Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Violet sky
Fan

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  17:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may not know this, being that this is the international forum, but Lene was in Milan today and appeared on MTV's Total Request Live.
The VJs made some pretty standard questions, followed by letting two fans up there with her (envious? Noooo, who's envious? By the way, I have to rebuild my room's wall and put some ice on my head).
Then they asked her some of the silliest questions I've ever heard a Vj ask a singer, culminating in asking... wait for it... what was the weirdest place she's ever had sex.
Now, all I want to say is, since Lene probably (hopefully) reads this forum sometimes...

Lene, I'm sorry!
Not all italians are like that, despite some of them apparently doing their best to prove the opposite.
We fans don't care about which places you've had sex, and think it's much too intimate a thing to reveal. It's just that at MTV they are pros at coming out with stupid questions.

_________

In the arms of the angel
Far away from here
From this dark cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort here

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  18:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That is about the worst thing I've ever heard. In my opinion, these people (MTV Italy?) should apologize to Lene.

It's totally disrespectful, Lene is there for her music and her new album, not there to answer idiotic questions like that. Out of curiousity, what on earth did she answer, or rather, how did she take it?

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  18:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the type of question you would ask someone like J.Lopez or Christina Aguilera (that is, if you care). It is not a question to ask someone like Lene. Apparently, this VJ has very little imagination, assuming that Lene is just like any other shallow, self-obsessed pop-singer.

But don't worry, I think Lene knows her real fans respect her.
Go to Top of Page

lenezone
Fan

Sweden
166 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  18:35:20  Show Profile  Visit lenezone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what the hell?
how did she react to that? did she say anything at all? I would not!

Lene Zone http://www.lenezone.cjb.net
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  19:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Lene. How can they ask such things to Lene?
I think it would be enough to look in her eyes, to understand what kind of person she is. But we noticed in the last weeks -by the way, nothing new- that there are many people (journalists, reviewers and so on) that cannot really do their job and make everything to seem pleasant, while they are stupid and also rude (a part from being totally unprofessional).
But those people sadly are everywhere, therefore Lene wasn't really upset or surprised by that question. She reacted in a great way (obviously saying she couldn't answer)

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene!
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  09:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How awful!!! How did she and the aduience react? She should have punched him in thew face and knocked his teeth out!

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Ryu
Fan

Italy
10 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  10:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Ryu's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you know who is this bastard???

Ryu.

http://danko156.tripod.com
danilo_ruffo@yahoo.it
Go to Top of Page

memo
Fan

Norway
77 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  10:56:06  Show Profile  Visit memo's Homepage  Click to see memo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
then again, it's their job to do this...
they probably aren't the ones writing the questions either :)

and it's silly to think Lene can't handle those sort of questions, she's a grown up woman who can handle her self.. she doesn't really need our protection, although we might like to think so ;)

sure, it probably wasn't the best thing to ask her, but it's nothing to make a whole fuzz about either..

-memo

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  14:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by memo

then again, it's their job to do this...
they probably aren't the ones writing the questions either :)

and it's silly to think Lene can't handle those sort of questions, she's a grown up woman who can handle her self.. she doesn't really need our protection, although we might like to think so ;)

sure, it probably wasn't the best thing to ask her, but it's nothing to make a whole fuzz about either..

-memo

http://www.lene-marlin.no

memo@lene-marlin.no

currently looking for news-posters!

It's not about protection. I'm sure Lene can handle those sort of questions, but to me it's still a very disrespectful question to ask someone in a TV-interwiev. And why is it their job to ask things like that? They should ask questions that people that is interested in Lene wants to know. They apeal to the wrong audience with those questions. She's no Britney Spears and shouldn't be treated as one.

-----
don't be afraid
Go to Top of Page

Freek
Fan

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  14:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watch the video, you can download it on Lene.it
Nevertheles she seemed to enjoy her time on trl.
And yes, they treated her like one would treat a mainstream teenage star. But this is MTV and those VJ's were typical MTV-VJ's, never forget.

Edited by - Freek on 10 Oct 2003 15:00:59
Go to Top of Page

HeartaBetta
Fan

Italy
80 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  16:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that question was asked by a fan so the announcer just HAD to read it as he read all the other questions. I think Lene didn't get offended, but only joked about it. But anyway, her face was so funny when she said " I can't answer that! Come on...Oh my God..". But, though she said she were shocked, it wasn't true at all, according to me. Anyway, Lene, if you read this messages, I suggest you take that question as a joke and forget it. Don't get offended...some fans are pervert.
Go to Top of Page

Pellissier
Fan

Italy
55 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  11:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree with Violet Sky. Just wanted to add myself to the apoligize's list, it's true that question was just sick and totally out of place. If you read Lene, wish you may forget it soon - pass by, don't dare to stop

--
Another day goes by
Will never know just wonder why
You made me feel good
Made me smile
Go to Top of Page

HIT
Fan

Germany
41 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  03:28:54  Show Profile  Send HIT an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
hey slow down a little bit
it's not that bad, i mean personally i would not ask such a question ( don't even care about ) but it's pretty usual for a TV interview

lene is just 23 years old, so she definitely understood that it was just a stupid joke...
and also if she didn't, we all know how much she earns, it's part of her job to hear questions like that too

"It is only within the context of having properly developed your mind that you will be able to truly enjoy the achievement of your material values, including that of a more muscular body." ---- Mike Mentzer

Go to Top of Page

f1list
Fan

Israel
13 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  09:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some questions shouldn't have been asked, and having been asked, should just be ignored and left unanswered.
what a waste of a question. there's so many things i would want to ask...
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  10:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HeartaBetta

Well, that question was asked by a fan so the announcer just HAD to read it as he read all the other questions.

No he didn't. I did not see the show myself, but I'm shoure that they sort questions out. Not every question gets answered. Imagine they would have got a threataning question, do you think they would have asked here that? They have absolutley no obligation or time to ask her all the questions that they get! The VJ:s should have done a better job in this situation when they interview an artist like Lene. And besides the person asking her that was probarbly not a real fan. A true fan of Lene should have asked a more interesting question!

-----
don't be afraid

Edited by - Tarnim on 12 Oct 2003 11:04:16
Go to Top of Page

HeartaBetta
Fan

Italy
80 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  11:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarnim

quote:
Originally posted by HeartaBetta

Well, that question was asked by a fan so the announcer just HAD to read it as he read all the other questions.

No he didn't. I did not see the show myself, but I'm shoure that they sort questions out. Not every question gets answered. Imagine they would have got a threataning question, do you think they would have asked here that? They have absolutley no obligation or time to ask her all the questions that they get! The VJ:s should have done a better job in this situation when they interview an artist like Lene. And besides the person asking her that was probarbly not a real fan. A true fan of Lene should have asked a more interesting question!

-----
don't be afraid

We are, at least apparently, in a democracy, do you agree?? So I think everybody has the right to participate and to be heard. So, the announcer HAD to read that question, it was up to Lene the decision to answer or not. Lene is a good girl, and everybody knows she wouldn't ever answer these kinds of questions, but in case she wanted to answer?????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000