Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

HeartaBetta
Fan

Italy
80 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  13:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you think Lene would be good to duet with?
For me, Lene should duet with the wonderful, GREAT...(all the best adjectives are for him)VILLE VALO, the singer of HIM.
HIM is definitely and absolutely my favourite group and Ville Valo is my favourite foreign singer together with Lene Marlin. And I like songs written by Ville Valo, as well as the songs written by Lene...both are full of melancholy but also of LOVE, though they are just expressed in two different ways.
What do you think? Who would you like Lene to duet with?

Confusion writhes around our hearts impatiently
It drains the faith that lights the dark and sets us free
From the chains of our war
And the pain we once called love

The poison of doubt enslaves our minds and we bleed
We abandon the trust that kept us blind and disappear
Under the crimson wings of hate
Where the lost are safe
Until they love again

The heart of darkness is hope of finding you there
And that hope will be our love's requiem

We pray to the serpent of delight desperately
The questions are answered and we try not to weep
Until we are sure
We're suffering for love

In the dungeon of our dreams we're so weak
The promise made to be broken still haunts our sleep
And we won't open our eyes
Afraid we would die for love again

The salvation we seek will be waiting us there
In the heart of darkness lonely and scared
With a promise of death for our love

And now that we're free
From the chains of our dear love
I'm lost

Take me into your arms
And sing me your beautiful song
Hold me until we're one
And sing me you're beautiful song

HIM "Love's requiem"

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  13:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would LOVE to se a duet with Lene Marlin and Jewel! I think that would be great. Their voices and singingstyles would work fine together. This would be perfect if Lene would like to promote her music in america since she's not knownen there but Jewel is. And the same for Jewel. She hasen't been a huge succses here so Lenes name could help her. This would be a perfect duest! To strong clever women with great musicaltalents.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2003 :  16:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two years ago there was this news about a possible duet of Lene with a secret, but important American songwriter. Many of us thought it could be Jewel (by the way, Jewel's last work was not good reviewed). Many others would see her together with Natalie Imbruglia, or similar artists.
I WANT TO SEE A DUET LENE-BONO.
It's Lene's dream and I think the dream of many other fans. We already talked about that. If someone could, we should at least let Bono know of Lene's wish.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene
Go to Top of Page

sandrine
Fan

France
89 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  02:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember that something like one year ago, one of the best and maybe the famous french singer/songwriter said that he wanted to work with foreigner artists and with Lene in particular. but she was too busy...
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  10:20:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, there's hope for the Lene-Jewel duet? How wonderful. And a Lene-Bono duet would be great to. How about this one: Lene-R.E.M.? That would realy rock!
P.S. About Jewels latest album: I've heard different reviuves. Some think it sucks, some think it's great. I'm one of the later. I've heard that she's been called a sellout with makes me very sad. 0304 is a very creativly driven album with attentintions to make something new, and she's sertinly succseded with that.

-----
don't be afraid
Go to Top of Page

Pellissier
Fan

Italy
55 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  12:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being a great fan of the U2, I really wish the duet Lene-Bono Vox will be realized one day

Another day goes by - Will never know just wonder why
You made me feel good - Made me smile
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  12:55:58  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard the latest Jewel album, but to me it does seem like a sell-out. I have the previous Jewel albums (or at least the first one), and it seems she had decided to turn around 180 degrees.

You can't just go from a "respectable" singer/song-writer to be a Britney Spears look-a-like from one album to the next without somebody reacting. I for one will stay away from that woman. However, this is just my opinion.

-----------------------------
tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
staff member, www.lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  13:24:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tef Johs

I haven't heard the latest Jewel album, but to me it does seem like a sell-out. I have the previous Jewel albums (or at least the first one), and it seems she had decided to turn around 180 degrees.

You can't just go from a "respectable" singer/song-writer to be a Britney Spears look-a-like from one album to the next without somebody reacting. I for one will stay away from that woman. However, this is just my opinion.

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no

Well if you haven't b even bothered to listen to the album maby you shouldn't classify her so quiqly. The lyrics are still Jewel-style. One of her main ambitions is to try to make popmusic more lyricdriven and combine modern music with folkmusic. It's, like I said, a creativily driven album. She is a very creative artist, and therefore seeks challenges in music. with the album she has tryied to write music that is more fun to listen to rytmicwhise, but that still has very thoughtful and raw lyrics. In this she also has succseded. To me an artist is not a true and as you say "respectable" musician by with instruments used but by the thought and creativity that goes into the music and witch aims the artist have. In this Jewel is still a highly respectable songwritter and in no way a sellout!

-----
don't be afraid
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  14:21:28  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I was really scared when I saw her latest video.

I'm sorry, but my comments stand.

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  14:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Her video is a critisism againts modern popculture! There's a conection between the video and lyrics (if you have taken time to listen to those). I can accept that you don't think the album is good, but you shouldn't judge her in this way when you clearly haven't bothered to atleast try understanding the meaning of her music!

-----
don't be afraid
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  14:51:18  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a Lene Marlin forum. I have not neither the interest nor the time of persuing any Jewel fan career (or analyses of her lyrics).

You should remember which forum you're in, and accept the fact that there are people here, including me, that has no feelings or interest in Jewel. I wasn't even commenting on her music as such, I was saying one must be allowed to react when an artist does a 180 degrees turn-around.

She can be as creative as she wants, for all I care, but this kind of behaviour from an artist doesn't exactly build up her credibility as a musician. You say it's a "criticism against modern popculture". How would you know? Have you spoken to her? In my view, it seems more like a desparate move to cash in on the Britney wave.

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  15:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all: the album was mentioned and I commented it in a P.S.-form. The disscussion about Jewel wasn't here before you came along! If yo have no intersest in the subject I suggest you dont post anything or simply say that it's not of innterst to you! If you start saing you're oppinion you're bound to get replies!

-----
don't be afraid

Edited by - Tarnim on 13 Oct 2003 15:06:35
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  15:05:10  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And, you are who to tell me what to post, exactly? I thought you were interested in a discussion about Jewel, but obviously you are more interested in personal attacks.

Well, let's close it then. It doesn't bother me at all.

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  15:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, good idea. It got a bit out of hand there, sorry. Whatever did happen to the duet-disscusionn anyway?

-----
don't be afraid
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  15:19:50  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okay, *shake hands* :)

tefjohs@lene-marlin.no
Go to Top of Page

Dazzy
Fan

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2003 :  22:52:13  Show Profile  Click to see Dazzy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna R.E.M. too, even though someone already said that. That would definatley see too of my favourite acts together, and Michael Stipe has done some great calobarations with other female artists in the past. Natalie Merchant, Patti Smith and Kate Pierson to mention but a few.

So come On Stipey and Lene - GET IT ON!!!

My loss, here we go again...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000