Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  02:47:36  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Has Lene ever said anything about going on fans web sites her self, or has this question been asked a million times before?........

or she could be ninja hidding as one of us !

Pleaseeee Lene,Dont sink my battleship

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  10:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heh, well, the question hasn't been asked too often, i think, but i think she has visited this site at least once or twice.

Or she could be a ninja.

My Angels of Light have long left me,
Yet the darkness of the path is queer,
Where have they escaped for purity?
Leading to what i hold so dear
This blinding light glaring in my sight,
Mystery of the unseen so hard to unravel,
Though i struggle to see with all my might.
To where i will go, through time and travel.

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  14:07:49  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well she does know that Karate (sorry I dont remember the name) thing...
could it be?

- - The fear that flows through soul & flesh...Silent hill - -
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  14:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Taekwondo...

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  15:08:48  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lene, If you ever see this >>>

Msg from Moderator: Custard, have you suddenly gone mad or what??
First, you can't post such things here, it's an official site and anyway gross words are not allowed. And 2nd, respect moderator's decisions, please.

Poor me, floating out to sea, come on and see, how far I can set myself free

Edited by - Marko on 25 Oct 2004 00:57:25
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2004 :  00:20:51  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some star's do post on there fan sites, I wonder why Lene doesn't ?

Poor me, floating out to sea, come on and see, how far I can set myself free
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2004 :  22:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how interesting it would be to post openly in your own forum. But if I had a forum deticated to me I would atleast read it from time to time and probarbly even write there as a ninja

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2004 :  22:54:31  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hmmmm me monkey is hard thinking

Come on Lene, Don't give up now

We all live in a beautiful world

Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  21:40:54  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Looking back when Lene went on a brake for 4 years, I think it would have been a good idea if Lene posted something then or given (dare I say it), update to http://www.lenemarlin.com by E-mail or anything to give us fans something to keep us all going and following her.

Now I don’t want to see down on Lene but I hope people don’t take this the wrong way.

I think Lene is the best but sometimes I think she doesn’t deserve some of her fans, looking at all the people efforts and time gone into making fan sites, E-mailing EMI/Virgin sending flowers etc…etc.. When she doesn’t even post nor e-mails anyone for 4 years.

What I’m trying to say is this, when she first started (The days of playing my game) she deserve all the fans if not more, but I’m >>ONLY<< talking about the 4 years of nothing, I know she wasn’t well, but one hour out of 4 years, come on people!!

Also what I’m also trying to say is, I’m very astonish with everyone who was a fan of Lene when she first start until now, I think most stars would give a arm or leg to have you guy’s on their side, well done to you all.

Ending point-----------------------

The past is the past and there is nothing we can change but I just wanted to get that off my chest, it’s been on there for ages. AND PLUS LENE WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST.

Now reading back the word "deserve " is a bit 2 strong, but I can't think of any other word.

EDIT AGAIN--->>> what about "be worthy of such a large fan base" is better then "deserve"

To tell you the truth, I’m now thinking of deleting this because it looks anti Lene, which was intended, hmmm I’m worried about the response now…and the small chance of Lene reading this…………ahhh I’m sorry!!!

Edited by - custard555 on 08 Nov 2004 22:01:35
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  22:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the only thing Lene ever have to do to deserve me as a fan is to write that wonderful music she writes.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"

Edited by - Tarnim on 08 Nov 2004 23:03:06
Go to Top of Page

custard555
Fan

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  23:37:40  Show Profile  Visit custard555's Homepage  Click to see custard555's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay, maybe I should have put it forward as a question;
Why didn’t Lene have any communication with her fans over the 4 years gap?

Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  06:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She didn't like the attention; she just wasn't used to it, couldn't handle it. And she didn't know how to say no... i mean, how often is it in your life that you get a hit single that's played ten times in a day on the same radio station? And she didn't just have one hit single; she had three in the times of PMG.

As we all know, Lene doesn't write the music to make money and attract fans; she makes it because it's her hobby. She knows she has fans, but she doesn't really need them much, since she's not out to sell records. I know it sounds weird to us, but jump in her shoes and think : "If i'm not out to make money, why should go around the place promoting myself?"

I'm sure she's grateful to have such a large fan base and things, but she's no Britney Spears who's all out to make money. She just likes the music she makes, and perhaps she could actually make someone's day by making a record instead of just keeping it to herself. It's great to make someone happy, you know. It's just great to see the smile breaking up on someone's face you make a masterpiece in anything; in everything. It's great to see those people cheering and clapping for you to play another song... it's lovely, really, making music. I'm sure Lene herself would agree.

