New article!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  13:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a new article about Lene on VG-nett! Could somebody please translate? Thank you very much.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=244587

--
Just the way we are
I guess you've seen it now
A mirror of ourselves sure makes us weird
Falling down
From a mountain of fright

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  13:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meriadoc

There is a new article about Lene on VG-nett! Could somebody please translate? Thank you very much.
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=244587

Too late: there's a translation on http://www.lene-marlin.no/
It doesn't have much good news though.

--
Just the way we are
Falling down
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  14:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

It doesn't have much good news though.

No, you're right about that...

The promotion work on AD was suspended in April already. Why didn't they make a preparation for an Asian tour like they had originally planned back in January?

AD has sold very good in Taiwan and Korea, among other places. Would it have been too costly to arrange for a trip there?

Some of these decisions are not very understandable, and doesn't do Lene's career much good.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  16:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't be so sad, people. It's all news we already knew, apart how much she earned. I'm happy for that
We had some bad news today, too: first, the box-set won't be released in Italy any more. And second, perhaps a tour will begin only after a 3rd album, could be next year.
In any case, I don't think Lene will relax another entire year, in the DVD she said she looked forward to record the next album. She also said in interviews that she wanted absolutely do this tour, but we know she needs many time.
We have to wait, as I said many times. In the meantime, there's a fresh album and a DVD to listen to thousands of times

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 13 Sep 2004 16:33:10
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  17:16:40  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Argh. I guess i'll have to wait for quite some time before i get to see her in Asia again. Lene!!!

Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  01:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the article:

"What Marlin will be doing in the time ahead, Johansen don't know, he claims, despite that the artist is still under contract with EMI Music Norway.

- Lene is relaxing. She is not doing anything for the time being, the EMI director states.

- The most important thing now is that Lene herself finds out what she wants as an artist, Johansen states, who informs that Another Day has sold 450.000, even though the real sales figure over counters in stores probably is lower."

Judging from this article, you kinda get the impression that Lene's career as an artist is indefinitely suspended, that she might return some time in the future, when she has "found out what she wants as an artist", like Johansen says.

quote:
In any case, I don't think Lene will relax another entire year, in the DVD she said she looked forward to record the next album. She also said in interviews that she wanted absolutely do this tour, but we know she needs many time.

I wish I could remain as big an optimist as you are, Marco. My feeling is that she wont return in at least a couple of years, this seems just so similar to last time she "took a break". We're heading for another long, cold winter it seems. (Yeah I might of course be completely wrong- lets hope so)

I notice that some of the Italians seem to have realised that Lene only appears every five years or so, and so they have taken to find Lene-substitutes to shorten the waiting time. At least that's the only reason I can think of why some Italian Lene-fans have even started a web site for the very average Norwegian singer Venke Knutson. Better one mediocre Venke in the hand than a brilliant but inaccessible Lene in the bush seems to be the philosophy here.
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  03:38:07  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Man,
When will there be some good news & ideas get posted in these forums...
I remember my own topic about getting worried,Little Lene's topic about...
just when will there be some real good news?

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  07:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, there's good news that at least Lene is happy, and alive.

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  11:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Geno

Better one mediocre Venke in the hand than a brilliant but inaccessible Lene in the bush seems to be the philosophy here.

He-he, this is so true...

I want to be an optimist, but the history speaks for itself. I would guess we will have to wait an indefinite period of time before any new Lene music or events (like a live tour) appear.

Yes, we have 'Another Day' and the brilliant DVD (which I play almost every single day - still equally fresh and wonderful one year after release), but this doesn't remedy the fact that Lene will most probably be gone for a significant amount of time.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  19:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Geno could be right, the tone of Virgin Norway's chief seems to be like Lene will take another long break, and we know she wanted to publish another album before the age of 35...
But this time there wouldn't be a justification for the waiting, no crack or need to reconsider her carrier. Lene is well and knows what she wants, so there's nothing we can do.
But we know 2 things: music is a great part of her life and she wants people to listen to her songs (and sometimes she needs to play for someone) We also know this time all went good and Lene had some good plans for her near future. So, why should she suspend everything and begin all the work again (new songs, new confidence with public life ecc.) in 3 or 4 years, for ex.?
I think that would be a bit self-destructive: next time less people than now will remember here. It would be more logical do another little effort for her 3rd album (with no need to promote it so much this time) and then she would have also enough songs for a tour. Afterwards she could take a long break or close her carrier, if she wants (even if I don't see a strong reason to do it).
That would be my reasoning and obviously my hope. Know Lene has her own life and does reason in another way perhaps. So what can I say? As last resource, I hope that her good friends will have some convincing words for her once again.

P.s. I still hope in some good words of her manager sometimes in the next months.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 14 Sep 2004 19:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Meriadoc
Fan

Belgium
489 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  20:27:50  Show Profile  Visit Meriadoc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

Geno could be right, the tone of Virgin Norway's chief seems to be like Lene will take another long break, and we know she wanted to publish another album before the age of 35...
But this time there wouldn't be a justification for the waiting, no crack or need to reconsider her carrier. Lene is well and knows what she wants, so there's nothing we can do.

Having read the article a few times, I have the impression it's all about speculation rather than facts. But at this point I fear most of us ar speculating what Lene is planning to do in the future. Like I wrote here before: I don't need to know something from her personal life, but she should give us more information about her career.
quote:
But we know 2 things: music is a great part of her life and she wants people to listen to her songs (and sometimes she needs to play for someone) We also know this time all went good and Lene had some good plans for her near future. So, why should she suspend everything and begin all the work again (new songs, new confidence with public life ecc.) in 3 or 4 years, for ex.?
I think that would be a bit self-destructive: next time less people than now will remember here. It would be more logical do another little effort for her 3rd album (with no need to promote it so much this time) and then she would have also enough songs for a tour. Afterwards she could take a long break or close her carrier, if she wants (even if I don't see a strong reason to do it).
That would be my reasoning and obviously my hope. Know Lene has her own life and does reason in another way perhaps. So what can I say? As last resource, I hope that her good friends will have some convincing words for her once again.

The waiting takes much: personaly if been saving both money and holidays in the hope she might still go on tour this year. It's the lack of any news from her that makes the waiting so damn hard. And the little news we get is so vague. The article about her birthday is not the kind of news I really want to read. It's too much of her private life.
quote:
P.s. I still hope in some good words of her manager sometimes in the next months.

Not good words: exact plans for the future. No vague promises.
It would be a good thing if Lene started to communicate a little more with her fans.

--
Just the way we are
Falling down

Edited by - Meriadoc on 14 Sep 2004 20:54:26
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  08:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

It would be a good thing if Lene started to communicate a little more with her fans.

That is the exact problem. Lene is too secretive. She doesn't like to talk about herself (that's what i can see so far) whether it's about her career or her private life. She doesn't exactly expect her music to have much reception; she just likes making her albums, as a hobby. I don't think she can promise us anything, as she doesn't exactly take her fans into account (hopefully i'm wrong, but this is what i presume). From my point of view, she just sees this as a hobby, a pastime to fulfil her passion for music. She doesn't really see any point of working much on it.

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  12:52:09  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with helios ^^

Go to Top of Page

Little Lene
Fan

Norway
159 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2004 :  18:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Little Lene's Homepage  Click to see Little Lene's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OKay this is my thoughts...Lene says in many interwievs that she is ore creative, and she write new songs now, because the tempo Lene works now is more comfortable for her... we all know that it not just JUST to make an album! Maybe Lene work in this comfortable tempo now, and yeah, with a 3rd album?

Hope you see my thoughts:P

========================Lene Marlin - The Norwegian Northlight
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000