Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  15:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2003/08/21/376509.html

Could someone please translate this article. I understand something, but it's important to have a good translation. Thanks!

This is Lene Marlin, an angel sent on Earth to sing with celestial voice the endless beauty of Paradise.
Hearing to her voice lets us come nearer to perfection.

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  15:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And we also don't have a translation of this interview (and of many other articles ):
http://www.nrk.no/forsida/nyheter/2955679.html
If someone would be so nice...

This is Lene Marlin, an angel sent on Earth to sing with celestial voice the endless beauty of Paradise.
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  17:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya! I can speak some Norwegian so I'll have a go at translating the first one there tonight. It shouldn't take long, its only a small article. The second one I tried to look at too but there was nothing there (??) Maybe its just my computer or something...

Hayley
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  18:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
The second one contains an audio-video file. You have to download it. There is a little interview alternated with parts of the song YWT.

Edited by - Marko on 21 Aug 2003 18:28:43
Go to Top of Page

memo
Fan

Norway
77 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  19:12:22  Show Profile  Visit memo's Homepage  Click to see memo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
first article:

Hands her self over on the new record
- Lene Marlin doesn't like to talk about herself,
but isn't afraid to hand over herself in her own lyrics.
Dagbladet has listened to her new record

She uses the words "me, i and you" in all the ten songs.
It's about confidence, comfort, and about working hard.
Even if Lene Marlin is closed in herself, in interview's,
she opens up in her lyrics.
On "Another Day", she's talking about hard times, and warm feelings.

- "I write very personal lyrics. I believe I would have handed myself over too much, if I didn't hide what is about me, and what is about others in the lyrics", she said to Dagbladet in August.

About emptyness:
Many of the lyrics, are about the need to be normal.
In the song "Disguise", it's about the need to hide herself, but also about optimism, and knowing that in the end, things will turn out fine.

"Have you ever felt somekind of emptyness inside?", she sings, "have you ever had this wish, to be somewhere else?" and "Have you ever seen your face, in a mirror theres a smile, but inside your'e just a mess, you feel far from good."

This is what she asks the listener about, before she insures you:
"I am okay..I really am now."

Melancholy and hope:
"Fight against the hours" is about yearning, depression and a person promising to come, but never did.
The person described in the song, is afraid to sleep, and desperatly sticks to the good memories, to not need sleep.

In "Story" it's about an ending of a relationship, because of feelings that's changed.

But the record is far from ONLY melancholic..Lene also sings about finding strength in herself and others.

"Faces" is a love testimony, with light, bright moods and remarks like:
"I'm okay with you.."

In "My Love" there is a hopeful Lene Marlin we are listening to, and in "From this day", she promises faithfulness, support and trust.
"From this day on, I will stay with you" she sings.

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  19:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much.
They're also waiting on mbuzz, there's nina who translates there, but we could spare her this work.
I'll give them the link to our sites

Edited by - Marko on 21 Aug 2003 21:39:49
Go to Top of Page

tefjohs
Fan

Norway
26 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  21:29:30  Show Profile  Visit tefjohs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a translation of the NRK Dagsrevyen interview (video), enjoy:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lene Marlin as a "Saturday night special guest",

NRK Dagsrevyen (Aug 2003)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporter: "Lene Marlin is back, and never before has the interest in her person been greater than now. Many have pointed out that she is surprisingly happy this time around!"

Lene M: "I have...(very fast talking)...not smiled, right? I have laughed much at it, though. People are just calling me, wondering 'I haven't seen you out in 3 years'! I haven't just been sitting in a corner hiding and stayed away!"

(clip from YWT video)

Lene M: "Everything you do, really, is colored by the timeframe you're in, and the things you've experienced. Obviously, it will reflect upon what you do. My lyrics are...yeah, some are about me, and some are about others!"

(clip from YWT video)

Reporter: "A bit of the reason Lene withdrew was the huge influx from the media, something she pointed out in her speech of thanks at the Spellemann-awards in 2000."

Lene M. (at the 2000 Awards): "...but, unfortunately, there are things that are not that good, and that is, unfortunately, something my family has experienced. There are parts of the media that just can't let them in peace, and I'm very sorry that I've actually put them in that situation!"

Lene M: (back in the 2003 interview): "I have this naive thought now...(laughs)...incredibly stupid...but...it must be allowed to say 'no'!"

Reporter: "In two days, Lene has done over 30 interviews with the norwegian press, but that is apparently not enough!"

Lene M: "I had finished the day yesterday, and I got home after been sitting all day and just thinking...well, okay, now I'm going to go home and relax, and then I got home, and there...somebody was in a car!"

Reporter: "It seems that Lene succeeds musically this time around as well. Yesterday MTV decided to give Lene's video the highest rotation, that means getting played 65 times a week!"

Lene M: "I was hoping I could find back the joy I felt when I got into Hit40 for the first time. Then I just got...(sighs)...my body just tingled all over!"

(clip from YWT video)

THE END

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(translated by Tef Johs, Aug 21, 2003)
Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2003 :  21:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you a lot tefjohs!!
You people in Norway are really a good team

Go to Top of Page

memo
Fan

Norway
77 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  08:07:28  Show Profile  Visit memo's Homepage  Click to see memo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh you know is..always trying to help :P

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  09:13:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grrrrr..... I stayed in last night so I could translate that article, and I come into work this morning and its already been done. Oh well, at least I learnt some new words. By the way, in that interview, it must be slang or an idiom or something cause it doesn't make sense. "tunge tak", literally means "tongue roof", whats going on there then?? Can anyone tell me

Hayley
Go to Top of Page

JimS
Fan

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  12:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hayley

Grrrrr..... I stayed in last night so I could translate that article, and I come into work this morning and its already been done. Oh well, at least I learnt some new words. By the way, in that interview, it must be slang or an idiom or something cause it doesn't make sense. "tunge tak", literally means "tongue roof", whats going on there then?? Can anyone tell me

Hayley

"Tunge" does also mean heavy, Tung = Heavy
"Tak" could be translated to pull
which makes it "(...) a heavy pull (...)", like a struggle, battle if you know what I mean....

Did this make it better? :=)
Go to Top of Page

Hayley
Fan

37 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  13:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! So much, thats really nice of you! I'll have to write that one down.... : )
x x x x

Hayley
Go to Top of Page

JimS
Fan

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  14:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem!

Go to Top of Page

Marko

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  15:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome JimS!!

Has anyone other understood what Lene says at the beginning of the interview, when she talks fast?

P.s. I'm afraid Lene is still not completely over her paranoia. She feels persecuted. What do you think?
We should never hurry her.

Edited by - Marko on 22 Aug 2003 16:30:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000