But over those four years, her disappearance was the result of too much fame, in too short a span of time. And, well, making people happy is one thing, but making people happy at the expense of your own happiness is not a good thing. She just thought that, well, perhaps she needed a break. And i don't think she'd want to make contact with her fans then because she was afraid that maybe some of us, some of us who can't see from her point of view, would pester her to make another album, to come out and promote herself and stuff, when she just wasn't in the right state.

Lene is unique; very unique, as an artist. She's not out to make money; from my point of view, she's out to share what talent God bestowed her with, and hopefully to make someone's day. A smile to your neighbour can make his or her day; so why not play them a song? It'd bring even more happiness, i'm sure. If you're angry, it brings relief and calms your soul. If you're feeling idyllic, it sends you off to illusion land. And if you just have nothing to do and like listening to music, it makes your life just a little bit better. What's better than something so beautiful and so brilliant, like that?

Edited by - Helios Rietberg on 09 Nov 2004 06:40:06
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  10:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lene may not have spoken much in the "four years gap", but we should remember she was actually beginning work on Another Day already in 2002, just 2 years after her last public appearance in Feb 2000.

During the course of summer/early fall of 2002, she began the preliminary meetings with producer Mike Hedges and the guys at Wessex Studios in London, and began recording the first song, "Disguise" (ref. DVD), I'd guess in October 2002. In April/May 2003, the recordings were finished, the album finalized with "My Love", and the promotion began with YWT on July 18, 2003.

So the "four years gap" is for us, the fans, not for her, because she was working even back then. She just didn't tell anyone :)

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  16:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Custard, you made the most difficult question for a fan of Lene. Many of us (the older fans) had to confront several times with such or similar questions in the past years. And it wasn't easy to understand.
Once again, Helios gave the best articulated answer, couldn't explain better. Yes, Lene is really unique.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

the girl next door
Fan

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  18:07:16  Show Profile  Send the girl next door a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First of all, hello, I'm new

To give my opinion on this topic, I think that the reason why Lene didn't communicate with her fans during the time that she was away is because she is a rather shy and reserved person who found all the attention that was heaped upon her rather difficult to deal with. I mean, she developed psychological problems after the success of PMG. I think she's the kind of person who might find talking to her 'fans' very difficult because it just seems ridiculous to her that she could be somebody's 'idol'. To her, she's just a normal person like you and me, therefore she might feel uneasy talking about herself and revealing her plans to the public. Plus, I think she's a very private person as well and might not necessarily like everybody to know what she's doing.

Besides, Lene doesn't owe us anything personally, even if we do buy her albums and go to her performances. She's just doing her job. Outside of her professional obligations, she doesn't really have to communicate with her fans if she doesn't want to. I realise that fans normally expect more of their idols than this, but there's no rule that says that Lene has to be like the rest of them. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we can't expect from her what we might be able to expect from other artists, and that that's her right because it's her life. She never asked for attention, dedication or gifts from her fans, and she really doesn't have to dedicate time to them either if she doesn't want to.

Lene's got quite a take-it-or-leave-it attitude about herself; she's not like some artists who are all out to shore up their popularity. I think that's healthy. It says to me that she's not an attention-whore whose self-esteem depends on the adulation of others. If she's still here ten years from now, it will be because of her talent.

Of course, I'm not in her mind and I don't know how she thinks. But for me, it's no longer important why she did or didn't communicate with us during those four long years. I know that we waited for her second album for a long time, but I don't think it makes sense for us to feel hurt or to blame Lene for not giving us news about herself during the time that she was away. It's not that I think that she's perfect no matter what she does, it's just that I don't think that she did anything 'wrong' or that her behaviour really needs explaining beyond what she has already told us via interviews and such. I think that this is just the way she is.
Go to Top of Page

Pegasus_TDCi
Lene.it staff / Moderator

Italy
168 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2004 :  23:05:11  Show Profile  Visit Pegasus_TDCi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome on board girl next door.

The topic has been living with us for a while, so I guess we might have to deal with it again inside us sometimes. But I appreciate your words, girl next door, and agree with your point of view. Both you and Helios explained your thoughts in an effective and clear manner, I couldn't have said it better.

Hey what do you think of me now?
Am I not like I once
were
Still if you don't
know me,
what's the
story of this pen
I guess you're not a
stranger
and I can tell you're not a
friend
It might take a