New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

artic
Fan

Norway
42 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  11:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the official norwegian airplay-chart, www.hit40.no (published today), Lene climbs from #2 to #1 in her 3rd week on the chart.

Pegasus_TDCi
Lene.it staff / Moderator

Italy
168 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  14:51:57  Show Profile  Visit Pegasus_TDCi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YEEEEAH! That's a really great news! Things really seem to be going very well, despite of Lene's long absence from the spotlight! I hope that will happen here in Italy too, I mean not only in some radios... I just hope it won't take much time... Well, in the meantime, let's enjoy the climb!!!

The world is land and water... There from here ? If you belive it, my dear, you can ! - Pegasus_TDCi
Go to Top of Page

tefjohs
Fan

Norway
26 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  23:02:15  Show Profile  Visit tefjohs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes! I just checked it, she's number ONE all right! What a historic list that is, I wonder how she must feel looking at it herself after all this time?!

I sincerly hope the SALES charts also will look as good as this when that time comes, both regarding the singles (you weren't there, and others to follow I presume) and the album itself.

I'm a bit worried, because in Norway, we have these 3 "idol" guys, you see, from the TV show that was broadcasted all spring 2003. And they're making a heck of a lot of noise with their single releases. Kurt has been in the no. 1 spot, both on Hit40 radio chart (not anymore though, God bless), and in the sales chart. Now, this week, the three of them occupies spots 1, 2 and 3 on the offical single sales list! What a sad story, in my opinion, because at least two of them has no talent whatsoever.

Another thing that will make a lof of noise is the fact that Kurt, who actually has some talent in his voice, releases his ALBUM on September 8; yes, the same date as Lene's "you weren't there" hits retail stores. I fear that her single release will drown in the absolute noise surrounding this TV-made idol's release. Another sad story if that happens. Also, the other two so-called "idols" release their albums just BEFORE and just AFTER Lene's "Another Day" on September 22. That is not good news to me.

I can only pray that Lene will wipe them off the sales and radio charts in no time, or else she'll drown in all this "idol" hysteria riding Norway right now. And Lene just doesn't deserve that fate after 3 1/2 years away from the business.
Go to Top of Page

artic
Fan

Norway
42 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  11:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and she is still the most played artist on norwegian radio. On this weeks hit40-chart she's at the same place as last week, NUMBER ONE! She's outdoing artists such as Beyonce, Sean Paul and Christina Aguilera.

view the chart at www.hit40.no
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2003 :  13:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very very good.
Thank you artic! Keep us informed.

This is Lene Marlin, an angel sent on Earth to sing with celestial voice the endless beauty of Paradise.
Hearing to her voice lets us come nearer to perfection.
Go to Top of Page

Tef Johs
Fan

Norway
496 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  00:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Tef Johs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And, this week as well, in her 3rd consecutive week in the No 1 spot, she refuses to leave!

In her 5th week overall, she's still occupying the No 1 spot on www.Hit40.no. Impressive!

Yes, I'm not a politician, I'm not a royalty, I have not come back to rule the country. I'm just going to make some music. - Lene Marlin, August 2003.
Go to Top of Page

Marko
Staff Lene.it / Moderator

Italy
949 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  15:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the news. I put it on the site.

“I’m here again because I’ve got my passion back. I’ve never thought about writing a song that will sell because I don't approach music like that. If I thought in that manufactured way, I know I wouldn’t be able to do it” Lene Marlin 2003
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Lene.it International Forum © Lene Marlin Italian fan-club Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000