?
like adding a "Please use othe Lene Marlin song like...."
(or something like that)

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2004 :  18:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh damn. What's so hard about playing some other song? You think perhaps they only have SDH in their records? Or just SDH and YWT, since you said they played it before. But i think that's not the reason...

Or perhaps we should all write a chain letter, and forward it along... to show that many people agree with the fact that they should play it. As each person forwards it, he/she should add another short letter beneath, saying that he/she sincerely wants that radio station to play another Lene song.

Hope this suggestion helps. Needn't get worked up, Meriadoc. Lene deserves more, and, eventually, she will get more.

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  06:36:35  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Superfan

So on our mails we should focus on her other songs right?
like adding a "Please use othe Lene Marlin song like...."
(or something like that)

That's the plan.

--
Just the way we are
Falling down
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  07:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

Oh damn. What's so hard about playing some other song? You think perhaps they only have SDH in their records? Or just SDH and YWT, since you said they played it before. But i think that's not the reason...

They played both YWT and AD before. YWT got a lot of airplay when it was released. Now they only play SDH. They have other songs too, because I gave them the full-CD (AD).

quote:
Or perhaps we should all write a chain letter, and forward it along... to show that many people agree with the fact that they should play it. As each person forwards it, he/she should add another short letter beneath, saying that he/she sincerely wants that radio station to play another Lene song.

Hope this suggestion helps. Needn't get worked up, Meriadoc. Lene deserves more, and, eventually, she will get more.

I agree. We could sent e-mails to more comperes: michel.follet@4FM.be, stefan.ackermans@4FM.be and tim.tuboville@4FM.be
Hopefully this will work.

--
Just the way we are
Falling down
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  05:02:10  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meriadoc

I agree. We could sent e-mails to more comperes: michel.follet@4FM.be, stefan.ackermans@4FM.be and tim.tuboville@4FM.be
Hopefully this will work.

Hmmm... so we should send the same e-mails, requesting Lene's songs, to those respective radio stations? Sounds like a pretty good idea... onto it!

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2004 :  02:02:23  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
but wait aren't those guys related?
they can easily take it as spam...
I'll try spreading it out through the diffrent communities I'm in...

- - The fear that flows through soul & flesh...Silent hill - -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000