Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  10:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought since the american presidential election is a big topic right now that it might be fun to see what people think. Who do you want to see as leader of the worlds most powerful nation?
I say John Kerry. Why? Just becaus noone can be worse than George W Busch.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  10:28:06  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... well, it's quite a sensitive topic, but i'll give it a go.

I don't know what John Kerry's going to be like, but Bush is terrible. So, let's hope for a good change, i think Kerry should win this time.

These angels of light i cannot see,

Restrained by this untouchable purity.

Inaccessible place of love and peace,

Yet here i am left, in the darkness of Hades.
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  12:17:54  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gore should go...

he WON the election last time...
Bush cheated...

Go to Top of Page

norskelgen
Fan

France
130 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  17:32:24  Show Profile  Click to see norskelgen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ouh!!!!
what a terribkle topic!!! there are rebels inside the common rules instored by the webmasters !!! ahhahah
rebellion is the proper of human !!!

so,i'll answer... :
1.i don't like american politicmen ...
2.i don't like Bush
3.but i hate Kerry too !!!

Bush has done what we know .. but Kerry,i don't feel him well... he's blaming bush for irak war,but still he was at vietnam war ...
and the argument of kerry against bush is : "i was in vietnam",while bush were not"... that's all ... bush seems to be not that intelligent,but kerry seems to be worse !!!
and look at Kerry's face,he's not as charismatic as Clinton,Bush or Chirac !!!that's the charism which says if the president will be popular or not ...
and one last,i think it's impossible to do sg really social and equal in the Usa,so don't let you be lied by Kerry ....
i'm sure and i hope Bush will win ...

ps:marko,don't blame me!!!they obliged me to answer !!!! ahahha

I cry my tears
But they're not for you
Playing a game
I know you've done too
Go to Top of Page

Tarnim
Fan

Sweden
403 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norskelgen

ouh!!!!
what a terribkle topic!!! there are rebels inside the common rules instored by the webmasters !!! ahhahah
rebellion is the proper of human !!!

ps:marko,don't blame me!!!they obliged me to answer !!!! ahahha

what are you on about? There's nothing wrong with a political discussion as long as we show repect for others opinion.

-----
you're right in all the things you do
in all the choises you make
don't be afraid
it all works out in the end
-Lene Marlin, "It's All Good"
Go to Top of Page

norskelgen
Fan

France
130 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  18:13:09  Show Profile  Click to see norskelgen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes ... it's just that sometimes this type of topic could lead to tensions !!! what is the best type of discuss between people which could lead you to use loud voices and fist? POLITIC!!! yes

no,the rest was just a little joke to my friend marko!!!! i'm the kind to do jokes(open up tarnim!!!)

I cry my tears
But they're not for you
Playing a game
I know you've done too
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2004 :  18:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well since we've never met in person (and are unlikely to ever meet in person) we won't know what kind of person each of us are, and so we wouldn't know how to deal with the situation according to the degree of the person's sensitivity. So politics is considered an extremely sensitive topic.

Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  19:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this topic will be unavoidable in every discussion in the next months (hope really we won't have to discuss about worser things, like a new attack: better politics!! Don't you think, norskelgen? )
My opinion: Bush reacted very well after 9/11, but I think every President would have done the same. He was perhaps more aware of what to do, as the tradition of his family is sadly to do wars, he's supported by all the weapons' and oil industries, I'm sure. That's the same reason why I don't like him to be President again. There would sure be other wars, instead of a real effort against terrorism. And if he doesn't care, in the next weeks also talebans will try to reconquer Afghanistan's territories.
Now we need a new period of peace, like during Clinton's presidentship. Obviously that doesn't mean to lower the attention, but to bring more order in some relations and countries, gradually substituing U.S. forces with U.N. forces, helping the democratic process and using more soldiers of U.S. in Afghanistan and where terrorist have their bases.
That's my opinion. I do agree that Kerry has not much charism, but also of Reagan they said he was only an actor. So, between the two, let a chance to this new JFK Bush has had its one.
Regarding election campaigns, we know that politicians always promise more than they can keep. And Superfan is right: remember the cheats of the last election. In such a great country, Bush won with some hundreds of votes more than Gore, after a lot of calculations and who knows, perhaps one day they'll tell us that the real winner was Gore (in fact he was, considering only the number of votes: the contradiction of democracy!)

