Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  17:19:31  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://194.19.42.59/Slaves_for_Westlife/videos/interviews/drinking_competition.WMV

I don't like it

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  18:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What the?!!!!!!!!

Is this true? If i find Westlife's telling crap i'll make sure each and every one of them look like !!!!!!!!

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  18:48:34  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helios Rietberg

What the?!!!!!!!!

Is this true? If i find Westlife's telling crap i'll make sure each and every one of them look like !!!!!!!!

I reacted in the same way! It does not look like the Westlife guys are being honest at all!

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  20:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't understand what they say, but I remember years ago (2001) we knew about this interview where Westlife said they had met Lene in a pub and made a challenge who would drink more beer. I think it was invented. Perhaps Lene was still bad that time, but I don't think she was solving her problems drinking beer.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

Luke
Fan

Italy
45 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  21:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marko

I don't understand what they say, but I remember years ago (2001) we knew about this interview where Westlife said they had met Lene in a pub and made a challenge who would drink more beer. I think it was invented. Perhaps Lene was still bad that time, but I don't think she was solving her problems drinking beer.

Yeah, I remember it, too and I guess this clip, that it's the first time I've the chance to watch, is referred to that, even if at the beginning they speak about the Nobel concert (if I'm right about the meaning of the sentence because the start is a bit cut). It really sounds like an invented story and I think what they say isn't real, even if I fail to see why Westlife started to spread this rumour around. Weird way to joke, according to me...

"I don't know your face no more
Or feel the touch that I adore
I don't know your face no more
It's just a place I'm lookin' for"

Keane - "We might as well be strangers"

Edited by - Luke on 14 Sep 2004 22:19:50
Go to Top of Page

Darksky
Fan

France
156 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2004 :  23:37:28  Show Profile  Click to see Darksky's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think it was invented. Perhaps Lene was still bad that time, but I don't think she was solving her problems drinking beer.

Btw, couldnt see the video..The page was white...

But anyway, Lene is young, that she is having fun and drinking beer doesn't make her a person that is depressed and trying to avoid her probs. It's not that bad, and Norwegians have a different drinking culture than Southern countries. Getting drunk durin a party or the weekend doesnt make u an alcoholic. So take it easy, maybe as said Marko, she wasnt good when (if) it happened, but don't make fast conclusions..Maybe when it happened (if it did), she just was a normal young lady havin fun, enjoying life...

**gjorde det vondt da du falt ned fra himmelen?**
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  08:07:49  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay, now that i've calmed down... yeah, perhaps you, Marko, and Darksky, are right. Maybe Lene was just having some fun, if it ever happened...

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  12:49:52  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I don't have a problem with Lene having fun...
but why should those...(censored)...start takin about it...or telling it?

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  13:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... they're idiots who have nothing better to do?

Look, i'll tell you guys, the first time they came to Malaysia and Singapore when they were still really new, they were really really polite, nice and well-mannered.

When they were famous they came back. They made a promise to meet a reporter for an interview at about 12 noon, but were so fabulously late by two hours. When they finally returned they let the reporter into their hotel room and took the presents that their fans had given them to throw at her! I say, is that not outrageous?

Idiots, i declare them. They just want publicity, whether well gotten or not.

Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  18:11:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darksky

quote:
But anyway, Lene is young, that she is having fun and drinking beer doesn't make her a person that is depressed and trying to avoid her probs. It's not that bad, and Norwegians have a different drinking culture than Southern countries. Getting drunk durin a party or the weekend doesnt make u an alcoholic. So take it easy, maybe as said Marko, she wasnt good when (if) it happened, but don't make fast conclusions..Maybe when it happened (if it did), she just was a normal young lady havin fun, enjoying life...

I agree completly. If it happend it was probarbly not a big deal. And Lene might just have a bigger tolerance to alcohol, who knows. But I actually neither know or care if this story is true. But I don't think that highly of Westlife so I wouldn't be supprised if it was invented. Anyway I don't think this is something to make a big deal of.

[quote]Originally posted by Helios RietbergHmmm... they're idiots who have nothing better to do?

Agreed. They truley are idiots those guys. I've heard them say some pretty strange stuff.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Darksky
Fan

France
156 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  22:54:08  Show Profile  Click to see Darksky's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was in Norway for almost 3 months and got drunk like never before in my whole life and I swear to u Im not an alcoholic, I never drink when Im home..Just that I got into the Norwegian party mood when I was there! So no big deal with the Lene's beer chalenge if it's true!

Go to Top of Page

Darksky
Fan

France
156 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  22:56:59  Show Profile  Click to see Darksky's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe Westlife fantasized about Lene. we'll never know anyway.

Go to Top of Page

norskelgen
Fan

France
130 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2004 :  23:45:06  Show Profile  Click to see norskelgen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
norwegian people are one of the most alcoholic i've ever meet!!!! so,like darksky said,i won't be so surprised that lene get very drunk once or more!!

I cry my tears
But they're not for you
Playing a game
I know you've done too
Go to Top of Page

staalorm
Fan

Norway
32 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2004 :  05:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beer is culture in Norway, just like in Germany.
Each area of Norway has one or more local brands dominating sales. So for Lene she would swear to the Tromsø-beer "Mack" actually a very good beer with many flavours and awards.
Long, icecold, snow-covered and dark winters in the north draws us together for good times and beer to thaw our bodies. Nature is tough, we are tough and Lene is tough.

Skål!
Staalorm
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2004 :  06:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staalorm

Nature is tough, we are tough and Lene is tough.

Beautiful sentence. I guess extreme forces of nature make people have to resort to other things. Just like here... when it's so hot, we Malaysian people love to soak in swimming pools and lick at ice-cream! Also, snow houses make a lot of money.

Go to Top of Page

Adrianshan
Fan

Hong Kong
21 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2004 :  19:31:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey hey guys, what is a big deal, whether Lene can drink very much or not, everyone have their own life style, just like staalorm said it is one of the culture from Norway, so no need to be surprise or depress.

Like what Lene said, she's just a normal girl, she would do what the others do in the leisure time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000