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 17 Sep 2004 19:37:44
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2004 :  23:04:28  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
perhaps one day they'll tell us that the real winner was Gore

That was announced...over the news in the U.S,
all about the fox news channel and the relationship of fox news & Bush all was leaked
(also Micheal Moore put that leak in his video)

and I strongly believe that if Bush doesn't make it in the election, he'll find his way in the court
(Like President Clinton did)

oh one other believe I have: I think the main attraction over the wars & Supporting Isreal by the U.S was for george W. Bush to make sure he doesn't end up liuke his father....

Go to Top of Page

norskelgen
Fan

France
130 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2004 :  20:00:42  Show Profile  Click to see norskelgen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes marko,prefer to talk about politics in usa and europe instead of attacks or tragedies...hope there won't be soon...even if we are without news from our 2 french journalists since 2 weeks,ad i don't speak about 2 italian and 2 americans an dthe oter british kidnapped as well .... but,i promise to avoid opinions on it ...
hope you're all saying right,and that Kerry will bring a peaceful period... hope you're right ...

I cry my tears
But they're not for you
Playing a game
I know you've done too
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2004 :  14:54:20  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of what Micheal Moore is doing?
If he's on Kerry's side, then so am I!
Moore has proven himself as a "peacefull" person 2 me, and I trhink he knows something!

- - The fear that flows through soul & flesh...Silent hill - -
Go to Top of Page

Helios Rietberg
Fan

Malaysia
710 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2004 :  17:23:50  Show Profile  Visit Helios Rietberg's Homepage  Click to see Helios Rietberg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Talking about politics is certainly better than talking about attacks and wars, but somehow these talks never get anywhere. Whoever we support, Bush, or Kerry, it won't be decided by us... sadly, since the whole world is actually involved indirectly with their control and power. Since America is so strong, almost everything in the world depends on that country. Can we have a change of powerful countries, please? Like Norway or Sweden or Switzerland, maybe, then we'll have peace in the world. Democracy and equality (egalite, pour la France et pour le monde, j'espere) are the only ways to peace, i suspect.

Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2004 :  22:09:14  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
America's power is out of every other country's limit...at geography class today I was taking a look at the map of Iran...and guess what...
America has control of EVERY contry around Iran!, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, Iraq, Kuweit, Saudi Arabia,...
I think the U.S's next target is Iran...

Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2004 :  12:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think the U.S's next target is Iran

That's quite sure if Bush is re-elected! The same Saddam Hussein (as some U.S. papers have reported) said he thought USA would attack Iran and never Iraq, 'cos CIA should have known that Saddam hadn't or wasn't preparing nuclear or similar weapons, should have known it was only a bluff.
Ok, one dictator less, but the most dangerous régime now is just Iran. They send terrorist in Iraq and everywhere, they could have the atomic bomb, they are 100% Islamic (that means integriste mentality until they don't open a bit to the world; and play Bohemian Rapsody in radios is not enough) That doesn't mean USA should attack Iran, but between Iraq and Iran, perhaps would have be better the second one.

Cannot control this... this thing called Lene

Edited by - Marko on 15 Oct 2004 12:45:53
Go to Top of Page

Superfan
Fan

Iran
658 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2004 :  14:32:30  Show Profile  Click to see Superfan's MSN Messenger address  Send Superfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well Iran is asking for it,
once Iran gets there hands on the Nuclear Powerplant (with other contry's support) Bush will have a good plan,
and I figured that Bush will get Iraq first, enrich thier roots in the gulf and then everything is done...
Right now the u.s has surrounded Iran from everyway...

Go to Top of Page

Geno
Fan

Norway
102 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2004 :  14:49:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I supported the invasion of Iraq (although I can see the Americans have mad a lot of mistakes, but I still dont get what the alternative was supposed to be), but I think Iran is different. In Iran you have some kind of political opposition, change is possible from within the system, unlike in Iraq, where most of the opposition figures where in exile or too fragmented. Plus the Iranian people seems to be really p****d off with the Mullah regime.(Im of course not an expert on Iranian affairs, so Iranians posting here, feel free to correct me)

Anyway, I dont think it would be politically possible for a US president to lauch another war in the Middle East while they're still bugged down in Iraq. I dont think the American electorate would be too happy about another war and more dead American soldiers. So not a full scale invasion, but some US or Israeli targeted bombing action might be at hand if Iran gets close to developing nuclear weapons. Israel for one should be very concerned about this, as the Mullahs have sponsored terrorist groups like Hamas and Hizbollah for ages and would probably love to see Israel destroyed.

As for Kerry vs Bush, Id probably go for Kerry after all because Bush is homophobic and too religious for my liking. (ALthoug I do respect him for his response to 9/11)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000